James, Viscount Severn is 10

Started by LouisFerdinand, December 18, 2017, 08:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Happy Birthday to James, Viscount Severn! He is ten. 
Happy 10th Birthday to Queen Elizabeth Youngest Grandchild, James, Viscount Severn - YouTube   
:happy18: :happy18: :happy18: :happy18: :bdaycake: :bday7: :xmas16:

Kritter

It is wonderful that Sophie & Edward have shared their Son with the public from birth to date.   :blowkiss:

:bday7:    :xmas18:

amabel

Have they?  I thought that for various reasons, there were very few pictures of the children. I wouldn't recognise them...

Kritter

The video shows him growing from hospital to present. Not a lot of formal photos but more spontaneous & IMO that is better.     :scuba:

amabel

Ah, so much more information than is required....

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on December 19, 2017, 10:42:24 AM
Have they?  I thought that for various reasons, there were very few pictures of the children. I wouldn't recognise them...
I agree @amabel. I don't really recall them sharing photos of the children or bringing them to royal events for years. They seemed to be more comfortable with the idea of having them in the public eye when Louise was older and after her eye operation. (Considering the ugly comments that come with social media, I can't say that I blame them.) AFAIK Both Louise and James were older than most of the children/grandchildren when they first started making balcony appearances too.

Kritter

I guess I am the only one that watched the video.    :huh2:

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on December 19, 2017, 03:25:36 PM
I agree @amabel. I don't really recall them sharing photos of the children or bringing them to royal events for years. They seemed to be more comfortable with the idea of having them in the public eye when Louise was older and after her eye operation. (Considering the ugly comments that come with social media, I can't say that I blame them.) AFAIK Both Louise and James were older than most of the children/grandchildren when they first started making balcony appearances too.
Yes so I'm surprised at this video.  Don't think the kids will be needed for working.... and IMO they should have stuck to the original policy of keeping them out of the public eye. 

TLLK

@amabel-Considering Louise's traumatic premature birth, her eye issue, the corrective surgeries,  and Jame's health issues as an infant, I can understand why they have chosen to keep the children out of the public view for much of their childhood.

However when Louise was asked to be a bridesmaid in her cousin William's  wedding in 2011, I have sensed that the Wessex family are more comfortable with the children being in the public view. :) :xmas19:

Kritter

This is a thread to wish James Happy Birthday.    :bday5:

TLLK

Yes it is @Kritter. Happy Birthday James!! Welcome to two digits! :xmas21:

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Kritter on December 19, 2017, 03:28:49 PM
I guess I am the only one that watched the video.    :huh2:
I posted the video. I watched the video.   :xmas17: :xmas17:

Kritter

^ I know you did. I was talking about the posters that disagreed with seeing James through the years.    :random44: