Kate's last engagement: naming of the Royal Princess

Started by cinrit, June 03, 2013, 06:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

^^ She's not Diana, and she's not going to have the same physical actions/reactions to pregnancy as Diana did. :wacko:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

She appeared a short time ago and her face was paler and she was said to have the glow. I t hnk it was more makeup that she was wearing.

SophieChloe

^ Of course it was the make-up.  She has always worn far too much slap - IMO.   Why the hell she insists on being seen from outerspace is beyond me.  Just like her video message.  Perhaps she is going for the Aunt Sally look. 

Quote from: Windsor on June 13, 2013, 03:03:15 PM
Quote from: Sandor on June 13, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
I hate to sound like a grinch, but couldn't they smash a cheaper wine and donate that money to the charities as well?
Why waste such an expensive wine?

They have the money, and why not? Its a long standing tradition...  :shrug: Not everything in this world has to be about charity.
Cava would have done the job  :P

Why exactly is Kate advertising a Commercial enterprise - I thought the RF were above all that? 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

anitalalala

Im sorry if i sound mean..but i have to be honets..i think she looks  HORRENDOUS!!!
The other day just said she looked her best..now i think she looks bad...this kinda of print does nothign for her...the dress is like a bag on her...But me thinks that if  it was on another color it would be less bad..but on leopard print is just weird...ugly!!!
Not my thing honestlly...

The hair looks good color good on some pics on others not so much...nromal i guess....make up looks very heavy espcially on the cheeks shes pink in some pics....didnt liked it at all bthis look...
I think shes not a pretty prego women at all...stylish i wont even comment in more than 10 years never seen her dressing as bad as latelly...
And again with the dress going up problem...i mean less than a month seriouslly..thats why people comment so much about it...at leats this time she wore something under it..otherwise she wuld be naked again...and she dont seem to mind o n the pics as well...thats why people talk so much about it me thinks anyway..there u go....

Whats this event about???She visiting a ship???

FanDianaFancy

antilala, :nod:  it was to christen  a  new   , huge, cruise ship  called The Royal  Princess.

sandy, you thought wrong  and was corrected.  :happy20:Your  thought  is wrong, LOL!!!  Try  not think my pal. :angel:

Hmm, sophie,  K is not PD. 
Well, not  pregnant  lady  is the same either...
glow, rouge, so what. Maybe she  had a bit  of reflux  a   moment before.  Maybe  she had to excuse herself  had  really  had to pass  gas..a  big gas bubble.

It  could  be  a  bit more make-up or  that glow.
So what.
She  has  eased up on her signature  eyeliner   and that  is  good.

Does anyone remeber when some people  on the 1980's  would line, draw I should their lips and eyes.
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!

sandy  and others, last month of pregnancy, no pregnancy before , whatever. I  think  , what   we  all have said    on threads before on K,   is  most likely true that  she is   not going to be   hard worker  for  the crown, her keep, her country  and  subjects.
Some charities. Lots  of  routine  easy things  like the  garden party.  Glam. Sports. Easy  fun stuff  like  the studio trip . YES, we  all know  whatever they  do  sends a  spotlight and money  to  it  whatever  it may be. That  is  NOT the point  we  are making.
We  ALL :blahblahblah:  know that ...that every event is tied  into a charity or cause  some kind  of way.

From when she   just  married  to a  half year  to a year  time  of her sabotical  to now, what  you see is  what  you get.  :Lothwen:

Lothwen

In some pictures her face looks redder than others. I think some of it may have to do with the lighting. :shrug:
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

FanDianaFancy

Duchess of Cambridge given tour of opulent cruise ship after launching it with a £1,250 Nebuchadnezzar of champagne | Mail Online

Too much blush, acid reflux, pregnancy glow,lightening, gas  attack, etc. and whatever else...

She  does look  lovely.
She  is  a very  pretty  girl.
Like her  or not, gotta give her that.

anitalalala

I think shes very pretty as well..but not as a prego women..seen way less prettier womens than her glow while being prego ..as well many other prettier than kate dont look theyre best either...
The thing about kate is that she always looks bad me thinks...most of the time..theres something bout her thats sad i dont know how to explaing..but especially since she got prego shes passing me this vibe.dont think she fells confortable/confidente with her body right now..wich is totally comprehensive anyway... :blowkiss:
She just looks depressed to me in some ay dont ask me why...and she just totally lost her style during the poregnancy maybe thats why shes Always sad coz she cant wait to have her body and her clothes back who knows... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do think she overreated on the blush..she does looks very pin..at first i though it was her natural red cheecks ( thats th word?? not sure anyway) but seeing again and again is her blush me thinks.,..the yees also are heavier than normal...but the worst is the dress  :no: :wacko:
But im not any fan of animal prints anyway..though that kate would neevr disapoint me on such aspect..now shes on the league of womens wo wear leopard prints and unlike many she dont looks good at all...it does fits some womens better than others anyway

missbliss

Quote from: anitalalala on June 13, 2013, 07:49:40 PM

But im not any fan of animal prints anyway..though that kate would neevr disapoint me on such aspect..now shes on the league of womens wo wear leopard prints and unlike many she dont looks good at all...it does fits some womens better than others anyway
Never liked animal prints myself - however it should be noted that this print is not leopard, but Dalmatian (the dogs).  Hence the comments about Cruella Deville, the villainess of 1001 Dalmatians, who wants a Dalmatian fur coat!  :happy15:

cinrit

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on June 13, 2013, 06:52:40 PM
sandy, you thought wrong  and was corrected.  :happy20:Your  thought  is wrong, LOL!!!  Try  not think my pal. :angel: 

Sarcasm duly noted.  :)   Here is an explanation of "the pregnancy glow" that I mentioned, which is more than likely the reason for Kate's face being flushed:

QuoteYour skin retains more moisture during pregnancy, which plumps it up, smoothing out any fine lines and wrinkles. The pinkish glow that makes some women look radiant is caused by increased levels of the hormone progesterone, and by the extra blood circulating round your body. This may also make you feel slightly warmer and sometimes flushed.

The downside of this effect for many is that you may look puffy from water retention, and any red patches that you already have on your face may become more visible. These will eventually calm down once you've given birth. If this is your experience, remember to drink plenty of water - your skin will benefit if you keep well hydrated, which actually helps with fluid retention.

Is glowing pregnancy skin a myth? | News.com.au 

QuoteWhat is this? "Mask of pregnancy" is also referred to as melasma and chlosma. Melasma causes dark splotchy spots to appear on your face. These spots most commonly appear on your forehead and cheeks and are a result of increased pigmentation. When you become pregnant your body produces more hormones, which causes an increase in your pigmentation. Nearly 50% of pregnant women show some signs of the "mask of pregnancy".

Skin Changes During Pregnancy | American Pregnancy on Skin Changes 

Cindy

SophieChloe

Perhaps Kate should step away from the heels  :shrug: (and the blusher  :hehe:)

How long was she there for?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

The whole ceremony was about 45 minutes, then it pretty much shut down.  (When I go out, I always put on enough blusher to make myself look like a circus clown.   ( :hehe: ;)  )

Cindy

candyflower

I read she arrived around 11:30 and here is the live tweet:

11:53This is Kate's big moment: "I name this ship, Royal Princess. May god bless her and all who sail in her."

11:57Hope the bottle breaks.....Kate cuts the blue ribbon to release the champagne and it smashes on impact with the crusie ship, phew!

12:01Kate has now left and the marching band are playing us out

blue eyes

cinrit

QuotePregnant Kate's Last Solo Public Appearance Ends In a Smash As She Launches Cruise Ship

Kate, who is due to give birth in a month's time flew by helicopter to Southampton to attend a colourful naming ceremony for Royal Princess, a new 141,000-tonne cruise liner at the city's Ocean Terminal.

As the ship's Godmother, she was following in the footsteps of the Queen, the late Princess Diana and other senior royals in upholding a tradition of members of the family launching  vessels.

She was taking part in a ceremony involving a blessing and performances by singer Natasha Bedingfield, the band of the Royal Marines and the Irish Guards Pipers before smashing a £1,250 nebuchadnezzar of Moet et Chandon champagne over the hull of the ship.

Among the guests at the ceremony were 300 people from three royal charities supported by Kate, Prince William and Prince Harry - East Anglia's Children's Hospices, SkillForce, and WellChild who stayed overnight on the ship.

Pregnant Kate's last solo public appearance ends in a smash as she launches cruise ship | Royal | News | Daily Express 

Cindy

good221

My nephew and my son thought  she look like Cruella Deville ''they should hide those puppies''. Ones again the daily fail and the Sun news paper have turn it into fashion show and what is with these  last engagements B.S. people are talking about Kate did not do much this year why now are people making BIG deal over these, if she work her butt off then I will understand but all of this is so unnecessary!! :orchid:

blue eyes

Think the tradition of wacking a ship with a bottle of bubbly is great but I think the wacker should get to name the ship  :angeldevil1: 

No the dress isn't my taste .. but she looks great.  :flower:

Blue Clover

A 30 minute workday plus travel! Awesome! :thumbsup:

NotWaitieKatie

I didn't like her outfit. I don't think she looked good in it. But give her props, it was a windy day and I didn't see her, what was that word?, undercrackers?
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

anitalalala

Quote from: missbliss on June 13, 2013, 07:58:42 PM
Quote from: anitalalala on June 13, 2013, 07:49:40 PM

Never liked animal prints myself - however it should be noted that this print is not leopard, but Dalmatian (the dogs).  Hence the comments about Cruella Deville, the villainess of 1001 Dalmatians, who wants a Dalmatian fur coat!  :happy15:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As ive said dont like it..it just gives me a weird feeling..extravgant ugly thing dont know how to explain...maybe thats why i really dont pau attention to the print..if its animal...i dont like it honetslly...
As ive said anyway some wear it better than others...tghats not kates case anyway...
I dont think she looks like cruella anyway...she looks like  bag of potato in  very bad print...ewww...this is  bad look i hate it..sorry

marine2109

Quote13-06-2013 Doop Pregnant Princess Catherine (Kate), Duchess of Cambridge during the naming of the Princess Cruises ship, Royal Princess, at the Ocean Terminal, Southampton Docks in Hampshire.
The ship will have her maiden voyage on 16 June 2013 and will then cruise the Mediterranean Sea and Eastern Caribbean.

PPE Agency

Jenee

Ugg, that coat was not at all flattering, and her hair makes it worse. CUT IT KATE!!!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge Attends a Princess Cruises' Ship Naming Ceremony

The Duchess of Cambridge carried out her last solo engagement today before her baby is born - launching a new liner.

Her Royal Highness attended the naming ceremony of Princess Cruises' 3,600-passenger vessel Royal Princess.

She took her place on a stage in blustery conditions that threatened rain and seated opposite in a large grandstand were guests associated with charities that have The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge or Prince Harry as their patrons.

Spectators were from East Anglia's Children's Hospice, The Duchess's charity, SkillForce which has The Duke as its figurehead, and Prince Harry's organisation WellChild.

Later, The Duchess was taken on a tour of the cruise ship by the Captain and after meeting staff in the vessel's atrium she visited the bridge.  She had views across Southampton waters and was shown the ship's bell from the previous Royal Princess associated with the late Diana, The Princess of Wales.

The Duchess of Cambridge attends a Princess Cruises' ship naming ceremony 

Cindy

marine2109

candyflower

What happened to the gala dinner Kate was supposed to attend after the christening of the ship?