Official Portraits, casual photos and videos of QEII/DoE and family

Started by Windsor, February 04, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Thanks to the National Portrait Gallery.

marysaifelden

my queen official portrait in watercolour,

[attachment deleted by admin]

marine2109

QuoteOver 200,000 children's portraits are projected on to the front of Buckingham Palace
London, England - 19.04.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

marine2109

QuoteLike mother, like daughter: The Queen shows growing resemblance to her mother in new portrait to mark diamond jubilee

The Queen shows growing resemblance to her mother in new portrait to mark jubilee | Mail Online

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteWith her twinkling eyes and beaming smile, it is hard to believe Her Majesty will mark her 88th birthday tomorrow.
This portrait of the Queen, taken by celebrated British photographer David Bailey CBE, was released today ahead of the occasion.
It shows the monarch smiling at the camera - while donning a pearl necklace, earrings and a brooch.

The Queen photograph by David Bailey marks her 88th birthday | Mail Online

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Me too! She looks great, she must really trust this person, that is quite an unreserved and genuine smile!  :happy:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

David Bailey goes way back, to the Sixties at least.  He's considered one of the best photographers, so I'm trying to remember if he's ever photographed the Queen before.  I'm not sure.....

David Bailey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

I like it too. Though I have to say I've always liked the one Andrew took of her in the 1980's the best.

TLLK

^^^Hadn't realized that HM would compete in this event as I'd always associated it with Phillip.

TLLK

If she likes his work this could lead to him photographing her for a portrait in the future.

Curryong

^ Annigoni's 1956 portrait of Queen Elizabeth in her Garter robes was greatly admired at the time and established a high standard for those coming after. Wonder, by contrast, whether Rolf Harris's picture has been hung in a downstairs loo!

How many portraits were there painted of Victoria in her reign, I wonder? Not too many between the death of the Prince Consort and her Golden Jubilee in 1887, I suspect, as she was hiding away. There are probably many more thousand photos of the present Queen than there were taken of her ancestor, of course, but Victoria obviously didn't mind posing for the camera with family members.

Curryong

^Her handbags are the Queen's most Royal accessory, not headscarves, those handbags she carries everywhere and nobody knows what they contain! Specs, a hankie, cough drops...

cate1949