Diana would have seen Meghan Markle as a 'step forward' for the monarchy

Started by Kritter, January 16, 2018, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

The BRF have needed someone like Meghan for a long time. If they look out of touch & they do people will start wanting to stop paying for them. That is why they are so welcoming because they know they need her.

The respect people have for the Queen will not automatically transfer to her heir because of his many oddities through the years. They also need W&K to stop acting as if they are above everyone. Old World thinking won't work anymore.

royalanthropologist

I have to say that Cardiff trip made a rather alarming contrast to W&K. I know it is early days but H&M seem so fresh, so natural and so engaging when compared to W&K. For example Kate speaks in such contrived notes, you would be forgiven for thinking she was a Duke's daughter who has never stepped outsider the family pile. William is so obsessed with normalcy and privacy that it gets to the point when you wonder at his commitment. Hopefully all four will find a happy medium. Maybe they can play good cop, bad cop.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

Not yet, people still have the GBP 56,000 infamous black dress in their minds. This is the amount crowdfunding is trying to reach for the Windsor Homeless wedding party.

sandy

Who are these "people." The matter seems to have been dropped. And again, the DM said that it was possible the full amount was not paid for the dress.

Royals spend heaps of money it's not as if the others shop at Sears for their clothes. They run up quite a tab.

Trudie

Quote from: TLLK on January 19, 2018, 11:40:25 PM
Yes @Trudie it is wonderful to see that the BRF have welcomed their newest member so warmly.  :)

Sorry Tllk that quote was from royalanthropologist but I agree the family has seemed to welcome her.