Author Topic: Tom Parker Bowles and Sarah Buys announce separation  (Read 344 times)

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Tom Parker Bowles and Sarah Buys announce separation
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:58:46 AM »
Camilla Parker Bowles' TV chef son Tom splits with fashion writer wife after 12 years of marriage

BBC2 MasterChef star and Prince Charles' step son Tom Parker Bowles has split up with his wife and is renting a separate home two miles away from his wife and two kids

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Re: Tom Parker Bowles and Sarah Buys announce separation
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »
He looks like his mother.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:23:51 PM by sandy »

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:42 PM »
I cant' see any resemblance to Camilla, he looks a great deal more like ANdrew PB.....

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »
I do hope they settle their differences. I see they aren't rushing into things, which is good.  A separation, but not a divorce (yet).

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
I cant' see any resemblance to Camilla, he looks a great deal more like ANdrew PB.....
I agree that he looks more like Andrew @amabel. I also hope that this couple's separation will not be permanent but an opportunity for the couple to work out their differences.

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 04:30:00 AM »

I see a lot of resemblance to his mother but he has his dad's droopy eyelids.

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    40%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:43:17 AM »
Prince Charles and Camilla are left 'deeply saddened' after her son Tom Parker Bowles' marriage collapses
Prince Charles and Camilla left saddened at Tom's split | Daily Mail Online

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »
Interesting, no statement from his father Mr Parker Bowles.

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 10:19:10 PM »
Why should he say antying?  its not a public matter, it is a private matter..

The following users thanked this post: wannable, TLLK

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 10:49:28 PM »
Charles & Camilla didn't feel it was a private matter since they spoke of their sadness.

The following users thanked this post: sandy, Trudie, FanDianaFancy

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Hopefully we won't be getting a blow by blow account in the press. The expression of sadness is standard royal protocol and nothing unusual. I hope Tom and Sarah work things out. At least they have started off well by not engaging in a public slinging match.

Mr. Parker Bowles has always been discreet. That is how they do things in the upper classes. You don't make a fuss, certainly not in the press.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:14 PM »
Unlikely.  they're not public figures, and I dotn think there is any great interest if their marriage has broken down.    And I doubt if they are going to engage in any public slanging..  I hope they'll just quietly split up or reconcile.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »
That DM article was full of snides and backhanded compliments. They always do that, go for the lowest common denominator. And the comments are no better. That paper seems to attract quite a bitter bunch but someone told me that many of the negative posters are paid Russian trolls. Don't how true it is, but DM has always been notorious for the harshest coverage possible on any given issue...an house prices.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 02:05:08 AM »
Hopefully we won't be getting a blow by blow account in the press. The expression of sadness is standard royal protocol and nothing unusual. I hope Tom and Sarah work things out. At least they have started off well by not engaging in a public slinging match.

Mr. Parker Bowles has always been discreet. That is how they do things in the upper classes. You don't make a fuss, certainly not in the press.

Discreet maybe? Respected no. The man who "laid down his wife for his country." But he got rewarded by Charles for his "being civilized" and is still in royal circles. Tryon was another one who was "discreet."

No that is not how they do things in the upper classes. Not all of them are cheats.

But for his "discretion" Prince Charles takes the "father" role and APB does not get to comment on his sadness.

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 02:22:21 AM »
The upper class has never really cared for "respect" and the word "cheat" does not mean much to them. Upper class marriages were pretty much about breeding and social status. That is why infidelity was no big deal for them.  That is a middle class value. The upper classes pretty much do what they like and shut up about it. It was the middle class that was so bothered by the affair. APB kept his mouth shut and got on with it. Besides, he is no hypocrite to complain about infidelity with his record. It was always the outsiders crying more than the bereaved.

Tryon was sick of his wife's antics and I am sure he despised her desperation in  her disgrace, clinging onto a man that no longer wanted her. Then those silly games of teaming up with Diana.  Tryon is very much welcome to C&C's homes today and the reverse is true. Just like Charles gets on with APB.  Kanga is just a distant, not too happy memory for all concerned. Her own daughter pretty much described her as a narcissistic parent who could not handle being dumped.

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:23 AM »
I would not generalize how the upper class think or act. There are some decent people among them.

Infidelity is a big deal.

This description of the upper class IMO apply more to the 19th century where women were often disrespected and treated as chattel.

Camilla and APB rampantly cheated on each other during their dating years. Neither would have been surprised at the marital relationship they had. Of course Camilla had to suspend sex with Charles so APB could have legitimate heirs.

Tryon condoned and enabled the affair. Why is it always the woman when you talk about "antics?" Charles was Tryon's friend and Tryon agreed to look the other way while Charles had at it with Dale.

Diana befriended Dale. So what?

Of course Tryon is welcomed. Just another sleazy friend of Charles. Her daughter sounds like a piece of work. But she admitted her mother was involved intimately with the Prince of Wales.

Online Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    78%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »

What does royal protocol have to do with this? last time I checked Tom and Sarah are Parker Bowles commoners not royal.

The following users thanked this post: sandy, Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 09:24:33 PM »
I am challenging the notion that "expressing sadness" effectively turns this into a public circus. It does not. DM and its obsessed cohorts trying to elevate a private matter into some kind of crisis. The article is low quality speculation. I wish Tom and Sarah the best. They have done nothing to deserve this intrusion by the DM nasties.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2018, 09:27:51 PM

I would not generalize how the upper class think or act. There are some decent people among them.

Infidelity is a big deal.

Decency has absolutely nothing to do with fidelity in my view. Some of the most indecent, uncharitable, malignant and judgmental people I have ever encountered are great champions of "fidelity". I would rather have a kind, considerate, well-mannered person who has issues with infidelity than a bitter twisted person that is completely faithful.

ABP and Tryon handled their affairs in the ways that suited them. They are not puritans and certainly not some bitter ex husbands going on about their sad lot.  It is always people who have nothing to do with their affairs that seem so concerned about them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:27:51 PM by royalanthropologist »

Online Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    78%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »
I am challenging the notion that "expressing sadness" effectively turns this into a public circus. It does not. DM and its obsessed cohorts trying to elevate a private matter into some kind of crisis. The article is low quality speculation. I wish Tom and Sarah the best. They have done nothing to deserve this intrusion by the DM nasties.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2018, 09:27:51 PM
Then it should be all right his father Andrew if he wanted to express his sadness over the situation. Royal protocol doesn't apply to Tom and Sara they are commoners going through an experience most commoners go through and their parents don't have to express to all and sundry their sadness this marriage doesn't affect the country. I just hope this is a temporary situation and they can work out their differences.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:51:44 PM by Trudie »

The following users thanked this post: sandy, Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 12:00:27 AM »
Tom is the son of DOC and stepson of POW. Besides POW is his godfather. They are perfectly entitled to express any feelings they wish because they are close family. APB can also decide to keep quiet if he likes. I dare say all three care far more about Tom and Sarah than any tabloid hack looking for a story. This is just DM nasties trying to make a private issue into a national crisis.

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 02:02:07 AM »
Im wagering Tom now has a different insight into his parents marital troubles now that hes on the business end of them himself, although from what weve been told may be due to different reasons.

IDK about lord Tryon, but remember APB was known for his prowess in the sheets and had several women, and CPB worked for a long time to get him to marry, so I dont think the common narrative of a chinless fool being helplessly "cucked" is accurate.

I think he was comfortable stepping outside the marriage and was therefore at least able to tolerate, if not approve of his wife doing the same. It was only the public media rebuke of being so outwardly named as the man being cheated on, that prompted the divorce(I think in the est they call it "losing face") as opposed to any deep moral convictions.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 04:06:20 AM »
Neither APB nor Tryon strike me as the uptight types that go on about how their wives cheated on them. In the case of APB, he was doing far worse than that. Tryon was irritated with his wife anyway. The daughter's account paints a narcissistic parent and needy woman who just did not know when the show was up. I rather suspect Kanga's exit was not particularly painful to him and neither was her fall from grace.  I once watched a program about Kanga on television and she really was pathetic in the end, literally running after POW.

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 04:10:48 AM »
How do you know how Lord Tryon "felt" about his wife. He like a good subject allowed Charles to have Quality Time with his wife when they all vacationed together.  I wonder if Tryon and APB would have been so passive if the men who bedded their wives were commoners. They felt "honored" to have the Prince of Wales sleep with their wives. The daughter sounds like a piece of work. Women are dispensable to you anyway.  Dale was sort of a "replacement" for Camilla who was having heirs with APB. Charles threw her away like a dirty tissue. For crying out loud Kanga was Dying. Charles is a cold fish.

Tom is the son of DOC and stepson of POW. Besides POW is his godfather. They are perfectly entitled to express any feelings they wish because they are close family. APB can also decide to keep quiet if he likes. I dare say all three care far more about Tom and Sarah than any tabloid hack looking for a story. This is just DM nasties trying to make a private issue into a national crisis.

How very civilized it was for Camilla to name her lover Tom's godfather. Much like Kanga named one of her children Charles and named her lover his godfather.

IF it's a private issue why did Charles and Camilla leave a public statement.

APB is the forgotten man.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:14:18 AM by sandy »

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy, Kritter

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:50 AM »
Neither APB nor Tryon strike me as the uptight types that go on about how their wives cheated on them. In the case of APB, he was doing far worse than that. Tryon was irritated with his wife anyway. The daughter's account paints a narcissistic parent and needy woman who just did not know when the show was up. I rather suspect Kanga's exit was not particularly painful to him and neither was her fall from grace.  I once watched a program about Kanga on television and she really was pathetic in the end, literally running after POW.

While I do agree with youre assertion about Lord Tryon and even Kangas need for self promotion, to call her pathetic is a bit harsh, she had to relearn to walk three times, fell/pushed? out of a window with a broken back, was wheelchair bound and had cancer. Its no wonder she had some mental issues after all that, I think she was allowed a misstep or two, and Charles could have at least seen her a time or two.

I always felt bad that the timing of her death and other factors led to her passing being so poorly attended, even if it had been covered more, the country was all grieved out after Diana. Maybe its the whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing, but ive always felt bad for Kanga. Like Diana, she was playing a game she didnt fully understand and the price for it was high for her.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Online sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:15 AM »
The documentary about Lady Tryon is heart breaking. It's on YouTube.

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy, Duch_Luver_4ever

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites