Prince Charles lobbying needs urgent investigation

Started by Kritter, December 07, 2017, 10:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Prince Charles lobbying needs urgent investigation: Republic | Republic

QuoteCampaigners have called on MPs and MSPs to investigate the extent and impact of lobbying by Prince Charles, following fresh revelations about his impact on Scottish education policy.

The Guardian newspaper has suggested a direct link between changes in Holyrood policy and pressure brought to bear by Charles.  That change will likely benefit the charity Teach First, of which Charles is a patron.

Prince Charles admits he lobbied Alex Salmond over Teach First | UK news | The Guardian

Duch_Luver_4ever

Not the first time hes stuck his big nose in things, there was the recent carbon credit fiasco with him wanting them to benefit a company whos shares were owned by either himself or the Duchy, I cant recall off the top of my head. It'll only get more common as he creeps closer to the throne....winter is coming  :windsor1:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

I really do hope and pray that when Charles is monarch that he doesn't get the bit between his teeth over something he feels strongly about and starts lobbying ministers in the way he has done at times as POW. It is so wrong, and in a less deferential age he might be told by the PM to cease and desist. If it's a Jeremy Corbyn type person he might not be so polite. Charles isn't a moral arbiter or a supreme judge of all things in his sphere of interest. I can foresee a possible constitutional crisis blowing up in his reign, actually.

Kritter

Diana said Charles would not be good at the constraints of being Monarch. All of his fans went on & on about her having said he would not be a good king, throwing him under the bus etc. etc..

OOOps it appears that he, himself will prove her words to have been true.

:P

SophieChloe

I am *stickying* (is that a word?) this topic because this will not the last time Charles has stuck his nose in and no doubt won't be the last...
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

royalanthropologist

Charles is not an executive. That means that those he lobbies are at liberty to say yes or no. These are just trouble-making shenanighans by the flailing Republics who cannot even muster 30% support after years of malicious anti-monarchy stuff. Charles will be an excellent, engaged and passionate king...not some robot opening and closing events.

I for one I am very glad he is doing more interesting things than cutting ribbons and ostriching about family affairs. Those who are lobbied have raised no complaint. Unless someone is a citizen of the UK or in this case Scotland specifically, it does not affect them one bit.

Besides "Teach First" is a wonderful opportunity for new graduates. Once again Charles is right but his critics will complain nevertheless. It is always the same story. He gets it right and they complain as to why he interfered. That is my kind of monarch, certainly much better than QEII who has done nothing but oversee the decline of Britain.

Plus Alex Salmond (hardly a monarchist) had this to say about the hullabaloo:

"The Duke of Rothesay was well within his rights to suggest a meeting with Teach First. His interest in education and youth employment in Scotland is both well known and well meant and some substantial work has been pursued by his own charities such as the Prince?s Trust and the Scottish Youth Business Trust.?

Maybe it is a case of crying more than the bereaved IMO.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

BBC Radio 4 - Best of Today, Prince Charles on climate change

More of Charles and climate change, wonder if hes trying to work the ol pump and dump on his investments LOL
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Release of Prince Charles documents blocked by SNP Minister ? Royal Circular

QuoteA Scottish National Party Minister has been accused of pervading over a culture of ?evasiveness and secrecy? by blocking the publication of their dealings with The Prince of Wales over Scottish education. John Swinney, the SNP?s Education Minister, sent emails saying he would ?prefer? the material regarding Prince Charles be withheld from a Freedom of Information response about Teach First, an education charity of which Charles is Patron.