CALM visit 01/10 Duke of Cambridge

Started by wannable, January 10, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

That exchange sounds like an attempt at one of his extremely weak jokes by William to me. He got out of answering directly because technically Royal males don't have best men, just supporters, almost always their brothers if they have any.

wannable

According to journalist accounts, the Duke arrived at the CALM charity and broke ice with the joke his brother has not asked him yet, then he did speak about male suicide and what He does, and his closeness to Harry. 

So far the most complete report of his visit today and what William said about CALM and what He personally has done in his life after the devastating death of him mother, is the Daily Mail, which is the 3rd link I placed in the initial thread.
William reveals Harry hasn't asked him to be best man | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 10, 2018, 10:34:02 PM
That exchange sounds like an attempt at one of his extremely weak jokes by William to me. He got out of answering directly because technically Royal males don't have best men, just supporters, almost always their brothers if they have any.
Also I highly doubt that William is going to give away any unknown details about the wedding. That's the job of KP or the choice of bride and groom to share any of this type of information.

Kritter

William has no sense of humor.    :jester:

wannable

^^Yes, I believe they are still in the initial period of preparing the wedding.  I doubt William will do a estranged Markle family members by spoiling any detail.

I liked the joke, the people in the video all laughed, ice was broken, conversation flowed to the delicate subject of male suicide.

Kritter

^ A joke to lead into Suicide discussion.   :eyes:

wannable

Read the article (you didn't read it, if you would have, you would know)....the subject was Best Man.  Then they asked him what does he recommend so Men can speak up about their issues.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on January 10, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
^^Yes, I believe they are still in the initial period of preparing the wedding.  I doubt William will do a estranged Markle family members by spoiling any detail.

I liked the joke, the people in the video all laughed, ice was broken, conversation flowed to the delicate subject of male suicide.
I noticed the same in the video @wannable. Had the the other participants not enjoyed it, they're not required to laugh. :shrug:

Kritter

Everyone is required to laugh when William makes one of his stupid thoughtless jokes.

amabel

He is not going to answer questions like tht directly.  I would say "he hasn't asked me yet" is a fair way of putting off questions.

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

Thank you @theCALMzone & volunteers for sharing your stories.

You can find out more about the #BestManProject and how get support here: Home - Campaign Against Living Miserably | CALM, the campaign against living miserably, is a charity dedicated to preventing male suicide, the biggest