Funding for Landmine campaign

Started by TLLK, December 30, 2017, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Princess Diana campaign to clear landmines from war zones given fund boost | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteThe Department for International Development has vowed to match more than ?200,000 donations given by the British public to the Mine Advisory Group?s Walk Without Fear Christmas appeal, which was the most successful ever held by BBC Radio 4.

The aid cash will double the total to more than ?400,000.

International Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt?s extra cash pledge comes on top of ?100 milllion previously announced over three years at an event supported by the late Princess of Wales? son Prince Harry earlier this year.

It will see the UK extend its de-mining work to save lives in war-ravaged areas of Iraq, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thats brilliant!! While we've been fencing on other threads about some other aspects of her life, im glad to see her charity work will continue, her caring nature about others was one of the many things that made her so lovable to people. :xmas8:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Shouldn't this be in Harry's board since he is the one doing it now?

TLLK

I thought about posting it there @Kritter but considering that it discussed Diana's involvement but made no mention of  her son, that it would be a good fit here. You can post it on Harry's forum if you wish.  :)

Kritter

QuoteInternational Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt?s extra cash pledge comes on top of ?100 milllion previously announced over three years at an event supported by the late Princess of Wales? son Prince Harry earlier this year.

Oh I thought this was a mention of Harry but I guess it was my mistake. Since Diana is not doing the Landmine campaign anymore I thought Harry should get credit for what he has done.   :daisy:

TLLK

Thanks for finding this information. Sorry that I missed it. As I mentioned earlier, by all means please post it in Harry's forum if you wish. :)