Coronation of Prince Charles

Started by Windsor, January 14, 2012, 08:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

From the looks of things, the Coronation of Prince Charles will feature this piece of music. http://goo.gl/HVGXD

Enjoy.  :king: :D

Mariana Pazza

Blue Clover

Eri

I don't get comments like "Long life The Queen"  :Lothwen: do we love her? Yes ...Is it a fact of life she will die as she is not immortal and he will became King? ABSOLUTELY People who dont ike the idea better get over it...

Mariana Pazza

I heartly hope the prodigious Queen mother longevity be dominant in the Queen's genes and she can past her 100 yrs old birthday, maybe 105 years? God bless her  :clap: !

lilliann

I agree with Eri. seriously, what's the point of these comments? nobody said the coronation will be tomorrow and I'm sure nobody wants the Queen to die. but when it happens and Charles will be fit, this is the music that will play at the coronation

sandy

It's the Queen's Jubilee year. Why not look back on what was played at HER Coronation. Re: Charles' we'll cross that bridge when we come to it as the saying goes

lilliann

Royals plan their funerals for years, even decades. I would guess it's the same with their coronations - they might not do it because they necessrily wat to, but they arekind of obliged to be prepared just in case something happens

memememe

The Earl Marshal has the job of planning royal funerals and coronations and other state occasions.  It is part of his duties to regularly update the arrangement for these functions.

Even though coronations take place months, usually at least a year, after the previous monarch's death, some planning is done in advance.

As for this musical piece - considering that Handel has been played at every coronation since George II it certainly isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this piece, written for the Coronation of George II, will be used at the coronation of Charles - whenever that takes place.

The Queen had Handel at her coronation, along with lots of other music.

PaulaB

Quote from: Mariana Pazza on January 15, 2012, 11:46:58 PM
I heartly hope the prodigious Queen mother longevity be dominant in the Queen's genes and she can past her 100 yrs old birthday, maybe 105 years? God bless her  :clap: !

If she reaches 100 does she send herself a birthday card to commemorate it?

Trudie

I suppose they have to think about preparing for Charles coronation as I remember reading that since Queen Victoria reigned so long that when it was time for Edward VII to be crowned they had to dig into the royal archives to find out where to obtain the special oil for the anointing. I however don't want to think about Charles coronation at the moment, this is HM's special year her Diamond jubilee and any thoughts regarding Charles coronation not only are a bit premature but should not even be written about and taking a back seat to HM and Her celebrations.

sandy

I read on another board thread that allegedly Kate and William don't want to "upstage" the Queen on her Jubilee year. THis is the QUeen's year. WHy not focus on looking back on her glorious reign. The time will come down the road to think about what Charles is having in his coronation. I hope there are no blurbs in the press (or "leaked to the press") about CHarles' coronation plans so HE won't upstage his mother--this is her jubilee after all.

sara8150

If Queen Mother and King George VI would alives today but HM Queen Mother would be 112 years old and King George VI would be 117 years old but both would be proud of HM Queen Elizabeth II ruled as Monarchy for six decades..

mostly people who lives in London,England who remind of HM Queen's coronations in 1952 that year of my dad was born but my dad was born on November 1952 that same of Prince Charles's birthday..

Lothwen

Quote from: Eri on January 15, 2012, 10:34:01 PM
I don't get comments like "Long life The Queen"  :Lothwen: do we love her? Yes ...Is it a fact of life she will die as she is not immortal and he will became King? ABSOLUTELY People who dont ike the idea better get over it...

Totally agree with this Eri.  The Queen is human, and she will die one day, and the way things stand now, Charles will be King.  The Queen knows that Charles planning his coronation doesn't mean he wants her dead.  She probably thought about her own coronation years ago when she was a young woman.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

memememe

She may also be giving some advice - having been through it. 

I know she has been involved in the drawing up of the plans for her funeral, including the music, as has Philip for his so it wouldn't surprise me if she has also had some suggestions for Charles for his coronation.  After all it will be a huge day in the life of her beloved, eldest son and heir and she knows that she won't be alive to see it but having seen the plans will feel positive about that day that will take place after her death.

sandy

Let the Queen enjoy her Jubilee year without thinking of the "glories" of Charles' Coronation. When the time comes Charles can have his Coronation and anniversaries of his own.

So as long as the Queen isn't "morbid" about thinking of Charles' coronation, maybe she could give her grandson more responsibilities so he will be prepared for the time when he becomes Prince of Wales and King. I see some criticism of posts saying that William will need to consider the time when he will need to take on more work (on incapacity of his father and grandmother), but it's OK to dwell on his papa's Coronation plans. Double standard perhaps?:

The Queen has a full schedule of activities this year and ceremonies too.

Eri

^Just because she has engagements this year doesn't mean she cant die what type of logic is that?  :lol: Look at what happened with her husband at Christmas ...her death could be 20 years from now it could be this week who knows  :shrug: I am sure who is in line to take her place (including Harry) know this and are prepared so I think Will will be just fine when his time comes.

sandy

Long live the Queen. She's healthy and there is no reason to think she won't survive the Jubilee year. Right now she is the subject of the Jubilee. Let her enjoy it.  If the pessimistic attitude prevails, why not wonder if Charles will be around for his Coronation? :king:

Lothwen

I'm sure they do.

And yes, this is the Queen's Jubilee year, and we should be focused on that.  But that doesn't mean that we forget that she is an 85-year-old woman, and you have to face facts that she may not be around much longer.

I have a question though.  What if the Queen were to develop Alzheimers, or something like that?  Could Charles be crowned, even if the Queen were still alive?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

sandy

Let's get some perspective on this please. People live longer. 85 is no longer fatal. Look at Betty White turning 90 and she's as spry as ever! There are men who die in their sixties but it doesn't mean that Charles's "doomsday" is near.  Nobody has an expiration date that they are born with so it is not "known" how long anyone lives.

Everything is relative and people are all different. If the Queen got Alzheimers (which is doubtful at this point), Charles would be Regen t. If Charles as King  gets Alzheimers, William would be Regent. George III had his son George as Prince Regent.

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on January 18, 2012, 04:47:44 PM
^Just because she has engagements this year doesn't mean she cant die what type of logic is that?  :lol: Look at what happened with her husband at Christmas ...her death could be 20 years from now it could be this week who knows  :shrug: I am sure who is in line to take her place (including Harry) know this and are prepared so I think Will will be just fine when his time comes.

So are you going to be happy when Charles finally gets the throne? You sound quite unhappy that HM is still on the throne and having a jubilee 60 at that. I for one do not like to think about someone dying just to please the successors fans especially when HM is still robust and extremely sharp.

Bensgal

As memememe pointed out, the Queen very well may give advice about the future coronations of Charles and for that matter, William. I seriously doubt, too, the Queen would allow this talk of or planning for Charles' coronation dampen the celebration of her Jubilee year as the talk or planning for the event has gone on for years. It's not something sprung on her now.

Windsor

I'll begin to post music in a new thread to celebrate not only the Diamond Jubilee, but the Monarchy in general.  :D

cinrit

Quote from: Trudie on January 18, 2012, 10:43:00 PM
So are you going to be happy when Charles finally gets the throne? You sound quite unhappy that HM is still on the throne and having a jubilee 60 at that. I for one do not like to think about someone dying just to please the successors fans especially when HM is still robust and extremely sharp.   

Sounds like a new twist on things.  So, there's no need for William to hurry and move back to London and become a full-time Royal, since the Queen (and then Charles) will reign for a very long time.  Just as I've been saying all along.  :thumbsup:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Trudie

No new twist on things Cindy Charlies Cheerleaders can wait for as far as I am concerned for his coronation. I just find it totally distasteful that a woman who has reigned for 60 years with dignity and grace not to mention puttting duty above all else have her jubilee competeting with plans for a coronation of a successor who puts himself and his needs first even to the point of living grander then the monarch herself. HM has always been selfless unlike her heir who thought nothing of bringing as big a disgrace on the monarchy as his predecessor.