Author Topic: Royal Jewelry  (Read 13571 times)

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Re: The Lotus Flower tiara
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
Unfortunately for those of us royal watchers who enjoy a tiara showing these types of events are becoming rare. Hopefully there will be a few this year. Denmark typically hosts the most

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 06:58:49 PM »
The DM political editors are confirming W&K for tonight's white tie dinner state banquet, so full details of tiara and gown will be available through press pool who are allowed before the grand entrance of the ballroom, and of course the British monarchy youtube exclusive channel, etc.

.Tonight the Queen and Prince Philip will host 170 guests at the lavish white-tie dinner in the grand ballroom of Buckingham Palace. Members of the Royal Family including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend. It will be the first time the duchess has attended a state dinner at the palace

Read more: Human rights protestors await arrival of Chinese president on the Mall but pro-Beijing musicians are silenced as the state visit entourage heads to
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook 

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
It's a beautiful tiara, Kate with her hair half up and down, looks too small on her, a lot of hair, a chignon she'd look 50.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/03/article-2517729-19D1668C00000578-785_634x618.jpg

Personally I think a low chignon would work and not be too mature.

Offline Jennifer

• Her Royal Highness
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Time really does fly!
Re: Royal Jewelry
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 09:41:55 PM »
5 tiaras Kate might wear for her first state banquet

Though she has been part of the British Royal Family for more than four years Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge still has a couple of premieres left. Later today the beautiful brunette will tick off one of these first times, when she experiences her first state banquet in connection with the Chinese President’s visit to the UK.

As state banquets and tiaras tend to go hand in hand, one of the biggest questions is which tiara the Duchess of Cambridge will wear if any?
We’ve gathered our favourite guesses right here.

Read more:
5 tiaras Kate might wear for her first state banquet | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »
TIARA TUESDAY: the Pearl Poiré tiara

Some Queens have that one tiara that has become synonymous with them. For Queen Elizabeth, it’s the dazzling Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara and for Queen Margrethe of Denmark, it’s the Pearl Poiré tiara.

Like many other tiaras, the Pearl Poiré tiara ended far from home through marriages. The story of the tiara starts in Prussia in 1825:

King Friedrich Wilhelm III’s daughter, Princess Louise, was about to marry Prince Frederik of the Netherlands. The King wanted to send his daughter off with a special gift and commissioned a tiara for her. King Friedrich Wilhelm was so satisfied with the result that he went ahead and ordered yet another identical tiara for his future daughter-in-law, Princess Marianne of the Netherlands, who married his son, Prince Albert, in 1830.

Read more:
TIARA TUESDAY: the Pearl Poiré tiara | Royalista
Very lovely statement tiara.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 02:01:19 AM »
Happy and Glorious ‏@HappynGlorious

For the record, the Queen is wearing the Modern Sapphire Tiara tonight...
#ChinaStateVisit #royal
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRyOdhrWEAIuCVg.jpg

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Modern Sapphire Tiara

This tiara goes by several names, often the George VI Sapphire Tiara or some version of that. But while it does belong in an assembled parure of sorts with the George VI sapphires – a necklace and earrings given to the Queen by her father as a wedding present, which you can read more about on the Jewel Vault – this was a separate piece added by the Queen. Though the origins of the piece itself are not modern, it is a modern addition to the Queen's collection, hence the name I use: the Modern Sapphire Tiara.
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Jewelry identification for the Chinese State Visit
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 05:50:18 AM »
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault

Good descriptions and history of the pieces worn by ladies from the BRF tonight (QEII, DoCam, DoG, Princess Alexandra.) :Jen:

No descriptions of Anne's jewelry but it appears she is wearing the Festoon Tiara which Autumn wore to her wedding to Peter.

Offline Jenee

• Administrator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Zara Phillips
    • Royal Insight
Re: Jewelry identification for the Chinese State Visit
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 07:29:29 AM »
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »
I was surprised to see HM in the Modern Sapphire tiara as it is one she apparently has not worn since the mid-nineties. However it did compliment her blue sash perfectly.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
It's a gorgeous tiara, glad she wore it.

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
It's a nice change from the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland that she wears frequently.

Double post auto-merged: October 21, 2015, 11:04:09 PM

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault

Good descriptions and history of the pieces worn by ladies from the BRF tonight (QEII, DoCam, DoG, Princess Alexandra.) :Jen:

No descriptions of Anne's jewelry but it appears she is wearing the Festoon Tiara which Autumn wore to her wedding to Peter.
Just a FYI, this is a blog that is written by that well known site devoted to royal fashion. PM me if you need to know which one I'm referring to.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:04:09 PM by TLLK »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »
Five things to know about the tiara that made headlines | Royal Central

After weeks of speculation, we now know which of the stunning tiaras in the royal collection was Kate’s choice for her first State Banquet. The Duchess of Cambridge chose the Lotus Flower tiara that she was last seen wearing in 2013 for this mahor event of the State Visit by Chinese President, Xi Jinping, and his wife, Peng Liyuan.

The sparkling diadem, worn with an equally sparkling gown, made the front of nearly all the UK newspapers and has got plenty of people talking. Here are five things you need to know about the tiara Kate wore.
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »
As Kate Middleton's Lotus Flower steals the show, which royal family owns the best tiara? | Daily Mail Online

I don't agree with the writers on their nominations for the "star of the collection." While pieces like the UK's Halo and Norway's Daisy Diamond are pretty, I believe there are other pieces more worthy of that title. They've left out several tiaras: Belgium's Nine Provinces, Spain's Mellerino Shell tiara, and many others.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Singapore Peranakan Diamond Jubilee Brooch
Formerly referred to on this blog as the Gold Filigree Brooch, this brooch is an example of Peranakan, or Straits Chinese, jewelry. The Peranakan Chinese are descendants of Chinese immigrants to what is today Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore, and this is typical of the style of jewelry for which they are known. It features detailed filigree work in 18k gold set with brilliant diamonds and was made by Foundation Jewellers  in Singapore.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 05:46:03 AM »
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother's Sapphire and Diamond Fringe Earrings

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother wearing her Sapphire and Diamond Fringe Earrings
(as well as the Russian Sapphire Cluster Brooch, and the ring that would ultimately become The Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring)
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother regularly wore sapphire brooches during the day - and George VI certainly had an eye for the stone, having gifted it to both his wife and eldest daughter at various occasions - but she wore the blue gem much less frequently in the evenings. And when it came to earrings, she had her favorites and didn't do much branching out. She did, however, have these earrings, which were rarely worn. They include sapphires surrounded by diamonds with a fringe of diamonds and small sapphires suspended below. Like many pieces in her collection, their history is unknown.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2015, 05:56:25 AM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-botswana-flower-brooch/
This flower brooch is in the form of a spray of millet (sometimes called sorghum), a crop that is abundant in Botswana. It features 11 pear shaped diamonds to create the heads of the millet, with simple gold for the stem and leaves.

The President of Botswana, Festus Mogae, presented the piece to The Queen in 2007, at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. The brooch wasn’t exhibited until 2009 though, says From Her Majesty’s Jewel Vault. You can read more about that here.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2015, 03:07:39 PM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-three-thistle-brooch/

This brooch features three thistles with diamonds and gold and silver, possibly a white metal, for the leaves.

The Press Association, according to From Her Majesty’s Jewel Vault, reported the brooch was a gift from the Sultan of Oman, part of a set of four given to Her Majesty. It is likely, as FHMJV posits, that the other three depict representations of the other nations of the UK, with this brooch using the flower of Scotland. It first appeared in 2012, likely making it a Jubilee gift.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-wattle-brooch/
This brooch is in the form of a spray of wattle, the national flower of Australia, mimosa leaves and tea-tree blossoms. It was presented to The Queen in 1954 as she toured Australia after her Coronation. The brooch has yellow diamonds on the wattle spray, and clear diamonds create the remainder of the flowers.

The piece was a gift from the people and government of Australia at a banquet in Canberra, and was designed and made by Paul Schneller, commissioned by William Drummond & Co. The Queen regularly wears this piece, so it seems to be a favourite of hers.

Offline cate1949

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Queen Elizabeth II
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2015, 05:02:43 AM »
HM persists in fashion trends - such as wearing a brooch - which have fallen by the wayside for the younger gen nowadays.  I think that is too bad - a brooch can really change an outfit - dress it up - or even have some fun.  I still wear them with scarves and if I had the Queen's collection I too would wear them all the time.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    54%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2015, 05:05:48 AM »
^ Yes, I agree. She has her favourites among a wonderful collection and it's always good to see the wattle being given an airing!

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-bja-dove-brooch/

The brooch takes the form of a dove. It is a simple diamond frame with platinum and gold shamrocks, thistles, roses and daffodils (the flowers of the UK) and holly leaves inside. The holly symbolises unity, and the dove design stands for peace.

The piece was a gift for The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, and a competition was run by the British Jeweller’s Association to select a design to give Her Majesty; Ivonna Poplanska was the winner.

The BJA says the brooch is entitled ‘The Eternal Dove’, and is loosely based on the ‘Sceptre with Dove’ in the Crown Jewels, made for the Coronation of Charles II in 1661. The internal decorations are made in Irish, Welsh, Scottish and English gold, quite rare, which was donated by local prospectors.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    54%
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
^ It is a unique piece and I've never heard of gold being prospected in England!

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-victorias-bow-brooches/

Victoria’s bow brooches are a trio of bows, two large and one small, that – unsurprisngly, belonged to Queen Victoria. Her Majesty usually sports a large one for day wear and occasionally uses the smaller one as sash pins on more formal occasions, though the difference in size is minimal.

The Queen is regularly seen in one of these easy-to-wear brooches, and it certainly makes the top five of her most-worn pieces.  She also wore it when she became the longest-reigning British Monarch in history this year.

Victoria asked Garrard to make her three brooches in 1858, with over 500 diamonds she had in storage. She left them to The Crown after her death in 1901, and so they have been passed on from Queen to Queen ever since.

Queen Alexandra and Mary used them as more than brooches in their respective tenures as Queen, creating makeshift stomachers from them, amongst other things (see the image below). Look at Order of Splendour here to see the bows being worn over the years, including The Duchess of York using it at the top button of her shirt in the 1980s.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2015, 05:10:59 PM »
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/royal-fashion/the-queens-jewellery-chrysanthemum-brooch/

The chrysanthemum brooch is in the form of such a flower. Deep blue sapphires form the flower’s centre and diamonds the petals.

It was a gift to Princess Elizabeth in 1946 for launching the British Princess oil tanker from Sir James Laing & Sons Limited and the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company Ltd.

It is one of the first jewellery gifts she ever received, and she wore it for her honeymoon photo in 1947 and again for her and Philip’s 60th anniversary photos, recreating the image at Balmoral.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    54%
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »
Yet another beautiful brooch and my favourite stones, sapphires as well!

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites