Duchess of Cornwall switches to fake fur

Started by Kritter, December 31, 2017, 02:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Duchess of Cornwall switches to fake fur after | Daily Mail Online
The Duchess of Cornwall has secretly switched to wearing fake fur hats after being hit by a barrage of criticism for sporting an ostentatious real fur hat, I can reveal.

The Duchess was roundly berated for the real fur Russian-style hat she wore at the Royal Family?s Sandringham Christmas Day church service in 2010.

Since then, she has bought SIX bespoke fake fur-trimmed hats from upmarket firm Lock & Co ? and was seen proudly wearing one at this year?s Christmas service.

sandy

Both hats are very unattractive. She really has aged!

Kritter

QuoteShe really has aged!

I know she looks older than the Queen. To many cigs, alcohol or both.   :unsure:   Maybe the husband is aging her.

Kritter

Cele|bitchy | Duchess Camilla ?secretly? switched to fake fur after criticism for wearing real fur

QuoteBack in the day, the Duchess of Cornwall was quite sporty, athletic and aristocratic. She was a good horsewoman, and she spent years going out on hunts with the men. I don?t know what her diet consists of now, but I?m sure she spent much of her life as a meat-eating, leather-and-fur-wearing hunter. But because Camilla is getting older, I guess she worries about appearances a bit more these days. She was apparently heavily criticized for wearing some vintage fur pieces several years ago, so now she only wears fake fur.

FanDianaFancy

Personally I am not against fur, hunting, fishing, eating meat, animals used for medical research, etc.
I love all animals and believe in humane ways forhunting for  eating and wearing them and reaserach , etc.
I do not like or support or agree with PETA because it is not what those letters stand for.
What I would like to see, but never see is education and hints for regular to learn pet care....get spaying and neutering...and just do not hav3vpets. Too many people have pets and kids too and cannot Care them.
In Iowa or Illonios, a black lab gave birth to puppies in the hard freeze weather and they died, except for one. Obviously the owners...let me shut about these azzholes before I get banned using very colorful language about them see The Daily Mail.
I think the switch is silly.  So do not wear fur but Camilla. , K, all of them have leather shoes. Leather coats. Leather belts. They , the royals, hunt and fish.

royalanthropologist

It is always amusing when the anti-fur brigade wear leather and eat meat. Typical double standards, a lack of self-awareness and even less humor.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

QuoteWhat I would like to see, but never see is education and hints for regular to learn pet care....get spaying and neutering...and just do not hav3vpets. Too many people have pets and kids too and cannot Care them
:nod: I am in total agreement with you.

amabel

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 07, 2018, 11:08:23 PM
It is always amusing when the anti-fur brigade wear leather and eat meat. Typical double standards, a lack of self-awareness and even less humor.
there is a difference between wearing fur and wearing leather or eating meat.  unless one lives in very cold countries wearing fur isn't a necessity, whereas we need shoes and food...

royalanthropologist

That is true but that is precisely why a good sense of humor is essential. There are grey areas in life and we all engage in what is known as "situational ethics" where we justify the things we like and turn them into needs. I have to say that I actually like the look of fur but ostrich when it comes to thinking about how that fur is made.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Agree, but I admit htat I think tht fake fur looks awful.  and I'm sure a lot of royal furs have been around for a long time, so it is not as if they have been culled from animals in the present. So as they are around, already, one might as well wear them.

royalanthropologist

I know. I dread the day they ban the ermine and mink (if they have not already done so). The State Opening of Parliament will be a little less interesting. I hear William will also no longer use ivory so the family orders will change.