Happy to be a Regular Participant Again

Started by Blue Clover, June 28, 2018, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Hello Everyone!

I was on the board regularly until 3.5 years ago. Wow! I know that seems like a lifetime ago. I left because I got a very demanding job plus I'm a mother of an 11 year-old and so I had zero time for fun activities like participating in royal discussions.  :no:

Well, I'm off for the next two months on medical leave - its nothing serious. The buildings I worked in are full of mold and my doctor ordered me out of the buildings for medical reasons, the mold was causing serious health problems for me. I'm also looking for and hope to find a less demanding job that leaves me with more time to do the things I love. Like dish on royals.  :teehee:

I'm back and I'm happy to be a regular participant again! There is so much royal news to discuss and I'm looking forward to discussing it with all of you. :crazylove:  :partaay: :friends:

Curryong

That's wonderful, Blue Clover, though I'm sorry to hear of your problems with mould. I hope it's being fixed in the buildings. Here's to great discussions and debate on all things Royal!

Blue Clover

@Curryong Thank you! Yes, the mold situation is unfortunate and they are not going to put anymore money into treating the mold because the buildings are really old but this situation has turned into a happy and much needed break for me and my family. I think some things come in disguise but turn out to be wonderful gifts. :nod:  I really missed all aspects of the royal discussion world! Cheers! :partaay:

Curryong

I find that surprising, actually. Employers have a duty of care to their employees and you would think health and safety regulations (and the possibility of being sued, not that I'm saying you would) would compel them or the owners of the buildings to do something about this problem.

Blue Clover

They brought in all the required mold experts and they say that they met their legal obligations. However, a few of us are still suffering the symptoms. I really think its a real kick in the pants/motivator for me to move on, the job wasn't the best fit for me and my family. So I think I just need to move forward and find an employer who cares about the health and safety of their employees on all levels. Wish me luck in finding something else while I'm out on leave!  :yesss:

TLLK

Glad to see you back again @Blue Clover , sorry that you are dealing with the mold issues.

Blue Clover

Thanks @TLLK! Its great to be back!  :crazylove: :crazylove: