Diana's butler Paul Burrell hopes art will get him out of dog house

Started by Limabeany, October 26, 2014, 08:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Diana's butler Paul Burrell sells his watercolour paintings | Royal | News | Daily Express

QuoteHe creates landscapes, biblical scenes featuring Jesus and the Virgin Mary, and people's pets. "Every one I paint I sell," the Queen's former footman said.

His artwork fetches about £125 a piece from his flower and gift shop in Farndon, Cheshire.

The store has branched out into selling soft furnishings as well as jewellery and shawls. Mr Burrell, 56, has now moved back permanently from Florida, where his wife Maria and grown-up sons Alexander and Nicholas are based. He said: "I no longer live in the US. I have a nice quiet life here now."

He has no plans to paint any of his former employers. "No I haven't painted any Royals and I don't plan to. I'm happy doing cats and dogs and landscapes and living in my quiet world away from the limelight." The Midlands-born lorry driver's son joined royal service at 18, becoming the Queen's personal footman a year later.

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.