Main Menu

How did you find us?

Started by Windsor, December 27, 2012, 05:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Something that always comes to find is this: How do members find us? I mean, do they mostly come through a search on Google? A link found on Twitter? A Facebook post? or by being referred here by someone?

Now, not all users are registered members, so I am allowing guest to vote on this poll.  :thumbsup: :hug:

Lothwen

I typed in "Prince William Gossip" in Google about 10 years ago
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Windsor

Amazing how time flies, eh?  :blank: :teehee:

cinrit

I think I just googled something like "royalty discussion forums" or something.  It was a little over two years ago, a week or so before the engagement announcement.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

10 years and about 40lbs ago....:Lothwen:
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Trudie

One of my friends who was a former poster about 5 or 6 years ago. :thumbsup:

Jenee

Google, or some other search engine... also almost 10 years ago!! Long before we had a Twitter and Facebook pages! ;)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

DaFluffs

I Googled 'Pippa Middleton' back in October 2012....

Now isn't that funny???  She's NOT royal but she brought me right to You!!!

georgiana996

prince harry led me here ,not literally but through some picture link... only 7 months ago ... :happy17: :happy17:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

missbliss

I found it through Google sometime in 2011.  I looked at some other forums as well, but this seemed the fairest - including those who were critical and also those who were favorable towards the royals.  And somehow all posters got along, which was refreshing!

WOW

I found this site back in 2004 by googling Prince William's girlfriend :lol:

chavita

Found this forum by googling everything about Harry :P 8 years ago, long before Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Harryite #0009

HereditaryPrincess

I found Royal Insight through the forum's Wikipedia page a month ago, and decided to sign up yesterday!  :computer:

Jenee

Welcome to the forum!
Just out if curiosity, how did you stumble upon our wiki page? Seems kind of random!

WOW

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on January 20, 2013, 09:13:29 PM
I found Royal Insight through the forum's Wikipedia page a month ago, and decided to sign up yesterday!  :computer:

Welcome!!!

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Jenee on January 21, 2013, 12:08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Just out if curiosity, how did you stumble upon our wiki page? Seems kind of random!

It is random, isn't it?   :teehee:

I'm a member on Wikipedia and typed in 'Categories:Internet Forums' and Royal Insight came up, thought the forum sounded interesting, so I clicked on the link!

Jenee

Cool... And random :lol:  So are you one of those people that checks and edits wiki pages?

Windsor

I check and edit pages too, though I must confess that I have not been doing this for the past year or so. :no: :shrug:

cinrit

Can't anyone edit Wikipedia pages?  I've made corrections on a few of them, myself. 

Cindy

chavita

True, I always see the edit button but never click it :P

This reminds me of a quote by Michael from The Office

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."

:laugh10:
Harryite #0009

cinrit

Yeah. :lol:  There used to be a team of fact-checkers to make sure the articles were accurate, but I don't know that they still exist.  Wikipedia has been asking for donations to keep it going for a couple of years now.  The requests pop up every few months, though I haven't seen them lately.  I only changed some typos, and I changed an incorrect date on Anne Boleyn's page once.  Oh, and a friend asked me to link his name to an album that he worked on a couple of years ago.  You don't even have to register to make the changes, but I eventually did.

Cindy

chavita

Harryite #0009

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Jenee on January 22, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
Cool... And random :lol:  So are you one of those people that checks and edits wiki pages?

Yes, but I'm not a very active member.

Cinrit: You're right, everyone can edit Wikipedia pages, I'm like you, I mainly correct mistakes. Although I have created an article and uploaded an image. I have also expanded a couple of pages too!

cinrit

Very cool, HereditaryPrincess.  Were they royalty-related articles?

Cindy

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: cinrit on January 22, 2013, 06:47:04 PM
Very cool, HereditaryPrincess.  Were they royalty-related articles?

Cindy

Yes, they were royalty related. The page I created was about Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon- Two Sicilies (the Duke and Duchess of Castro's eldest daughter). I also edited Lady Louise's article, Princess Helena of the United Kingdom's article and Margarita Armstrong-Jones's article.  :computer: