The Parker-Bowles Family News and Chat

Started by TLLK, January 12, 2018, 12:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Camilla Parker Bowles' TV chef son Tom splits with fashion writer wife after 12 years of marriage

QuoteBBC2 MasterChef star and Prince Charles' step son Tom Parker Bowles has split up with his wife and is renting a separate home two miles away from his wife and two kids

Kritter

Camilla Parker Bowles' son Tom splits with his wife | Daily Mail Online

QuoteTom Parker Bowles, who has starred in BBC2's MasterChef: The Professionals, has moved out of the home he shared with Sara Buys, 44, and their two children and is now renting a property two miles away in west London.

Friends said the couple's 12-year marriage had been having problems for 'some time'. 

A source told the Sun: 'They are being very clear the separation is not final and they are not getting divorced.

'There is no one else involved.

'The concern of both Tom and Sara is for the stability and happiness of their children.'

sandy

He looks like his mother.

amabel

I cant' see any resemblance to Camilla, he looks a great deal more like ANdrew PB.....

wannable

I do hope they settle their differences. I see they aren't rushing into things, which is good.  A separation, but not a divorce (yet).

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on January 12, 2018, 01:47:42 PM
I cant' see any resemblance to Camilla, he looks a great deal more like ANdrew PB.....
I agree that he looks more like Andrew @amabel. I also hope that this couple's separation will not be permanent but an opportunity for the couple to work out their differences.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on January 12, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

I see a lot of resemblance to his mother but he has his dad's droopy eyelids.

sara8150

Prince Charles and Camilla are left 'deeply saddened' after her son Tom Parker Bowles' marriage collapses
Prince Charles and Camilla left saddened at Tom's split | Daily Mail Online

sandy

Interesting, no statement from his father Mr Parker Bowles.

amabel

Why should he say antying?  its not a public matter, it is a private matter..

Kritter

Charles & Camilla didn't feel it was a private matter since they spoke of their sadness.

royalanthropologist

Hopefully we won't be getting a blow by blow account in the press. The expression of sadness is standard royal protocol and nothing unusual. I hope Tom and Sarah work things out. At least they have started off well by not engaging in a public slinging match.

Mr. Parker Bowles has always been discreet. That is how they do things in the upper classes. You don't make a fuss, certainly not in the press.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Unlikely.  they're not public figures, and I dotn think there is any great interest if their marriage has broken down.    And I doubt if they are going to engage in any public slanging..  I hope they'll just quietly split up or reconcile.

royalanthropologist

That DM article was full of snides and backhanded compliments. They always do that, go for the lowest common denominator. And the comments are no better. That paper seems to attract quite a bitter bunch but someone told me that many of the negative posters are paid Russian trolls. Don't how true it is, but DM has always been notorious for the harshest coverage possible on any given issue...an house prices.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 13, 2018, 05:09:31 PM
Hopefully we won't be getting a blow by blow account in the press. The expression of sadness is standard royal protocol and nothing unusual. I hope Tom and Sarah work things out. At least they have started off well by not engaging in a public slinging match.

Mr. Parker Bowles has always been discreet. That is how they do things in the upper classes. You don't make a fuss, certainly not in the press.

What does royal protocol have to do with this? last time I checked Tom and Sarah are Parker Bowles commoners not royal.

royalanthropologist

I am challenging the notion that "expressing sadness" effectively turns this into a public circus. It does not. DM and its obsessed cohorts trying to elevate a private matter into some kind of crisis. The article is low quality speculation. I wish Tom and Sarah the best. They have done nothing to deserve this intrusion by the DM nasties.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2018, 03:27:51 PM

Quote from: sandy on January 13, 2018, 08:31:23 PM
I would not generalize how the upper class think or act. There are some decent people among them.

Infidelity is a big deal.

Decency has absolutely nothing to do with fidelity in my view. Some of the most indecent, uncharitable, malignant and judgmental people I have ever encountered are great champions of "fidelity". I would rather have a kind, considerate, well-mannered person who has issues with infidelity than a bitter twisted person that is completely faithful.

ABP and Tryon handled their affairs in the ways that suited them. They are not puritans and certainly not some bitter ex husbands going on about their sad lot.  It is always people who have nothing to do with their affairs that seem so concerned about them.

Trudie

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 14, 2018, 03:24:33 PM
I am challenging the notion that "expressing sadness" effectively turns this into a public circus. It does not. DM and its obsessed cohorts trying to elevate a private matter into some kind of crisis. The article is low quality speculation. I wish Tom and Sarah the best. They have done nothing to deserve this intrusion by the DM nasties.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2018, 03:27:51 PM

Then it should be all right his father Andrew if he wanted to express his sadness over the situation. Royal protocol doesn't apply to Tom and Sara they are commoners going through an experience most commoners go through and their parents don't have to express to all and sundry their sadness this marriage doesn't affect the country. I just hope this is a temporary situation and they can work out their differences.

royalanthropologist

Tom is the son of DOC and stepson of POW. Besides POW is his godfather. They are perfectly entitled to express any feelings they wish because they are close family. APB can also decide to keep quiet if he likes. I dare say all three care far more about Tom and Sarah than any tabloid hack looking for a story. This is just DM nasties trying to make a private issue into a national crisis.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: amabel on January 13, 2018, 04:19:10 PM
Why should he say antying?  its not a public matter, it is a private matter..

Really, if we can agree with you or you think this, really, TPB and his wife are private citizens.
No press statement via a spokesman needed to be released.

You know the Brit gossip press will dig dig dig. :no:  A third party? Like mother, like son.

They should have just separated like regular folks do. :teehee:

Seriously, it is sad.   :thumbsdown:  It is not funny.  :(  Keep it private and out of the press.

So DD of Cornwall issued an official statement, well, the father, APB could have too. :teehee:

If ABP does not , GOOOOOD, because really, no press statement needed to be released by or folks....the typical... usual.. standard bullshyte..
  It is with great sadness that TBP and his. Wife....blah blah blah.haveparted in their marriage at this time. They and their families request privacy during this difficult time blalblah...

While we are at...
M and C Midds needed not to issue a statement about Piptsy then upcoming wedding.

When she gets pregnant, there will, no doubt , be an official statement from the Midds ....gives bitterness.. again.

Who are these people: TPB and wife, Pippop M? Who are they? No one, They ate private citizens. Stay there, for goodness sake.

Lol,

They are  not HRH, ????

No, I do not have a black heart. Why separate ?  There are  young children. Years together married.
Separating, not divorcing so there can be time to get it right.    :nod:Time for each of the two to fix themselves and get help and restart their marriage for their family meaning, young children.

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2018, 01:50:07 AM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 14, 2018, 06:00:27 PM
Tom is the son of DOC and stepson of POW. Besides POW is his godfather. They are perfectly entitled to express any feelings they wish because they are close family. APB can also decide to keep quiet if he likes. I dare say all three care far more about Tom and Sarah than any tabloid hack looking for a story. This is just DM nasties trying to make a private issue into a national crisis.

But Tom nor Popipa are  not HRH...
Truly, to keep the nasty press from diggingdigging, snapping  every track of these two people, I think it would have been refreshing for HRH, D-D of Cornwal not to say anything.  Only my op.
Maybe the media would have not found out about the couple.
  No, it is not because I do not CamillaThe Roweiller and Charles, her charge., lol.
Maybe

Truly, it is sad thing when people spilt up and there are young children involved.
It would be good if the press can leave TPB and his wife alone.

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2018, 01:58:57 AM

Well, Tom is in the the entertainment business so his camp told the presss...

Ehhh.
Sad news either way for those involved in their lives.

Kritter

Camilla Parker Bowles's Children - Who Are Tom Parker Bowles & Laura Lopes?

QuoteThere's no denying that the institution of the British monarchy is steeped in tradition. But Prince Charles's blended branch of "the firm," as it the royal family is sometimes called, is decidedly modern. When the Prince of Wales married Camilla Parker Bowles in 2005, he became the stepfather to two children from her first marriage to Andrew Parker-Bowles, and she became stepmother to Harry and William.

In advance of Prince Harry's nuptials to Meghan Markle, here's everything you need to know about his step-siblings, Lisa Lopes and Tom Parker Bowles.

TLLK

Laura Lopes Gallery Owner.

Laura Lopes

Meet Laura Lopes: Princes William and Harry's Step-Sister You've Never Heard Of | Marie Claire Australia

QuoteLopes is a mother of three (her eldest daughter Eliza was one of Kate Middleton?s bridesmaids) and is a co-founder and director of an art gallery in London, reports Metro.

She is also mum to twin boys, Gus and Louis, who she welcomed in 2009.

dianab

From Waleses war' children I think Laura is the only one who appears turned out okay ... her brother Tom, William and Harry are 3 buffons IMO

TLLK

Sad news for Tom Parker Bowles as his girlfriend of two years has died of cancer.

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Prince Charles's stepson left devastated after the death of his girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Charles?s stepson, Tom Parker Bowles, has been left devastated after the death of his girlfriend at the age of 42.

Camilla?s food writer son Tom had been going out with former journalist Alice Procope for almost two years.

?Tom had been blissfully happy with Alice and is devastated that life can be so cruel,? says a friend of Tom, who separated from his fashion writer wife, Sara Buys, in 2018.

Procope was known as Alice Horton while working as a diary reporter.

TudorQueen

Tragic news. For Tom but most especially her three young children she has left behind  :(

Blue Clover

@TudorQueen  :welcome: to RIF!

This is very sad news, to think she might have been saved if the cancer was spotted earlier. I'm sorry for Tom Parker Bowles.