Sections of the Board Under Maintenance

Started by Windsor, November 21, 2014, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Several parts of the forum are currently under maintenance and wont be accessible for a couple of hours. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

DaisyMeRollin

Ah. Maintenance. I assumed you had to take the toys away for bad behavior.  :lol:

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

DaFluffs

ROFL.....

But don't give him any ideas, though......

Macrobug

If we all have one big collective temper tantrum do you think he will give them back?  :mad11:
GNU Terry Pratchett

DaFluffs

Nah.... something tells me he's used to women's temper tantrums.

I say we hunt him down, hang him by his [insert whatever body part comes to mind] and torture him until he gives us what we want.

Remember.... Santa was run over by a reindeer.... probably his fault.

TLLK

Quote from: DaisyMeRollin on November 21, 2014, 09:51:41 PM
Ah. Maintenance. I assumed you had to take the toys away for bad behavior.  :lol:

:goodpost: :lol:

HereditaryPrincess

I had wondered why the forums had been looking smaller lately, thanks for the notice @Windsor. Do you know when we will be able to see and post in the forums that are under maintenance?

Quote from: DaisyMeRollin on November 21, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

:teehee:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Thank you, @Jenee - the forums look so small without the extra sections! :)

PaulaB

Its monday now and no boards please can we have them back now.

Windsor

They should be back online later this afternoon.  :hug: :xmas6:

Windsor

Full access has been restored to the various areas of the site that were offline over the weekend. During this time, we have taken the opportunity to reshape how the forum looks, and will announce shortly further changes. Please bare with us as this is still a working progress, but at least no more downtime will be required.

:hug:

TLLK

Thank you for the update Windsor.

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 01:30:05 AM

Is there a new policy for the Cambridge/Harry threads? I've noticed that two boards in these forums state that they are not being closely moderated.

Kia

where is the Socialites & Royal Acquaintances thread?

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Jenee

Quote from: TLLK on November 24, 2014, 06:38:55 PM
Thank you for the update Windsor.

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 01:30:05 AM

Is there a new policy for the Cambridge/Harry threads? I've noticed that two boards in these forums state that they are not being closely moderated.

Just that- those two boards will not be moderated (except for spam or items that may land us in legal trouble) so members are expected to self moderate- I.e. Follow the rules and handle disagreements on their own. Those boards are designed for non-serious chit chat, so we don't anticipate this being a problem.

cate1949

very nice reorganization - thank you mods!

HereditaryPrincess

Thanks for the update! It's rather easy to work my way around the forum's new look. :)

I have a question though – my thread where we can guess names for Baby Cambridge No. Two isn't in William and Kate's forum, I've been through the threads and it still isn't there. Is it possible if I could get it back, or is it perhaps somewhere where I haven't looked?

Windsor

Thanks very much. I am glad you find the new look easy to work through.

The threads you have mentioned are still available, for example: HERE is the 'Guess the Name of Baby Cambridge No. Two!' it is now found under the General Chat section of the Cambridge Boards, you will also find all other similar threads there. Only official/current events thread will appear on the main Cambridge boards, all other things like fashion, baby names, etc will appear in the General Chat section.  :hug:

Do let me know if you need anything further.  :hug:

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Thank you so much for your help, @Windsor. That's pretty neat how we have a 'General Chat' area for the Cambridges. :)

Windsor

The same set up has also been created for Prince Harry - the same rules apply, official/work related/current events on the main board, while all other things like girlfriends, gossip, fashion in the General Chat section.  :hug:

Jenee

Funny how we have come full circle... The oldies will remember the "dens" @Windsor @mediastar

Windsor

HereditaryPrincess

Thanks, @Windsor. Am I correct in thinking that those boards are not moderated and meant for light hearted discussions, whereas the main boards about William, Kate and Harry are moderated?

Windsor

@HereditaryPrincess that is correct! In the chat sections, we encourage members to use self restraint to avoid debates spiraling out of control.