Author Topic: Camilla is the new patron of the Fullham Palace Trust  (Read 137 times)

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Camilla is the new patron of the Fullham Palace Trust
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:39 AM »
Duchess of Cornwall gains new patronage – Royal Central

It has been announced that Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall has become patron of the Fulham Palace Trust. Mariana Spater, Fulham Palace chairman said: “It is a truly great honour and I am delighted to welcome Her Royal Highness as Patron to Fulham Palace. We look forward to sharing our next phase of restoration and exciting future plans with The Duchess, continuing the long and rich history of the palace.”

The Duchess’s patronage begins as the trust embarks on a major restoration project which will see £3.8 million worth of major improvements to the grounds and rooms of the palace.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    56%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
Re: Camilla is the new patron of the Fullham Palace Trust
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »
Funnily enough I was on a trip there earlier this summer.  It was a very interesting and beautiful place.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    22%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
Things like this are a much better fit for her, charity and engagement wise, than being perceived rightly or wrongly with stepping into a dead woman's shoes with some other choices. Perhaps the Clarence House PR team is getting it together.

I think everyone can get behind the idea that these grand examples of Western history need to be preserved.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    26%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
Camilla will never be a Diana. I don't think she is foolish enough to even try being one. I am actually of the view that there will never be another Diana again. She was a one-off in every sense of the word.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

The following users thanked this post: Duch_Luver_4ever

Offline tiaras

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    2%
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
Perhaps the Clarence House PR team is getting it together.

I wonder if it's the royals attitude or just bad PR execs that make their situation so much worse. Communication from the Cambridge's is usually not that great. I have two theories, one is that they don't take advice from their staff and the second one is that they have hired bad PR people who cannot advise them accordingly.

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    26%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 11:42:39 PM »
Or perhaps the PR people are so frightened of getting sacked that they just tell the royal what they want to hear?
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

The following users thanked this post: tiaras, Duch_Luver_4ever

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    56%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:39:58 AM »
I do think the KP staff tends to be inexperienced and of course younger. That appeals to our trio, but I'm not quite sure that staff coming from varied backgrounds with no knowledge of the demands of Royal life and the best image to portray, is the way to go. Jamie P was great, but there have been some horrendous blunders since his day.

Charles's staff probably suffers from being overworked, the demands of their boss and of course the fact that the media find the younger royals so much more appealing.

It used to be that Royal staff came from a certain strata of society. They came from families that sometimes had served the Monarch for generation after generation as courtiers. They had absorbed protocol with their mothers' milk and seemed to know instinctively how to do things. Of course, sometimes this resulted in stuffiness and it probably wouldn't work with today's multi media. However there should be a balance between rigidity and out and out learning on the job and the people at KP don't seem to have really mastered it.

Online LouisFerdinand

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    64%
    • Favorite royal: King William IV of Great Britain
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 06:29:00 AM »
Fulham Palace from the air   
Fulham Palace from the air - YouTube

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites