Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on April 21, 2014, 10:43:59 PM
QuoteWith her rosy cheeks, bronzed skin, gorgeous defined brows and expertly applied eye make-up, the Duchess of Cambridge never fails to look flawless.
And despite a legion of 'copy-Kates' best efforts to discover what gives her that famous glow, the Duchess of Cambridge's beauty essentials have been kept under wraps. Until now.
FEMAIL can reveal exactly what's inside Kate's make-up bag and the brains behind her favourite products share their tips for getting the royal's look at home.

Get the Duchess of Cambridge look: Inside Kate's make-up bag | Mail Online

My personal opinion?  Kate is prettier than her make-up.  She wears far too much of it, and it doesn't flatter her. Her make-up is very harsh, and it makes her look a lot older than she is.

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

I agree, her makeup is aging and she is a very pretty girl.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sara8150

Royal Tour Fashion Recap: Kate Wears Something Old and Something Kinda New
Kate Middleton Australia Tour 2014, Kate Middleton Uluru Dresses ? Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Roksanda Ilincic
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Roksanda Ilincic

AyVey

I think she will look horrible without makeup because she have really bad skin due to years of sun tan and general lack of skincare. She should however hire a professional make up artist who can do good makeup on her because now she simply apply make like  clown.

Her lack of imagination really astonishes me. She literally wears the came dresses in different color. She have 1 of the most boring,bland and safe choices in clothes among all royal princesses. Most of her looks cost a fortune, are not fitted properly and more often then not look same to me, just different in color. With her resources and time, she should wow us every single time but all she does is bore me.

I also don't understand those hairs, they make her look unprofessional and untidy and not at all put together. Her hairs looks ridiculous most of the time and choices are boring. Seriously she must be the most bland and boring royal women in current time.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

Lothwen

I don't think any of us would expect her to go without make-up entirely.  There were reports that she had eczema as a child, and that can leave scars.  Plus she could just be self-conscious without make-up.

But if you Google older pictures of her, from when she and William first started dating, she didn't wear as much make-up as she does now, and what she did wear flattered her features very much. 

The problem is, she's applying her make-up for the cameras, as though she's on stage.  The issue with that is, when you're onstage (literally), you have heavy lights all around you, and your face needs to be seen by the people at the back of the theater.  It's completely different than having a photographer in the middle of the day taking an  up close picture of your face with a wide-range lens. 
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Yikes, this new McQueen has a very deep v-neck. I might be old-fashioned, but I'd call it too low cut.

Especially when bending over:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl3sMk3CcAEHg1K.jpg

Uh-oh:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl3tWzICMAAqJvM.png
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

If she were bustier, I'd agree with you, but because she's fairly flat chested it looks okay.  Of course, I haven't seen any close-ups, so I could be changing my tune.

Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

^^Eh, I think it just doesn't look appropriate. Then again, Kate must think otherwise (remember the dress she wore when she first met the queen? Sheer v-neck to her navel!)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

AyVey

I think it's inappropriate too but that's what you get from Kate the serial flasher. If it's not her legs then it's cleavage. But she will get away with it because she is small bust wise.

I hate Sarah Burton, she has completely ruined McQueen. It's so 1950's housewife with no imagination and such bland colors. Her bra lines and collar bones are so clearly visible from the back, does she not aware of slips?!

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

Lady Adams

AyVey

Thank you!

Just saw clear pictures, it's really deep neck and her bra lines are clearly visible plus cone boobs. Such a tacky look and I'm sure it cost a fortune. How can Sarah Burton call these clothes designer and let alone McQueen. IMO she is a very bad representative of British fashion, she makes british fashion look so old, bland and boring.

PrincessOfPeace

Quotet's an awkward reality of royal reporting that we're also in the fashion business. To be perfectly frank I've no expertise nor credibility in this area but I do what I can by forwarding on any details I get from the palace. I also lean heavily on those who know what they're talking about.

I'm certainly not dismissive. The "Kate effect" is a widely accepted phenomenon in the fashion business. The Duchess of Cambridge isn't known for high fashion; in fact she often wears high-street outfits that might even be -- gasp! -- out of season. But, when they're available, they'll sell out within hours of her wearing them, guaranteed.

...Central to this phenomenon is an intrepid troupe of digital fashion scouts who identify and source Kate's outfits within minutes of them appearing in public. Chief scout would be Susan Kelley, best known by her Twitter handle: @WhatKateWore.
More: The 'Kate Effect': Australia feels the royal force of fashion - CNN.com

AyVey

Most of her clothes that sell out are of last season i.e. not available and the rest are of very less quantity. So many designers have come forward and officially said it that they don't experience any Kate Effect, indeed Kim Kardashian have more impact on their brands sale numbers then Kate. I'll post link to those article later on.....

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2014, 05:38:23 AM

It's so sad and pathetic that all we can talk about Kate is her clothes or her son 3 years into royal marriage and nothing about her causes or charities or anything else really. She really is a royal clothes horse and royal incubator. So much potential just wasted.

Lothwen

^Agreed.

She has been presented as nothing more than an attractive mannequin, whose only function is to smile and look pretty.  She's not Diana (although, in fairness, Diana wasn't really Diana until her marriage was over), or Rania.  She's not going to take on controversial charities like AIDS patients and landmines, or speak out in favor of educating young women in a male-dominated society.

She's going to stick with her "safe" charities and engagements, wear something inoffensive and unremarkable, smile and make small-talk, and for some reason, there are people out there who think that this makes her a "real Princess."

Harryite 12-005

AyVey

I agree too and not only she will do as little and safe re her charities, she will also visit them as minimum as she possibly can unless of course they throw her a gala dinner like National Portrait Gallery, the only charity she has visited maximum no of time and all there events include a party or a gala dinner.

Having said that I'm not sure how she'll be able to keep this p. Once her looks fade away, she'll come off really boring and unremarkable IMO.

cinrit

I may be in the minority, but I think her makeup is just fine, and her complexion as well.  Her skin isn't like marble, but few people have skin like that.  On the other hand, she doesn't have big zits or bumps or pits on her face.  As for the V-necked dress, I don't see it as a biggie.  It doesn't show anything, she doesn't even have cleavage.  There was a great hue and cry only a year or so ago for her to be more adventurous in her clothing, and now that she is (even though it's just a V-necked dress), she's criticized for it. :shrug:

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

QuoteIs Liz Kate Middleton's Fashion Icon? Duchess Adopts the Queen's Style for Royal Tour

Kate Middleton seems to have brought a new lease of life to the Royal Family but when it comes to fashion she's taken a masterclass in power dressing from a women in the know - HM The Queen.

She's regarded as one of the most stylish women in the world, while her power to sell clothes has its own name - The Kate Effect.  But, it seems Kate Middleton has a fashion inspiration of her own: The Queen.

Elizabeth II has long been regarded as a style icon, with her love of colour, well-cut coats, flattering hats and classic accessories such as her trusty Launer handbag.

The Duchess, 32, has been seen in a assortment of brightly coloured ensembles on her royal tour, which some have dubbed as bold and daring.

More: Queen is Kate Middleton's fashion icon: Duchess adopts Her Majesty's style for royal tour | Style | Life & Style | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady Adams

I rest my case on the v-neck...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0b94e04ca6a8bfb53f6ea4db4aa28218/tumblr_n4gwmjwcF41r0e0igo7_400.jpg

It's not professional or appropriate for children to get an eyeful of your cleavage.  :shrug:

cinrit

I wouldn't exactly call that "cleavage". :P   And it's less than a child would see in a bathing suit.

Cindy

Lady Adams

^ Maybe I'm just super-modest, Cindy  :P But I wouldn't wear something that low cut to work. I prefer only I see certain parts of me!

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on April 23, 2014, 12:37:50 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that "cleavage". :P   And it's less than a child would see in a bathing suit.

Cindy
Someone did reference her and Baywatch.  :lol:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

^^ No, she'd never be hired for Baywatch, unless it were for her running-in-the-sand skills. :lol:

QuotePretty in Pink Kate Picks Her Favourite Designer for Third Time During Tour Down Under

It was the label she picked for one of the biggest days of her life.  And so when the Duchess of Cambridge needed some showstopping outfits for her tour of New Zealand and Australia, she knew just what to choose.

Stepping off a plane into the Adelaide sunshine today, Kate was once again wearing an Alexander McQueen outfit, this time in blush pink. It is the third time she has worn the label on this tour.

The latest ensemble was in light-weight wool and featured a low-cut plunge neckline, three-quarter length sleeves and a pleated knee length skirt.

Kate, 32,  wore simple delicate jewelry, including large pink pearl earnings and a matching necklace on a delicate chain, with her favourite nude heels topping off the entire outfit.

More: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge wears Alexander McQueen blush pink dress during Australian tour | Mail Online

Cindy

Orchid

I really like the McQueen dusky pink outfit and it suits her very well.

McQueen, as a design house, produce exceptionally flattering and decorative designs.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

AyVey

I don't think she is taking any risk by choosing this suit. It's the same bodice, same bland color and there is always a balance between being appropriate and taking risk all at the same time. God all she have to dress up like a doll and she still mess that up, no wonder palace keep her locked up.

Also IMO a little girl shouldn't be seeing anything that can be seen in a bathing suit from a royal princess on an official visit in a professional setting, no one is at a beach. Any way that's out Kate, always finding way to show off her goods.

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2014, 10:02:41 PM

Inappropriate neckline while working on an official event but I'm sure it's no big deal just as it's no big deal that she has flashed 8 times now in 3 years of being a duchess.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0b94e04ca6a8bfb53f6ea4db4aa28218/tumblr_n4gwmjwcF41r0e0igo7_400.jpg

[mod] Changed photo to link :hug: [/mod]