Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: May edition (part I)

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 16, 2014, 10:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteOnce more The Royal women have been out in force for engagements, with a plethora of fashions and pieces to showcase.
More: Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: May edition (part I) | Royal Central

PrincessOfPeace

Part II

QuoteAfter a few busy weeks, I've had to split May into 3 parts! With Her Majesty's vast wardrobe this fortnight, the final pieces of Royal Fashion Round-up will be in another post, released shortly after this one.

For now, we focus solely on Her Majesty, The Queen.  At The Royal Windsor Horse show, Her Majesty showed us a number of outfits. The first was a cornflower blue coat with silver button details, over a white and blue floral patterned dress. The hat matched the coat and had a black and white floral spray on the front. 
More: Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: May edition (part II) | Royal Central

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

I don't know what it is but HM looks better now IMHO than she did in the 70's-90's. She's still wearing colors that help her to stand out in a crowd, but since her hair has gone silver I really believe that the color palette is much more flattering to her. 

Curryong

I think HM had a very old dresser for decades. She'd been with her since she was part of the nursery staff. The Queen was devoted to her but the old dear (I think the Queen called her Bobo) had her ideas and wouldn't budge.

Since she died and the new dresser and friend, Angela Kelly, has been on the scene, I agree with you, there has been a transformation. Different fabrics, more jewel-like vibrant colours and HM has just blossomed. I agree too that her silver hair softens her features.

PrincessOfPeace

Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: May edition (part III)

To finish off May, here are the last few pieces of Royal fashion updates and news.

To receive the Governor-General from The Solomon Islands, Her Majesty chose a white dress with navy bow print. The dress has long sleeves and a round neckline. The Empress Marie Feodorovna's brooch was used, featuring a large central sapphire stone surrounded by 2 rows of diamons of different sizes, giving it a flower like appearance. There is a pear-drop pearl hanging from it, which is detachable. This was a wedding gift from King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra to Empress Marie, Alexandra's sister. It was bought by Queen Mary in 1930, after her death when her daughter's sold off items of her jewellery; The Queen received it upon her grandmother's death in 1953.
More: Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: May edition (part III) | Royal Central