Harry to Copenhagen on 10/25-26)

Started by TLLK, September 22, 2017, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 26

Prince Harry will undertake a two day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on the 25th and 26th October.

"KENSINGTON PALACE
PRINCE HARRY WILL VISIT COPENHAGEN
Prince Harry will undertake a two-day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on 25th and 26th October. This visit is at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The two-day programme will focus on the young people of Copenhagen. His Royal Highness is looking forward to spending time with entrepreneurs, young community leaders, and meeting individuals who are using sports for social development.
Prince Harry's first official visit to Denmark will include an audience with Her Majesty The Queen, and an opportunity to meet veterans, including some of the recently returned Danish Invictus Games team. His Royal Highness will also attend a reception hosted by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Denmark.
Full details of this visit will be announced in due course."

Curryong

As well as Harry spending time with wounded ex service personnel, youth, entrepreneurs etc, this (A) might have something to do with the charm offensive following Brexit (I believe Denmark is an associate member of the EU and it agrees with the U.K. on many things.) There could be a meeting at the British ambassadors with a Danish minister or two.

Also (B) BP might have taken to heart various complaints voiced at the time of Queen Fabiola's funeral, King Harald's birthday celebrations etc, that the BRF keeps itself too much aloof from European royals, and that their younger members don't know their opposite numbers. This became blindingly obvious during the London Olympics when William, Kate and Harry didn't know Princes CP and Daniel from a roast turnip, (the only one to greet the pair was Sophie Wessex)  and at an another meeting of dignitaries a couple of years ago Kate and William reputedly asked a European minister who King Felipe of Spain was!

Quite frankly, I think that has been pretty poor. It's part of a royal's education for the job to get to know their contemporaries, in my view. At least part of how that situation came about is probably due to the Queen's shyness and disinclination to attend the celebrations of other royal families as well as Charles keeping away during his years as a divorcee. It shouldn't have happened anyway, I'm becoming convinced, whether there's an age disconnect between the Queen, POW and other sovereigns and heirs or not.

We've seen a few tentative links being formed with Kate being sent to the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Hopefully Harry will meet Queen Daisy and even Frederik and Mary on his brief October trip and William and Kate may go to Sweden or Norway in November.