Body language expert reveals how Meghan touches her hair in public to stay calm

Started by Kritter, January 13, 2018, 01:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Body language expert reveals why Meghan touches her hair | Daily Mail Online

QuoteWhile you'll never spot the poised Duchess of Cambridge fidgeting, the former Suits star, 36, has been spotted frequently touching her hair during her recent public appearances with Harry.

Now body language expert Elizabeth Kuhnke, a bestselling author on the subject of communication and non-verbal behaviours, has revealed it's a sign of Meghan using a gesture to calm herself under pressure.

'It?s a physical and psychological calming gesture when feeling uncomfortable or stressed,' she told Femail. 'It?s the adult version of a child clutching favourite toy, mother?s skirt or father?s hand when feeling anxious and not knowing what to do or say.'

Oh Kate never touches her hair.   :lmao:  Some of the people like to get their name in the papers to prove how ignorant they really are. Yes she gets nervous dealing with all things royal but she didn't chase it down for a decade.

Curryong

Yes, Kate was always known for being so poised and having no frouble with hair. I remember at least four windy Royal engagements when it was all over her face! And so much for the hair flicking Kate was known for at least four years after the wedding!  :hehe:

wannable

Meghan has probably touched her head more in the past 3 months than her entire actress non touch head career.  Perhaps its different, the actress public figure versus the soon to be public royal figure, the later is dissected to pieces.

Kritter

If one isn't nervous trying to learn the role of the Monarchy then one must have been chasing a Prince down for a decade to get a ring.

Wait that can't be right since Kate did that & she still hasn't learned how to do it right. Well not to worry maybe Meghan will be the one to finally teach her.   :P

wannable

One thing has nothing to do with the other...my point is whilst Meghan was a public figure actress, no one gave a dam in dissecting her, versus the After Harry, the media and the people do, as she's going to be a Princess.  The/Her self awareness mode is full on. 

Kate was not a public figure actress or had any position related to Communications (TV, Radio, Red Carpets and the sort), her nervous tics are natural, hair touching, hold on to the clutch.

They say they do not read the press, but someone does tell them what is published, the dissecting of every single aspect of how they physically look (dress), the facial expression, what they said, etc.  I think Meghan is surprised by the amount of interest, hence the compare and contrast of her past interviews and walk the carpet versus After Harry Engagement she went from Pro to Blushing Bride. 

They are only human.

Kritter

Natural for Kate who has done nothing in her life but insecurity for Meghan who has been doing things from a very young age. How does that even work? It makes no sense.

Meghan is not insecure but Kate sure is. Confidence exudes from Meghan & snobbishness exudes from Kate.

Meghan is just trying to take it all in because she didn't have a decade chasing a Prince to become accustomed to it.

wannable

I do not know what is the point you are trying to make.

I made my point very clear that no matter that Meghan was a public figure in the past, her nervousness shows After Harry. Actress public life versus Soon To be Royal Wife is very different in my view.   Mathematics (again), investigative journalism, I will explain later. Got to go, due diligence at the moment.

Since you opened the thread, and inserted Kate, I also said what I think of her, she was not a public figure, her nervousness is natural, in other words, there is no compare and contrast.  Being the girlfriend during University and dabbling in non public figure jobs, what and how can you compare?

royalanthropologist

Meghan is under intense scrutiny, even worse than when she was a low level actress. Many in the press and public are looking for any mistakes to be gleefully reported as evidence that she does not make the cut. I would totally understand her nervousness. Any coping mechanism that is not overtly rude is just fine. As far as I can tell, flicking hair is not really offensive unless it is overdone.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

^ This, I couldn't have said it better. 

The number of hits an MM in all sorts of videos and reproduced After Harry is astonishing. Before Harry, to the hundreds, After Harry Thousands to reaching 3 million views, intense scrutiny.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 13, 2018, 03:42:21 PM
Meghan is under intense scrutiny, even worse than when she was a low level actress. Many in the press and public are looking for any mistakes to be gleefully reported as evidence that she does not make the cut. I would totally understand her nervousness. Any coping mechanism that is not overtly rude is just fine. As far as I can tell, flicking hair is not really offensive unless it is overdone.
:goodpost:

Excellent point @royalanthropologist. I agree that it is just a normal human reaction to being under intense scrutiny. (Honestly a normal human reaction might be fight or flight when faced with dozens of cameras focused upon you.  :()  I'm sorry that she is going to have to face them much like her future sister-in-law and other royal ladies have in the past.  These types of click bait stories are necessary for the tabloids to stay afloat so expect plenty more in the weeks, months, and years to come for Meghan.