Talking to the media

Started by Mike, December 23, 2017, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Harry didn't say Meghan had 'no family'. Quite obviously she has parents. However, she's an only child and as I can arrest by my own experience, marrying into a large and energetic extended family (especially one in a big country house like Sandringham) is great fun, and very different from celebrating Xmas quietly with one parent. He stated that they had great fun racing around with the children, and the family loved having her. There is absolutely no need to dissect everything people you dislike say, making it a negative all the time.

wannable

I'm not a journalist, but the comments of dissension are already out there, and I am not either the ones who gave the thousands of likes agreeing with the comments of MM fans in reference to Harry's comment about MM and family.

I am only sharing what I have read available.

Will her family have a reaction, maybe.

Curryong

You seem to place enormous emphasis on the comments by people in online British newspapers. What about the 63 plus million people in Britain who never comment on those things. You think people in Britain are constantly tut-tutting over their tea cups about what royals say every five minutes?

I was born in Britain, lived there for years and constantly revisited, and Im here to tell you that the vast majority of Britons carry on with their own lives regardless and don't give a damn about what any particular Royal does or says. They don't dissect it on their way to and from work, or at work for that matter, as you apparently think they do.

And for you to quote Meghan fans as you do in your last post is a novelty for you surely, as you can't stand the woman!

wannable

Counter question, why ignore thousands of people who actually take their time in reading and commenting.

Curryong

Because I doubt that even half of the 145,000 or so  who have accounts with the Fail and others are British or even Commonwealth citizens and therefore what they think, feel, comment on with regard to members of the BRF is ultimately irrelevant. The BRF will go on without them, regardless.

wannable

They are commenting just like us.

Business wise the tendency of the comments will make a journalist or columnist carry out a second article or not. That is the way it works.

The tendency is what it is, positive or negative, whatever media site will keep the business running.

In this case, MM fans are defending her and her family side, so we shall see IF the media will write a piece towards that. By means of...expert psychologists, social workers point of view, or direct contact of her family. Please don't get mad at me, I am just expressing business wise what will happen to justify a paycheck.

Curryong

Yes, it's clickbait, and the BRF doesn't operate according to clickbait or the wishes and wants of people on the Fail and other tabloids comments online. If they did then the Queen would have abdicated long ago and all the royals, Cambridges, C and C, Harry, Andy and the rest would have been put out to pasture. Those commenters are not exactly loyal and convinced monarchists, to say the least!

wannable

Maybe.

They may see what a comment reaction of what Harry said may cause in the future, as in this case, is talking to the media.

I think it's good via controlled questions, Harry is great in front of the mic.

Also, KP, CH or BP have reacted to bad press, negative reaction from the combo of article/commentators, TV reporting/people's sentiment in the past. We can make a list...

Curryong

BP reacts to some negative press re articles from professional journalists. The BRF do not react to  comments by anonymous people on online tabloids. If they did they would resign enmasse because, as I said before, the vast mjority of these call them idiots, a waste of space etc and call for a republic.