Duchess of Cambridge donates seven inches of her own hair to children?s charity

Started by TLLK, January 28, 2018, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Child cancer fighter has secret brush with royalty as Kate donates her hair | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteTHE DUCHESS of Cambridge has come up with a very personal way to support a child cancer charity ? by donating her hair to make wigs for young patients. When her hairdresser Joey Wheeler cut off seven inches from her usual length, Kate asked an aide to collect the locks and send them to a charity, thought to be the Little Princess Trust.

More about the Little Princess Trust- Little Princess Trust - A charity to provide real hair wigs for children suffering hair loss

Kritter

TLLK

QuoteThe Herefordshire-based organisation has realistic wigs made for children who have lost their own hair through chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment.

The idea came to Kate as her hair was cut at Kensington Palace by Joey, 30, who works for Richard Ward Hair in Chelsea.

A royal source said: ?Four months ago Joey persuaded her it was time to take off some of her hair; he said it was just getting too long.

?While Joey was snipping away the idea came to her of doing some good with it rather than throwing it away.

According to the Little Princess Trust-Ponytails that are 12" or longer are made into individual wigs. Ponytails that are 7" up to 12" are then mixed with other hair to create wigs for children. One Direction member Harry Styles has also donated his hair to the trust. Kate donated a 7" ponytail according to the article.

sara8150

Duchess of Cambridge 'donates seven inches of her own hair to children?s charity which helps make wigs for young cancer victims'
Duchess of Cambridge 'donates hair to cancer charity' | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:48:50 AM

Child cancer fighter has secret brush with royalty as Kate donates her hair
Child cancer fighter has secret brush with royalty as Kate donates her hair | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kritter

QuoteA spokeswoman for the Little Princess charity said it was usual for donations of hair to be sent accompanied by a note containing the donor?s details, although it did accept anonymous donations.

She added: ?We are not aware of having any donation made by the Duchess of Cambridge, but if she had sent us some hair, she may have decided to make it anonymously, understandably after the attention given to the donation made by Harry Styles.?

wannable

QuoteKate cuts her hair for cancer: Duchess donates seven inches of locks to children's charity

THE DUCHESS of Cambridge has come up with a very personal way to support a child cancer charity ? by donating her hair to make wigs for young patients. When her hairdresser Joey Wheeler cut off seven inches from her usual length, Kate asked an aide to collect the locks and send them to a charity, thought to be the Little Princess Trust.

This to me is a confirmation that she dyes her hair with the natural organic "Henna", as been reported in the past 10 years. Mr. Joey Wheeler works for her all time hairdresser Mr. Richard Ward.

TLLK

QuoteShe mentioned it to Joey, who thought it was a brilliant idea.

?It was sent using someone else?s name, so that the trust didn?t know it was from a royal source ? they just thought it was from a female donor in the Kensington area.?

The article stated that the donation was sent in under another name.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Nice gesture, and hopefully will encourage more to do the same. Way more impact than unvieling a plaque.  :thumbsup:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

I'm pretty sure that there are similar charities in Canada @Duch_Luver_4ever. While I believe that most of their donations come from women and girls, I know of men and boys who grow out their hair and donate it. Those I've met say that it would take about two to three years to get it to the necessary length and then they'd cut it all off.  :)

Duch_Luver_4ever

My hair grows fairly slow but my beard grows like crazy @TLLK , maybe I can donate that to some guy with cancer  :lol:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

Little PrincessTrust‏
Verified account
@LPTrustUK

We are absolutely delighted to hear that the Duchess of Cambridge donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust! 🙌💕👑 @kensingtonroyal #DuchessOfCambridge #littleprincesstrust Instagram