Author Topic: Tiaras from around the World  (Read 17219 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Re: Tiaras from around the World
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »
Thanks those are wonderful.   :xmas21:

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2017, 10:00:13 PM »
^^^ They are very lovely. IHMO the Swedish royal ladies are the experts when it comes to tiaras and hairstyles. Silvia has been very generous in sharing the tiaras with her daughters, sisters-in-law and daughter-in-law.

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2017, 04:59:40 AM »

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2017, 05:58:58 AM »
It's a bit sad that the Fife, due to death taxes, will probably end up in the V&A or somewhere similar, but after all, who wears tiaras more than a couple of times in a lifetime nowadays.

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2017, 02:08:33 PM »
I always consider the Fife Tiara to be one of the most beautiful ones in the royal collection. Sad that nobody is actually going to wear it again...a true waste since it has now become nothing more than a museum piece. These distant relatives often turn it to their offspring who can't pay the humongous death duties and then it disappears. That is why I think that all royal jewels should strictly remain in the hands of the monarch so that they can be preserved for the nation. They should only be used on a loan basis and not actually given away.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »
I always consider the Fife Tiara to be one of the most beautiful ones in the royal collection. Sad that nobody is actually going to wear it again...a true waste since it has now become nothing more than a museum piece. These distant relatives often turn it to their offspring who can't pay the humongous death duties and then it disappears. That is why I think that all royal jewels should strictly remain in the hands of the monarch so that they can be preserved for the nation. They should only be used on a loan basis and not actually given away.

Yes, I agree. Too many have gone however, and of course in the late 19th century when that tiara was commissioned there was no thought of great estates being broken up, horrendous death duties or the aristocratic elites losing their prestige. Queen Victoria and the Duke of Fife probably imagined tiara Society events for the family for ever.

However by Princess Margaret's maturity the writing was well and truly on the wall. The BRF must have known that much of Margaret's historic and significant personal jewellery would undoubtedly be sold to pay for death duties on her estate. She had some magnificent pieces and it's a great shame that she didn't (a) sort her finances out with BRF lawyers in the form of trust funds for her children etc and (b) the two sisters organise a Foundation set up for BRF Royal jewellery while the Queen Mother was still alive.

It's ridiculous the way private Royal jewels are organised in the BRF. Very little sharing, (the Queen holds on to the piles of stuff in the vaults as if her life depends on it) and anything that Anne and Sophie have will no doubt go the way of the Fife in another couple of generations. Look to the Netherlands and to Sweden and their Foundations  HM and do something before it's too late!

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »
I know. There is a part of the queen that I find puzzling...very stingy with jewels. Maybe she fears they will get "contaminated" by outsiders but even with Anne she really gets very little. The queen just locks it up and picks a few favorite pieces to wear. There are beautiful young princesses coming up and this should be the time for sharing. You never know, it might even break the ice to have a girly chat about jewels.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2017, 03:47:58 PM »
Maybe the queen doesn't regard jewels or jewel wearing as very important.  And she's hanging onto the jewels because they are a resource.....

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
Perhaps...but I still feel these jewels are best enjoyed when they are worn by members of the family on great occasions rather than being stored away in vaults.

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2017, 04:03:58 PM »
The queen isn't a jewel wearing person and I would say think that except on a few special occasions, jewellery isn't that important. Anyway I think it is wasted on Kate, she's so bland, that nothing looks particularly good on her. 

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »
She may not regard Jewel wearing as very important amabel, and I'm sure as a horsey countrywoman it's not on top of her list of priorities. However, she is seen with three strings of Indian pearls around her neck on many occasions, when she is out performing engagements she wears brooches worth a King's ransom on her coats and when she receives ambassadors, Governors etc at BP there is usually a brooch with sapphire and/or diamonds as big as thumbnails pinned on her dress.

It's just that the contrast between the Queen and other females in the BRF and people like Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands who shared clothing and all the jewellery in the family vaults with her sisters, daughters in law from the beginning, is stark.

The same generosity (including clothing) is seen with Queen Silvia of Sweden and her daughters and daughter in law. The jewellery is secured in a Foundation so that nothing will ultimately go out of the family and I'm sure their royal families regard the jewels within as assets. That doesn't prevent sharing.

Instead in Britain there is a monarch who regards her jewellery as sacrosanct. There are pieces that haven't seen the light of day since Queen Mary died, others since before the war. She seems to have never considered a Foundation for the family jewels and yet she hoards the stuff like a miser his gold. Every now and then she hands over a tiara, a necklace or a bracelet, but it's always on her terms.

Having a Foundation won't erode assets, sharing doesn't mean things won't be returned to the vaults afterwards. It's just very strange behaviour and it's not due to her age. She's always been like it. It was the QM who left some jewels to Margaret and some to Charles.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2017, 11:37:38 PM »
I know I am going to get criticized for this but here we go with regards to queen's strange attitude to jewels: Someone reported that after Diana died, the queen was anxious to know where the jewels were. It seemed to be a very, very strange thing to say despite all the fall outs before. If someone was in intensive care or dead; jewelry would be the last thing on my mind. I always thought that quite disturbing.

Even the tiaras she gives for weddings are the tiniest ones and you think "you have this gorgeous girl getting married and you are still clutching onto jewels without wearing them?". I am not saying she clears the vault but just sharing with people in the family rather than keeping the jewels hidden. PM was her own sister but queen was still stingy. Even with Anne she is stingy. Camilla only gets the big pieces because she knows Charles would throw a tantrum otherwise.

The following users thanked this post: Duch_Luver_4ever

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
I honestly don't know why the queen would have said that about Diana, so I don't know if it is true.  Diana wasn't likely to have any "royal" jewels on a holiday, was she?
perhaps she feelt that Camilla can pull of hte "big jewels" look beter than other royal women and also is wife to the heir...
. I certianly think they are wasted on Kate.. adn Anne's not exaclty a fancy dresser.

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: King William IV of Great Britain
« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2017, 04:16:20 AM »

@royalanthropologist, Excellent statements. If the Fife Tiara had gone to Queen Elizabeth II, than it could have been loaned to different princesses.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2018, 02:17:18 AM »
The Forget-Me-Not Loop Tiara was a wedding present from her parents when Princess Margaret of Connaught married Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden in 1905.   
The Forget-Me-Not Loop (or Connaught) Tiara: This tiara was brought into Sweden by Princess Margaret of Connaught when she married the future King ? |

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2018, 03:15:13 AM »

The following users thanked this post: LouisFerdinand

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2018, 04:39:38 AM »
HeavenLM
‏ @HeavenQRF

I?m really bad at jewellery but did Mary modify her tiara again ? It looks bigger than last year @orderofsplendor
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSeuM8rXkAESeui.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSeuM8sXUAAFtk8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSeuM8sXUAElBGE.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSeuM8qW0Ac0AdJ.jpg

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2018, 06:21:46 AM »
Bulgarian Royal Tiaras | The Royal Watcher

Happy Birthday to Tsaritsa (Queen) Margarita of Bulgaria, who turns 82 today. To celebrate her birthday, we will take a look at the tiaras worn by Tsaritsa Margarita.

Double post auto-merged: January 06, 2018, 03:55:14 PM

Queen Mother?s Tiaras | The Royal Watcher
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:55:17 PM by Kritter »

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
Not really a fan of the Countess of Paris's Sapphire Tiara.    :P

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2018, 03:25:28 AM »
Princess Mary of Great Britain, Countess of Harewood's Harewood Diamond Tiara   
Tiara Mania: Princess Mary of the United Kingdom's Harewood Diamond Tiara

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2018, 03:27:35 AM »
Palffy is a Hungarian noble family.   
The Diamond Palffy Tiara   
The Palffy Diamond Tiara