If she had lived, what would Diana look like today?

Started by Mike, January 14, 2009, 03:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I know there is software that alters a photograph to show what the person would look like at an older age.  I wonder if this has been done on a good photo of Diana.  Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Stix Chix

had she lived i think she'd have grown to look more like her paternal grandmother.

pic....
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer

Harryite #0004

Emme

Wow, there is a marked resemblance between Diana and her grandmother.  Thanks for sharing with us Stix Chix!   :)

YR

Agreed Emme....amazing resemblance.  I still miss her.   :hug2:

Kate

I still miss her as well... I think she would have looked very much like her own Mother, who was attractive in all stages of her life...She would have kept slim and trim..... :(

drezzle

It still makes me sad to read about Diana or see pictures of her.  It's like something so unfinished or left up in the air might be the problem -- and that comes from the still unresolved questions about her death and also from the posthumous bashing she got.   Those are conditions that interrupt the normal grieving response.   And if it still makes me feel sad, imagine how this unresolved grief could wreck havoc with her sons.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Emme

Agreed drezzle.  It's like we never got any closure to Diana's death.  It seems everything happened so fast.

angieuk

Same with JF Kennedy .... what a wonderful man he was!

Trudie

I think if Diana had lived she would have aged gracefully. The strong resemblance to her grandmother Spencer gives us a peek at how beautiful she would still be.

drezzle

I recently got the book about Diana's mother Frances..........she was a nice looking woman too -- looked a little like Diana, but not as much as I expected -- but they both had a very sweet, appealing look though.

It was sad in that Frances expected the queen to call her after Diana's death, as mutual grandmothers, but the queen never did.  Earl Spencer, Diana's father, was left with a bad impression of the queen as well before he died -- saying she was cold and self-centered.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Mike

Quote from: drezzle on January 14, 2009, 05:28:21 PM
It still makes me sad to read about Diana or see pictures of her.
I feel the same way when I see photos of Diana with Prince Charles, because I know what happened.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Trudie

Quote from: drezzle on January 16, 2009, 02:46:43 PM
I recently got the book about Diana's mother Frances..........she was a nice looking woman too -- looked a little like Diana, but not as much as I expected -- but they both had a very sweet, appealing look though.

It was sad in that Frances expected the queen to call her after Diana's death, as mutual grandmothers, but the queen never did.  Earl Spencer, Diana's father, was left with a bad impression of the queen as well before he died -- saying she was cold and self-centered.

Drezzle it would have been nice had the Queen called after Diana's death not only as mutual grandmothers, but also because her son-in-law Robert Fellowes was also the Queens Private Secretary at the time. But Earl Spencer was also in a position to know he had also been the Queens Equerry. How Sad that she is as cold and crystallized as her Grandmother Queen Mary. :(

Kate

Yes, there is another side of Her Majesty other then the monarch who has served her country all her life.. She seems to be missing  Caring and true compassion...
I agree it would have cost her nothing to pick up the phone and speak to Diana's mother at the time of Diana's death....

Monika

Quote from: Trudie on January 17, 2009, 12:26:07 AM
Drezzle it would have been nice had the Queen called after Diana's death not only as mutual grandmothers, but also because her son-in-law Robert Fellowes was also the Queens Private Secretary at the time. But Earl Spencer was also in a position to know he had also been the Queens Equerry. How Sad that she is as cold and crystallized as her Grandmother Queen Mary. :(

The phone call that never happened certainly takes away from the argument that they were busy tending to family matters. 

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

mbb

Quote from: drezzle on January 14, 2009, 05:28:21 PM
It still makes me sad to read about Diana or see pictures of her.  It's like something so unfinished or left up in the air might be the problem -- and that comes from the still unresolved questions about her death and also from the posthumous bashing she got.   Those are conditions that interrupt the normal grieving response.   And if it still makes me feel sad, imagine how this unresolved grief could wreck havoc with her sons.

:nod: 

Lucy

Quote from: Monika on January 18, 2009, 12:12:08 AM
The phone call that never happened certainly takes away from the argument that they were busy tending to family matters. 

Poor Diana could never even mention her own Mother's name in the presence of QE the whole time she was inside any of the Queen's residences. Now the Queen doesn't want Diana's name mentioned in her presence either. A few years back Princess Anne reflected a similar posture by going off on a journalist for mentioning Diana in her presence. I believe it was Jenny Bond.
She probably endures it whilst Wm and Haz are about...but maybe not....Philip and the late QM were always seen in public as aimiable with each other when they hadn't spoken in private for more than 50 years. No wonder HM looked younger and smiled more after her Mother's death. All that tension !!

DIANISTA # 1

Objective

One of the reasons I don't post on this forum is my profound sadness about Diana - it's just so difficult for me to post about her. I really respected and admired this woman. I think it goes back to my thinking how senseless her death still seems.

Diana is the only royal to have captured the hearts of Aussies; I think somehow we related to her feeling like an interloper or something. She was really embraced by the Australian people like no other royal before or since. Diana really had some kind of magic about her.

Selfish I know ... but as people may note, I do mention her in endearing terms every now and then.

And, it's also one of the reasons why I don't like Mary of Denmark trying to fill her large shoes - it is really very offensive to me. When she copies Diana, to me, and others, she is denigrating Diana's memory because she is a cheap imitation. If you knew about Mary's past, you would understand what I am saying. You can't make a silk dress from a sow's ear, and then there is the trying-too-hard to muscle in on the BRF's turf, with her lazy, boozing husband, but I digress ...

Sorry for going off-topic: I think once Diana found her own true happiness (not sure Dodi was the one, though he might have been) then she would have gotten her full beauty back. I do think the strain began to show on her face in her latter years. She needed to lay off the heavy eyeliner too - it was ageing her.