Are Harry & Meghan like the Kardashians

Started by wannable, January 20, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Amanda Platell is comparing H&M with the Kardashians.

I think the comparison should have been with Fergie, a breath of fresh air...

QuoteThe royals are not the Kardashians, Miss Markle: AMANDA PLATELL says the young royals must move with the times but be careful what they wish for
By Amanda Platell for The Daily Mail - January 20th 2018, 12:59:32 am
I don't want to be po-faced, and quite understand that the monarchy needs to adapt and modernise. But what next? Should we all be hugging Camilla and Charles? Or, God forbid, the Queen?

The royals are not the Kardashians, Miss Markle | Daily Mail Online

amabel

Look how Ferg's "being a breath of fresh air" ended....

TLLK

IMHO they're not the "Kardashians" of the BRF. The couple (especially Meghan) are receiving an extraordinary percentage of media coverage, because stories about them are big sellers.  Stories  about Anne, Andrew, Edward/Sophie...are not really sought after by the public except those who have an interest in these particular royals.

Valentina18

Amanda should have compared the Middleton's to the kardashians they have more in common.Why didn't amanda criticize kate for hugging kids just like meghan at her last engagement? I think meghan and harry are a wonderful couple.People are just looking for anything to tear them down which is sad.

Kritter

^  :thumbsup: 

I agree & all the royals have hugged someone at one time or another. I think the reporters that continue with these senseless attacks will find themselves out in the cold after the wedding.    :nod:

Double post auto-merged: January 21, 2018, 01:12:55 AM

matilda‏ @matilda_soo_blu
Replying to @theroyaleditor @DailyMailCeleb

QuoteThe royals are not the Kardashian?s. The Middleton?s however..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT_HvV7XUAAL7w9.jpg

wannable

Quote from: Valentina18 on January 20, 2018, 11:02:52 PM
Amanda should have compared the Middleton's to the kardashians they have more in common.Why didn't amanda criticize kate for hugging kids just like meghan at her last engagement? I think meghan and harry are a wonderful couple.People are just looking for anything to tear them down which is sad.

Amanda has in the past criticized Kate, hence the stepford wife.

The hugging kids situation; Kate's was hugged by children as seen in the video, Harry ordered the kids to hug Meghan.

Kritter

All the royals have hugged children since children are great huggers but Kate has never been a child person, she usually scares children.

The children were hugging Meghan & Harry said everyone give Meghan a group hug so not the same thing.

Meghan went over & eased  one little girl out of her shyness into participation & that is not something Kate would do.

wannable

Kate's was spontaneous, Harry's was ordered.  The End.

Valentina18

Nothing about kate is spontaneous. Harry saw that the kids were eager to greet meghan hence the go ahead hug her to the kids.Kate and her spontaneous hug made for a good headline .The kids didn't seem as eager to run up and hug kate.Kids know when a person is real and meghan is definitely the real deal.

wannable

We are talking about children; the Kate hugs was spontaneous as the children went for the hug, Kate complied smiling et all as seen in the video. 

There is a big difference when an Adult "orders" children to hug versus children spontaneously having a go for the hug without being ordered. Ask any psychologist, or do a Do it yourself research....

The kid may have been 'eager' to greet and meet, but none of them went for the hug until Harry ordered them to hug her as the video shows. Kids will do what adults command.

Kritter

Meghan's popularity is frightening to Kate. She has started to show some human qualities minus the robotic actions she has done for years.

I guess she thinks she can transfer the boring & lazy title to Meghan the way Camilla transferred the Duchess Dolittle title to her. It won't work because Meghan already has a work ethic & already draws more people than Kate.

How will Kate keep herself in the papers while she takes the rest of the year off for the birth? She will call them up with "leaks" as she has done for years. Although I did read it was the Middleton family that does the leaks.

Valentina18

I didn't hear him ordering anyone he was letting them know it was okay to hug her.Kate needed hugs from kids to get a headline since most of the time there is nothing to report on bedsides her clothes which are boring and dated.Also there have been numerous times where people at events have asked kids to hug a royal or hand them flowers and the kids choose not to its their choice.No i dont have to watch the video again you see and hear what you want .I see a friendly and warm couple enjoying the kids.

wannable

Watch and listen to the video again....He ordered the children to hug Meghan.

None of the kids requested the hug for him to say its okay to do it.

Kritter

Quote from: Valentina18 on January 21, 2018, 04:29:08 PM
I didn't hear him ordering anyone he was letting them know it was okay to hug her.Kate needed hugs from kids to get a headline since most of the time there is nothing to report on bedsides her clothes which are boring and dated.Also there have been numerous times where people at events have asked kids to hug a royal or hand them flowers and the kids choose not to its their choice.No i dont have to watch the video again you see and hear what you want .I see a friendly and warm couple enjoying the kids.

:goodpost:   :thumbsup: 

They will never do anything good for her that is acceptable because she is a W&K hardcore fan.

wannable

The video is there and Harry's voice commanding is too.

No argument to further the discussion, because there is a factual proof that Harry ordered hugs, whilst Kate no one ordered hugging, a spontaneous moment captured (Kate was included by someone in this Harry and Meghan board/thread) hence your attack on the poster. Typical and classic.

Valentina18

No one is attacking anyone its just that when it comes to meghan everything is negative which is sad.The reason i bought up kate is because she was doing the same thing meghan was while meghan is getting criticism for the littlest of things and compared to the kardashians which isn't fair.

wannable

Yet there is a big difference with ordering and spontaneity...so it was not and never will be "doing the same thing", as this is the innocence of children. What children do via orders is different to children doing something spontaneously. As I said, ask any psychologist.

Blame Amanda for comparing Meghan to the Kardashians.  As I also said Amanda has done criticism towards Kate.   

Yet you read a fellow poster attacking who has nothing else to add to the discussion of the subject (Harry and Meghan Board/Thread), as everyone here can read, stating that a posters discussion is because said poster is a hardcore, and insisting she did not is worst, you are taking me for an idiot. 

Kritter

@Valentina18  No need to explain about the attacking as it is obviously coming from another who just loves to argue. It is the same with anyone who likes Harry.

QuoteAs I said, ask any psychologist.

Ask any psychologist what exactly?

Valentina18

Thanks,kritter .I haven't been on here in a while.

Kritter

I have only been on this forum for a couple of months & some things on here are mind blowing.   :teehee:

SophieChloe

[gmod]Here we go again, sniping at each other already. This thread is about Harry & Meghan, NOT each other. If this continues I will put in place the option to have the offending Member's posts on Pre-Approval before publication. Come on guys![/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Curryong

A comparison between the way Kate and Meghan are photographed. Photographers who have photographed Kate have complained before that they often get profile shots, not full face.

The subtle difference between Kate and Meghan's photos | Daily Mail Online

Kritter

I think it depends on whether or not she needs good press. I like looking at photos & I have seen many of Kate searching the camera out to make sure they get the shot.

Meghan's profession sort of means she has to be aware of looking into the camera. After years that would just be habit more than anything else.

Jenee

Amanda P. makes it sound like this is negative, but I think it shows M?s thoughtfulness and desire to do good in this world. Certainly not ?Kardashian-like? at all.

QuoteIt is clear Meghan is endearingly desperate to please. Joining The Firm is a daunting prospect even for a sophisticated 36-year-old TV celebrity. Yet every item of her ?3,300 outfit in Cardiff was sending out a blatant message. The women-empowering earrings, the ?1,350 cruelty-free Stella McCartney coat, the ?295 handbag whose purchase provides money to abandoned and orphaned children.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Kritter

^ The press has been trying to destroy her before she even has a chance to get started. Things they have praised Kate for they have found fault with when it comes to Meghan.