How The Duchess of Cornwall Won Our Hearts

Started by cinrit, July 02, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Canuck on September 18, 2014, 03:58:40 PM
QuoteI  am long winded in my post sometimes  but the FACT  is  PC and Camilla  destroyed a  young  girls' hopes, dreams,  total  love  for  PC , home life  she wanted and made  a  total fool and  complete jackazz  of her  from the  very  beginning.  THAT IS FACT.

FanDianaFancy, perhaps the disconnect is that we seem to have very different definitions of the word "fact". 

That sentence I quoted, for example, is what I would call an opinion.  Diana was very young when they married = fact.  Charles cheated on Diana with Camilla = fact.  But Diana had "total love" for Charles, Charles and Camilla made a fool of her from the very beginning of the marriage, it was Charles and Camilla who have sole responsibility for "destroying" everything = all opinions.

Everyone is welcome to their opinions, of course.  But I think we all benefit (me too!) from remembering that they are just opinions -- we don't know these people, we weren't there for what happened, and we are all drawing our own conclusions based on various public sources of information.

Well she said  he loved him so I will take that , her word about herself , as FACT. 
It  was said by many  BRF  legit authors via people in the know, etc. that she loved him so I will take it as FACT. 
PD's  own  words, I  will take as FACT.
Since  I am not her, did not live her life, was not in her head,  nor  PC, nor's C, I  WILL TAKE WHAT THEY  ALL HAVE SAID AS FACT about themselves. They should know themselves  better than we  all do, LOL!!
I  think PD, PC, and C  should  know  the who, what, where, when  of their thoughts, etc. better than any  of us. FACT!
PD said  she 50%  of the fault  of the failure of HER marriage. It  was not  MY marriage . I  was not married to her, PC  , CPB, nor APB  so  I would take  PD's  WORD AS FACT about herself and her marriage.
Since she did not marry herself and PC   was the person she married and CPB  was  1/3  of the marriage, I think it  is  FACT to say  and mathematical logical  to  place  50%  of the blame of  THEIR  marriage on PC.   A marriage  is made up of 2 people.  CPB   as #1  girlfriend with  PC and  PC still seeing Kanga was and who else,    is  FACT!!! 
It is fact that these two , Fred and Gladys , knew of their plans  before  PC  selcted PD and after and during HIS marriage  and etc. so YES, FACT, these two  people  destroyed a THEN young's  innocent  girl's dreams, hopes, love  for PC, etc.
Fred and Gladys went on the honeymoon  with their parting little gifts of a private joke between the two  of them  just for lovers to know and PD  really tagged along.  Gladys was there in spirit.  That seems a  pretty  bad  way to start off a marriage  .

There were  times in pics we saw and PC and PD  looked  and so it was said  by those in the know, ok. I  will EVEN give PC credit  , as I  posted before, that despite his  last interview  at that time when he and PD  were so bitter and angry towards each other, the  he really  did not mean he  never loved her. I think he did  he  enough,  but the child-woman grew up and  wanted him and  not CPB.  FACT!!!!    Common sense, if  PD had  not mind CPB, she and PC  would still be married today. Many  women   are, were in that world Rose  Kennedy like and  are very  tolerable. Turning their heads is how they cope.

What  I have posted are FACTS per their own words!!!!  Like it or not, likeI said, I was not married to them  but I will take their word about themselves as FACT!!!  I  did not give an interview to Morton(book)  or Panorama  or  Dimbley.  I did not tell PC and PD what to say, do.

Canuck

Perhaps that is another difference in our approach.  I don't think everything said by Diana, or Charles, or Camilla, is necessarily fact.  Particularly since there is more than one example of them not being honest (like Diana denying she had helped with the Morton book, or Charles denying the affair with Camilla for many years).

FanDianaFancy

Correction , my mistake....and pardon my  bad typos. CORRECTIONS  ----2   CORRECTIONS_________2

*There were  pics when  PD  and PC looked happy and it was reported so they were.  Ex.  Their visit  to The White House under Reagon and  that iconic  dress and dance  with John Travolta and everyone else looking on.PD's  ballet  dance she did to impress  PC.  The time she  smashed his head  with  a  fake bottle  at  some studio.  the time she told some reporters something funny it was ... that her husband liked her hair blond.   Their Australian  tour. Surely the birth  of their sons. Ok.  I assume, assuming here, NOT FACT, but  I  will go  and give them both credit that they were  happy  with each  other  at some  very few  times until it all turned bad and it turned bad rather qucikly.
My  mistake....
**CORRECTION with my bad  typos, NO,  if  CPB had not been there and invited in, would PD and PC still been married?
I  do not know that since I am not them and  I  do not have a crystal ball, LOL!!!

_____________  I  made two errors here. Typos..... Sorry. CORRECTIONS.............................

Double post auto-merged: September 18, 2014, 10:43:26 PM

Quote from: Canuck on September 18, 2014, 09:56:37 PM
Perhaps that is another difference in our approach.  I don't think everything said by Diana, or Charles, or Camilla, is necessarily fact.  Particularly since there is more than one example of them not being honest (like Diana denying she had helped with the Morton book, or Charles denying the affair with Camilla for many years).

Well if  we can pick and choose what they said about their lives and they ought to  know as not fact FACT about their lives, then  everything is subject to  everyone's opinions. That does not make much sense.  What  PC says about  CPB  now? Is that FACT?  Is what PW says about PK FACT?  IS what  PW  says  about  PK's parents FACT? Can pictures be taken as FACT?  The two early  pics of  LDS and  CPB  said alot in the late 1980's.

YES, they   said  or not said then,  the things you listed,  but there were reasons why. Truth came out . FACT!!!
Truth came out  later , after she died, YES, she  ghost wrote her own autobiography. She could not say she was writing her autobiography. He could not day  , places , times he  hooked up with CPB.  The pics of  LDFS  looking casted down like a  scolded  schoolgirl  by the headmistress , CPB says  a lot. Nothing to the general public then, but ah-ha!  Pieces fit.  Actually,  CPB was the headmistress and  LDFS was the shoolgirl  then. LOL!!!
YES,  PC  could not  say  when he and CPB  really  stopped , started their relationship.  FACT  it  is known they  never  really  stopped being extremely , too close in their friendship even after she got married and  after he got married  many years later.  FACT , CPB was THERE in pics during PC and PD's  courthships. The  Fred and Gladys gift.

I would like,  like some of us her do, to rewrite the story  my way, but  it  is not my story/life to write  or rewrite. It  is  FACT and already  written by those  whoose life it  is  for PC and CPB  was in PD's case.

Once gain , I  will take as FACT  what was and  is  now  .  It is what it was. It  is what it is.
Disconnect. New  code word. I hear that a lot on my job. It is waht it is . New code phrase . Rude.For lack of a better one, it  works. My supervisor used that and said she strongly disliked that phrase, but  the situation of losing a  key  person  in personnel due to higher  ups  transferring   her, was what it was.
Nothing we can do about it.

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on September 18, 2014, 09:56:37 PM
Why would they tell the tturth?  Of course Charles was not going to speak of his affair with Camilla, until really pushed and Di was hardly likely to admit she'd done anything as dangerous as the Morton book

sandy

Charles did speak out on the affair. He did not have to. Morton never named Camilla as the "lover" of Charles and the Royal Family even supported APB and CPB as a married couple receiving them in the royal enclosure at Ascot. Plus Charles had his friends say C and C were "just friends.

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on September 18, 2014, 01:49:44 PM
QuoteI think in my posts  I have taken  many criticisms at PD based on FACTS.You guys have no problems  with that.  Where  is  your  criticism   of PC and Camilla?  None. Never!!  It was alll PD's fault. Her affairs...Morton book, panorma...morning sickness... the marriage ended  at the  that  day  in July 1981,...etc.

The FACTS are that EVERY SINGLE PERSON posting about Charles and Camilla have criticized them.  We have all said that Charles did things wrong -- that he shouldn't have married Diana if he didn't love her, that he shouldn't have cheated on her, that he too used the press to his advantage, etc.  We have all said that Camilla did thing wrong -- that she shouldn't have cheated on her husband, that she shouldn't have gotten involved with a married man.

No one thinks Charles and Camilla are saints.  No one thinks they did nothing wrong.  I sincerely do. not. understand. why we continue to be accused of this.
they were all 3 in a difficult situation.  had they been 3 ordinary people (ro 4 if you count Andrew PB) there probably would have been divorces earlier.. Charles sand Di would have realised their incompatibility, she might have left him with the kids.  Maybe they would have split up before they Had kids. Andrew PB would not have felt obliged to stay married to Cam, when he Had another lady he wanted to marry, out of loyalty to his wife.  Charles would have settled with Camilla, and Di would have been free to find another husband.. but they weren't supposed to split up, so she and he stayed together and tried to make their marriage work in public.  Things didn't work out well, and the problems gradually became apparent tot the public.  and both of them Had the media trying ot ferret out stories of their problems and whether they were seeing other people.  but I think what choice did they have?  They were young it seems to me very unfair to condemn them to a life of celibacy, when they were not getting on well and probably the physical side of their marriage wasn't working well.

sandy

The physical side of marriage should not be the only thing to maintain a marriage. There is love, respect, and even "liking" the other person. Charles was supposed to teach the young wife about the physical side of love but Charles IMO could not be bothered.

cinrit

Well, they had two children together, so he was bothered at least twice.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

i think they had a normal sex life for some time.  I don't really buy that Charles was so uninterested in his wife physically as Di made out both before and after marriage. In fact some people who saw them did notice that he seemed to be very attracted ot her and that he touched her a lot during the first years of marriage.. so I think that her stories that he was so "cold" and un tactile physically before and after marriage are probably just D's stories. but probably it was not THAT big a part of their marriage as time passed and Di felt inferior to Cam because she had no premarital experience. I think that her bulimia began to put him off and their lack of communication on other levels affected their physical relationship..

lilibet80

Keeping to the thread concerning Camilla winning hearts I would like to say this.  Camilla does not have to win everybody's heart.  She may not have won the hearts of some of the people on this board.  However "it looks as if the final hurdle has been surmounted, too, with the latest YouGov poll showing that a majority of Britons now support her becoming Queen Consort, if her husband succeeds his mother." 

It is the British public, whose Queen Consort she will become, that are having their hearts won.  Perhaps it is because they appreciate the way she has done her job, kept her mouth shut, been kind, warm and friendly to people and has handled herself well.  Perhaps the British people, who are the ones who matter where this is concerned prefer to look forward than look back.  She is here to stay.  Perhaps, like most of the people on this board believe, no one alone is to blame for what happened in the marriage of Charles and Diana.  No one is blaming Camilla alone or Charles alone or Diana alone for the disgraceful mess of unroyal behavior that caused the enormous scandal.  However, it is long over.  Time moves on and the British  people seem to be moving with it.  Maybe they just don't much care or pay that much attention to the whole matter. 

sandy

Quote from: amabel on September 21, 2014, 07:04:20 AM
i think they had a normal sex life for some time.  I don't really buy that Charles was so uninterested in his wife physically as Di made out both before and after marriage. In fact some people who saw them did notice that he seemed to be very attracted ot her and that he touched her a lot during the first years of marriage.. so I think that her stories that he was so "cold" and un tactile physically before and after marriage are probably just D's stories. but probably it was not THAT big a part of their marriage as time passed and Di felt inferior to Cam because she had no premarital experience. I think that her bulimia began to put him off and their lack of communication on other levels affected their physical relationship..
Marriage is supposed to be in sickness and in health. What if Charles had some digestive problem and was throwing up. Should Diana have been disgusted?

It shows that Charles did not love her in the first place IMO.

cinrit

^^ Not that it has anything to do with Camilla winning our hearts, but there's a world of difference between a temporary stomach problem and bulimia.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Quote from: lilibet80 on September 21, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
Keeping to the thread concerning Camilla winning hearts I would like to say this.  Camilla does not have to win everybody's heart.  She may not have won the hearts of some of the people on this board.  However "it looks as if the final hurdle has been surmounted, too, with the latest YouGov poll showing that a majority of Britons now support her becoming Queen Consort, if her husband succeeds his mother." 

It is the British public, whose Queen Consort she will become, that are having their hearts won.  Perhaps it is because they appreciate the way she has done her job, kept her mouth shut, been kind, warm and friendly to people and has handled herself well.  Perhaps the British people, who are the ones who matter where this is concerned prefer to look forward than look back.  She is here to stay.  Perhaps, like most of the people on this board believe, no one alone is to blame for what happened in the marriage of Charles and Diana.  No one is blaming Camilla alone or Charles alone or Diana alone for the disgraceful mess of unroyal behavior that caused the enormous scandal.  However, it is long over.  Time moves on and the British  people seem to be moving with it.  Maybe they just don't much care or pay that much attention to the whole matter. 
:goodpost: :notworthy: Outstanding post.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: cinrit on September 20, 2014, 10:31:20 PM
Well, they had two children together, so he was bothered at least twice.

Cindy

It  is a FACT,  he did his duty  2x. LOL YES, cindycinrit, but  , so it was said after that 2nd heir was produced the  job was done and done well.   The marriage was over and out. Finished . Done. Show was over. No need to continue pretending  after that.  The questions is really  "when?"

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2014, 03:00:32 PM

Quote from: sandy on September 20, 2014, 09:44:23 PM
The physical side of marriage should not be the only thing to maintain a marriage. There is love, respect, and even "liking" the other person. Charles was supposed to teach the young wife about the physical side of love but Charles IMO could not be bothered.

Well said. 

lilibet80

This is starting to get hilarious!  Are we now in their beds discussing their sex lives?  Why not start a thread on how bad Charles was to Diana in bed in 1987 and how he SHOULD have behaved. 

FanDianaFancy

QuoteNo one thinks Charles and Camilla are saints.  No one thinks they did nothing wrong.  I sincerely do. not. understand. why we continue to be accused of this.

Quote.. Charles sand Di would have realised their incompatibility, she might have left him with the kids. 

I know, my opinion, yours, hers,  and everyones  here. I agree with  you on everything.  This though,  nah.  PD  would  not  have given up her  kids  to PC, with her having  half custody  or visitation.  NEVER!!!  She  would not have LEFT them as she  felt she was LEFT  by her mother and  the  rank and file and world of the nobility/aristos had  it that way as well in that day and time. The children belonged to the  Earl of Spencer  and the  Estate of the Spencer line, etc.  That was a sticking  point  in PC and PD  really  bad  last years  in that  she  took a lot and  ate up a lot  bitterness she was powerless in  getting for herslf, but HER SONS was not  one  of those things. She  was not  going to be upsurped by  anyone, QEII,  nobilitymonarchy world, PC,  TPTB, TiggyLB, etc. when it came to HER  being MOTHER to HER children.  HOWEVER, in their world,  the  boys  were off at borading school  , the 3rd parent so to speak, so really  PC and PD  each  had a 1/3  custody  time with the boys.

amabel

Quote from: lilibet80 on September 21, 2014, 03:09:15 PM
This is starting to get hilarious!  Are we now in their beds discussing their sex lives?  Why not start a thread on how bad Charles was to Diana in bed in 1987 and how he SHOULD have behaved. 
perhaps he was, or pehrpas she was?

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

Quote from: lilibet80 on September 21, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
Keeping to the thread concerning Camilla winning hearts I would like to say this.  Camilla does not have to win everybody's heart.  She may not have won the hearts of some of the people on this board. It is the British public, whose Queen Consort she will become, that are having their hearts won.  Perhaps it is because they appreciate the way she has done her job, kept her mouth shut, been kind, warm and friendly to people and has handled herself well.. 
I wouldn't say that they care or don't care.  it just isn't such a big issue as people seem to feel on this forum/  People don't obsess about the RF or Diana so much as people here seem to.  They just accept them if they are doing a modest amount of work and keeping out of scandals.  if there have been scandals in the past then usually the people involved live it down, if they keep their heads down, go on working and keep on carrying on... Cam is mildly liked now, I think after being hated, and Diana still has fans but the grief over her death etc is long since gone.  It didn't really last all that long. Its hardly a major thing, in that many marriages end in divorce, and people marry their lovers who have had affairs with them..and they get on with life.. so the attitude is that if that happened with Charles and Cam, so what?  its no more than many people experience..

SophieChloe

Well said, amabel! 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

FanDianaFancy

CPB will never win  the hearts of all her subjects.  PD  did win the hearts of all her subjects.

Life goes on  and is for the living and these living people  of the BRF are living a grand life!!!

CPB WILL BE QUEEN CAMILLA.  It  is  not open for vote by the people , her subjects,  and they can nothing about that NOR DO THEY really MATTER in the grand scheme  of things.
Enough people, subjects of  CPB, like her.  PR  campaign  has been out in full  swing for a  while now in preparation for that day.
It is done!!! Been done!!!!! The day  PC adn CPB married, it was done!!!

BRF  , from I get of reading these boards, reading  real newspapers about them mand the people,  it  is like amabel said there.

PD  is still and always will mentioned  with PC and CPB no matter what happens. When PC  dies as KC. When CPB dies as QC. When PC and CPB are  ceremonially  named K and Q. When  PH marries. When PH has children.  When  PW and K leave the hospital with the new baby boy or girl. . The name of the new baby, esp. if a girl.
As their children grow and  KC and QC are their at their lifes' milestones, PD  will still be brought up in the media , etc.
Even when the  BRF consist on the BuckBalcony  and  walks to Christmas church  means  KC , QC and  THEIR KIDS: PW, PH, PB and Lady Lopes and their families, PD will still  be  a ghost  around written on and   old pics brought  out.

It  is just the way  it is.

Despite some people here think,  people nin TUK, some media,  people born way after PD's death, etc. PD   is not going to vainish  from history.  PW and PH did not fall out the sky  via delievered  by the  flying stork  or  was  found floating down the River Thames in a basket and the  lonely PC  found them and called them his sons.

Scotland voted  majority to stay part  of TUK.  Under the monarchy. I hardly think  Scotland  needs the protection of the crown  for invasion against the Vikings stuff like that. No, I do know the whole story  , pros and cons, of staying the  TUK and under the monarchy. QEII  was very concerned  and urged her  people to  reconsider and  things. see dailymail.com.

sandy

Quote from: cinrit on September 21, 2014, 02:31:36 PM
^^ Not that it has anything to do with Camilla winning our hearts, but there's a world of difference between a temporary stomach problem and bulimia.

Cindy

Some digestive problems may be chronic. I did not say the hypothetical problem was "temporary."  You used the word temporary I did not.

And BTW, Diana did get her bulimia under control so the symptoms were under control thanks to help from a therapist.

amabel

Lillibe it is nice to see you again?  Hope youre' well.

Double post auto-merged: September 22, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

Cindy
I think it was an issue, but not the oly one, in the marriage. I don't suppose it helped their sex life, but I think that the failure there was more to do with their Lack of companionship outside the bedroom which made things more difficult once the first flush Had worn off of sexual attraction. If Di was continually ill with her bulimia, its hard to see how a man would feel it was a good idea to press his attentions.  In fact James Hewitt sad he found the bulimia repulsive when Di told him about it. And as time passed, I think Charles and di just got on so badly that the physical side of heir relationship reflected that, and fizzled out.

cate1949

I think Cam will be Queen Consort because otherwise she will not be equal to all the other Queen consorts in Europe - not the only reason but an issue -

sandy

Quote from: amabel on September 22, 2014, 05:23:27 AM
Lillibe it is nice to see you again?  Hope youre' well.

Double post auto-merged: September 22, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

Cindy
I think it was an issue, but not the oly one, in the marriage. I don't suppose it helped their sex life, but I think that the failure there was more to do with their Lack of companionship outside the bedroom which made things more difficult once the first flush Had worn off of sexual attraction. If Di was continually ill with her bulimia, its hard to see how a man would feel it was a good idea to press his attentions.  In fact James Hewitt sad he found the bulimia repulsive when Di told him about it. And as time passed, I think Charles and di just got on so badly that the physical side of heir relationship reflected that, and fizzled out.

Having another woman lurking about does not give incentive for the husband to work on the marriage.

Hewitt never called it "repulsive" and the symptoms of Bulimia eased when she was with him.  He did not have the attitude Charles had which was to make fun of it.

Marriage is supposed to be in sickness and in health. Bulimia gave Charles another excuse to ditch Diana. Again what if he had something like bulimia? would it be "OK" for Diana not to "press her attentions?"

TLLK

Quote from: cate1949 on September 22, 2014, 05:33:26 AM
I think Cam will be Queen Consort because otherwise she will not be equal to all the other Queen consorts in Europe - not the only reason but an issue -

My understanding is that whatever the title they're all treated as equals if they are the spouse of the monarch. Lalla Salma doesn't have the title of queen but she's still treated the same as Rania, Letizia, Mathilde etc...Daniel will be given the same courtesies as well when Victoria ascends to the throne.

According to the Dutch constitution Maxima should have kept her original title when W-A began his reign, but the government opted to allow her to use the title of Queen.

amabel

the wife of the King, in the UK, is queen.  Camilla will almost certainly be known as quene