Queen's bra fitter Rigby & Peller LOSES royal warrant after founder reveals ALL

Started by Kritter, January 11, 2018, 11:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Queen Elizabeth news: Royal bra fitter Rigby & Peller stripped of royal warrant | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteThe upmarket underwear firm lost the coveted honour after the woman who turned the company into one of the leading bra and knicker retailers in the world wrote a tell-all book about her professional life, giving details of her royal fittings.

June Kenton, 82, remained on the board of Rigby & Peller and continued to fit bras for the Queen at Buckingham Palace, even after her majority stake in the company was sold to the Belgian lingerie company Van de Velde in 2011.

But it emerged yesterday that Mrs Kenton?s long working relationship with the 91-year-old monarch ended shortly after she published her autobiography, entitled Storm in a D Cup, in March last year. Mrs Kenton, who with her husband Harold bought Rigby & Peller for ?20,000 in 1982, sold a majority stake in it for ?8million in 2011.

:o    :wacko:

royalanthropologist

That woman Mrs. Kenton is some piece of work. She sold the company at an inflated price because of its royal warrant and then used her interviews to ensure that it would go burst when the warranty was subsequently taken away. I think she is not a very nice person. I hope the queen can see that it is not the company staff who betrayed her but one particular person. A lot of people are at risk of losing their jobs because of this unpleasant woman.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

I would think the buyers of the company would have some kind of legal recourse against the author as shes torpedo'd the brand value. It would be like if I sold you a biscuit and then licked it...
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever  EEEWWW that was an image I would rather not have in my head but it is an excellent example. :lol:

Duch_Luver_4ever

If it helps just think of the times they fitted Diana for undies and bathing suits LOL  :brightside: Oh wait, I just realized it was the biscuit thing and not HM getting fitted that was the EWWWW LOL.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Queen Elizabeth's Bra Fitter Lost Their Royal Warrant | PEOPLE.com

QuoteKenton, who remains on the board of the brand after it was sold to Belgian company Van de Velde in 2011, issued a response to the news detailing her sadness at the loss of the warrant.

?I never thought when I was writing the book that it would upset anyone,? she said. ?I?ve had the royal warrant for so long, I never imagined that this would happen. It?s horrible and a real shock.?

Rigby & Peller, which has over 30 stores in Europe and Asia, also issued a statement: ?Rigby & Peller is deeply saddened by this decision and is not able to elaborate further on the cancellation out of respect for Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Warrant Holders Association.?

They should have helped Camilla with her problem of badly fitting under garments.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Now in another article, shes crying ignorance over the whole thing, damn bloody idiot and I hope the company sues her for all the profits, shes sunk the brand now for the new company owners....