Author Topic: Has William found a way to adjust to going bald  (Read 345 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Has William found a way to adjust to going bald
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:35 PM »
Prince William sports shaven head as he backs NHS scheme | Daily Mail Online

What do you think better or worse?

Double post auto-merged: January 19, 2018, 04:23:09 AM

Prince William's Shaved Head Is Dividing Internet, Photos | Time

While plenty of people have been busy paying attention to Meghan Markle?s artfully mussed low chignon, another royal?s new hairstyle ? or rather, the lack thereof ? made its debut. Prince William showed off what appeared to be a freshly shorn, very closely cropped haircut during an appearance at the Evelina London Children?s Hospital.

As might be expected, the Internet had all of the feelings about the Duke of Cambridge?s new haircut and took to Twitter to discuss the style?s most riveting aspects, including takes on the seeming shave, which many found to be his most flattering look yet.

Double post auto-merged: January 19, 2018, 06:25:21 PM

Fans urge Duke of Cambridge to grow a beard | Daily Mail Online

He caused a stir by debuting a newly-shorn head during an engagement this week.

And now royal-watchers are urging the Duke of Cambridge to complete his new look by growing a bushy beard.

People have taken to Twitter to call for William, 35, to follow in his brother's footsteps and sport some facial fuzz to distract attention from his hairless head.

The third-in-line to the throne, whose hairline has been receding for several years, decided to brave the shave ahead of his visit to the Evelina London Children's Hospital on Thursday.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:25:21 PM by Kritter »

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Re: Has William found a way to adjust to going bald
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:07:46 PM »
I think its cool that William since his early 20's has embraced the fact of his thinning hair and going bald. More than 10 years of articles recommending, but no inside source of him trying to cover or remedy the crowning bald spot, says his character and behavior is that of a high self confident/esteem man, whilst men who seek remedies have a low self confidence/esteem.

Perhaps he should champion the bald club :) 

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »
What could he really do it is in his genetics. All the Windsor men go bald to a certain extent. People would have been questioning why he hadn't gone bald.

I don't actually think his shaving is better than his hair is. Maybe if he really shaved his head instead of the buzz cut.

It seems I was mistaken about the cost of the buzz cut. It wasn't 130 pounds but 180 pounds.  :eyes:

Cele|bitchy | Prince William shaved off almost all of his remaining hair: love it or hate it?

I?m trying to remember if I?ve ever yelled about Prince William?s bald dome. I?m trying to remember because, quite honestly, his baldness never really bugged me. I?ll criticize William all day long for being work-shy and petulant, but he can?t help his (lack of) hair situation. Some people feel strongly about how balding men should just give up the ghost and shave everything. I don?t really feel that way? I think if a bald man wants to keep ?the ring? of hair at the back, that?s fine. My late father was bald and he kept ?the ring? of hair and it suited him. He would have looked weird if he shaved everything off.

Why bring this up? Because William decided to shave off almost everything he had left. I don?t consider this a completely shaved head ? it?s like he got ?the ring? to a near-buzzcut. And ladies, I do not like it. He looks like a newly hatched chick. William debuted his new look on Thursday, when he made a trip to Evelina London Children?s Hospital. I wonder? do you think he was just changing things up and he?ll grown ?the ring? back. Charles has kept the ring and it suits him, I think. If anything, Charles was always awkward-looking in his youth and middle-age, but the grey hair and bald-top makes him look distinguished and handsome-for-an-older-guy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:29:54 PM by Kritter »

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
Baldness is not the end of the world. Only in our superficial world is it a problem.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

The following users thanked this post: wannable, TLLK

Offline Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
What could he really do it is in his genetics. All the Windsor men go bald to a certain extent. People would have been questioning why he hadn't gone bald.

I don't actually think his shaving is better than his hair is. Maybe if he really shaved his head instead of the buzz cut.

It seems I was mistaken about the cost of the buzz cut. It wasn't 130 pounds but 180 pounds.  :eyes:

Also fortunate that Juan Carlos is also bald(ing) LOL I just couldnt resist  :partaay: I agree, 180 pounds for a haircut is crazy, but Bill Clinton paid 250 bucks 20 yrs ago, so I guess its a bargain ?!?
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:53:33 AM »
The styling solutions Prince William could have adopted | Daily Mail Online

It was reported that the father-of-three to be paid ?180 to have his head shaved by his wife's hairdresser, Richard Ward, and later decided to get the number one buzz cut - a figure that has since been denied.

A royal source said last night that William actually cuts his hair himself most of the time.

They said laughingly: ?The Duke is very amused that anyone thinks he has enough hair to justify that kind of money. ?

It is thought that Joey Wheeler, who works under Mr Ward, trimmed his hair at his royal residence at Kensington Palace.

And while the royal plumped for a buzz cut to transform his changing locks, stylists at a celebrity hair salon say there are plenty of other options Prince William could have embraced.

Double post auto-merged: January 20, 2018, 04:15:32 AM

Prince William's Hair Through the Years: Photos

In honor of Prince William?s newly shaved head, here?s a look back at how he?s styled his hair throughout the years
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:15:33 AM by Kritter »

Offline TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 05:45:10 AM »
Rebecca English on Twitter: "Prince William has laughed off suggestions he paid ?180 to shave his thinning locks. ?The Duke is very amused that anyone

Prince William has laughed off suggestions he paid ?180 to shave his thinning locks. ?The Duke is very amused that anyone thinks he has enough hair to justify that kind of money!? a source told me. At least he has a sense of humour about it!

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:51:25 AM »
I wonder who called her up to say that.   :hmm:  Coming after people were having a fit about the cost.   :hmm:

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Ouch sending a message to someone me thinks.

Offline TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 06:32:16 AM »
 :lol: @wannable I thought that his response was very funny and witty.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 06:40:55 AM »
William has always had a very out of touch & awkward sense of humor. It is sad really but I guess it goes along with people always saying yes & laughing at his dumb jokes so I guess he really can't help it.

Double post auto-merged: January 20, 2018, 07:38:43 AM

Rebecca English
‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail

I also hear that William normally just shaves his hair at home himself -seems like this visit from a hairdresser was a bit of a one off.

William doesn't shave his head. Oh wait he hides so much maybe we just haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:38:43 AM by Kritter »

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »
What is there to suffer a sad syndrome for having an awkward sense of humor.

At least he has a sense of humor rather than none.

This fault finding whoever the leaker for  the very peanuts of GBP 180 is quite queer.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 10:33:42 PM »
Cele|bitchy | Did Prince William shave his head to steal Harry & Meghan?s loved-up thunder?

Last Thursday, Prince William revealed his new haircut ? an almost completely bald dome. He didn?t shave everything off, he just did a very close buzzcut on his remaining hair. As I said, I?m not a fan ? some men can really pull off the bald head, and William is not one of them. It is interesting that William debuted his dome at nearly the same moment that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrived in Cardiff though, right? Usually William and Harry space out their events so they won?t be competing for coverage.

Since they say ?keen,? you know it?s really coming from Poor Jason. Personally, I believe William and Kate are BOTH feeling a little bit anxious and thirsty these days. Look no further than their sudden blitz of activity before, during and after the engagement announcement. We rarely see that much of Kate, and there she was, doing event after event that week, smiling for the cameras and generally giving off a vibe of ?don?t forget about me!!?

Offline TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
IMO he looks better with the shorter hair. I doubt that he's going to go fully shaven though. Unsure if he should grow a beard or not, but IMO his face shape is clearly Spencer-Johnny/Charles.

Offline Izabella

• Domestic Goddess, Dietitian, and SuperMom
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Boom Shaklala! nola.🎷
    • Favorite royal: 🤔 My daughter
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 12:38:41 AM »
Are plenty of other options Prince William could have embraced.

:Lothwen: The marine boot camp look. :lol:  He's rockin' it!  :lol: 
People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me. ~ Caroline Brunswick

Robert Mason was one of 78 Bolton residents killed in the Bolton Massacre, part of the English Civil War .

Offline SophieChloe

• Head Moderator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    48%
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:59 AM »
Her spending on hair and clothes, is IMO ridiculous.  I was going to create a thread dedicated to her hair, but would rather focus on her devotion to her Charity work instead.  Oh.  So a few posts have been moved across to here :

Kate's Hair
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:47:47 AM by SophieChloe »
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
Prince William shows off thicker hair at London event | Daily Mail Online

He made headlines when he debuted his newly-shorn head at an engagement last week.

But it appears Prince William might already be having second thoughts about his dramatic new look.

The Duke of Cambridge, 35, was spotted sporting longer and thicker hair on his sides at a public engagement today, in a sign he might let the style grow out slightly. 

Award-winning celebrity hairdresser Jason Collier said it is 'not surprising' William could be having regrets over his bold new look, explaining that buzzcuts are a deceptively high-maintenance style. 

Offline arusha

• Palace Visitor
  • Activity:
    0%
  • MEANY ME
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
:lol: @wannable I thought that his response was very funny and witty.
😃😃😃😃

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

Ouch sending a message to someone me thinks.

:D :D :D :D
IT HURTS Doesn't it stranger? We are even. I think 2009 to today is long enough. I am still available and I would love to see you again and get to know you better. You know how to find me like last time at the doctor. Yes you I am talking to you.😉😘

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites