Duke of Cambridge - Visit to Malta

Started by angieuk, September 18, 2014, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

SophieChloe

Almost a Selfie.  William amongst the "crowd" with a photographer on hand to photograph his vizog. 

Again, the crowds would have been present regardless of William or Kate. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

Malta celebrates the independence Sept 21, this is special 2 days following William's schedule.

Reviewing what they do yearly, its not like this 2 day trip.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on September 21, 2014, 03:34:52 PM
^^ Uhhh ... I'm Catholic.  Just not practicing Catholic. :angel:  But really, they've changed so much in the Mass since I went regularly, I'm completely lost when I do go, so I'd definitely need your assistance, TLLK. :hug:

Cindy
Well it's now time for me to remove my big ol' foot out of my mouth :blush:. Oh by the way just when you think you'd have all responses/prayers memorized,  they've changed most of our responses and the Profession of Faith to "reflect the original Latin form." You should be able to follow along with the handy response card that would be in every pew. Good times. :banana:

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on September 21, 2014, 08:00:01 PM
Almost a Selfie.  William amongst the "crowd" with a photographer on hand to photograph his vizog. 

Again, the crowds would have been present regardless of William or Kate. 
Yes they would but having HRH there makes the sea breeze fresher,  sunshine brighter and birds burst into song.  :flower: :windsor1: :teehee:

wannable

This trip was very important, the garden part at the British Commissioners residence, breaking news.

Quote.Queen back at the helm with a visit to Malta: Historic family trip planned for next November with her three heirs
The Queen plans to bring Princes Charles, William and George to Malta
The sovereign, who will be 89, will be attending a Commonwealth meeting
It will be the first time a monarch and three heirs have gone abroad together
By REBECCA ENGLISH FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 00:43 GMT, 22 September 2014 | UPDATED: 01:40 GMT, 22 September 2014

shares
View comments
The Queen is planning to make a major foreign visit to Malta next year - and bring her three heirs, including toddler Prince George, with her, it can be revealed.
The historic family trip is being mooted for next November when the sovereign, who will be 89, attends the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM) for the first time since 2011.
It would be the first time a monarch and her three heirs - in this case Charles, William and George - have travelled abroad together.

Read more: Queen back at the helm with a visit to Malta: Historic family trip planned for next November with her three heirs | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook 

TLLK

Wow! All three heirs along with HM on an overseas trip is a first for this royal watcher. Not sure what tasks George will be given during the trip, but at least the Maltese can put any historic items up out of harm's way with this advance notice. :P

cinrit

QuoteRoyal Visit Malta - Day Two

The Duke of Cambridge proved a whizz at table football when he joined a group of teenagers for a lunchtime match - and scored the winning goal.

His Royal Highness is on the second day of a two-day visit to Malta, representing The Queen at the 50th anniversary of independence celebrations.

For the first engagement of the day, The Duke joined worshippers at the stunning St. John's Co-Cathedral for the Independence Day Service and saw close-up the amazing Caravaggios created by the artist especially for the cathedral.

Afterwards His Royal Highness visited a centre providing a range of services for youngsters and adults from an disadvantaged area of Malta.

More: Royal Visit Malta - Day Two

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: September 22, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

From Twitter:

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews  1h
On Queen & 3 heirs going to CHOGM next year: Malta PM said he'd invited them and Queen told him she was 'looking forward to coming' BUT 1/2

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews  ยท  1h
2/2 No decisions have been made, say BP, as it's far too early. And it's unlikely to happen. Too early for an 88-year-old lady to decide.

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteLong have clothing designers, High Street brands and travel agents worshiped the 'Kate effect' - where anything the Duchess of Cambridge touches turns to commercial gold.

Now it seems Prince William is commanding serious pulling power of his own after a recent royal trip to Malta caused a 71 per cent spike in interest in the area.

According to hotel comparison website Trivago, online search traffic for the island has jumped after the second in line to the throne stepped in for Kate as the royal guest of honour at the 50th anniversary celebrations of Malta's independence.
More: Prince William's visit to Malta sparks 71% surge in holiday searches to the island | Daily Mail Online

QuoteOne of the gifts Prince William took back home with him after his visit to Malta last Sunday was for his wife Kate - and the gift was presented to him by the Prime Minister's wife, Michelle Muscat.

The gift was a sparkling midnight minaudiere handbag by Sunita Mukhi, a Maltese designer who lives in London. The bag was decorated with countless tiny Swarovski crystals and a white Maltese cross.
More: Michelle Muscat sends a gift to Duchess of Cambridge via Prince William - The Malta Independent

good221

There are lots of photo on twitter about Kate shopping around this weekend, she can shop but cannot travel to Malta. spare me the  sad tale of kate sick if she can shop she can work, I don't get why the whole royal families and the media still treat her like golden egg! She is more than well NOW and stop milking us (Tax payer ) Dry with unnecessary  medicinal bill!! I Just had my second child I had to work thru all my Morning  sickness  and I remember when I  almost pass out twice in the courtroom  yet I survived and Kate is being treated like a child at 32 almost 33!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxV9d3FIQAAuMQM.jpg go to twitter for more photo :ugh:

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jennifer

QuoteWhile the Duchess of Cambridge had to stay home, William filled in for his wife and went to Malta. Prince William is representing his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, on the official visit celebrating the 50th anniversary of independence.

After an exciting first day on Saturday, Prince William had a packed programme on Sunday.

On the second day of the official visit, Prince William started the day off by attending Mass at St. John's Co-Cathedral. Afterwards he looked at art, among that two masterpieces made by Italian artist Caravaggio in the Cathedral Museum.

Read more:
Prince William plays Xbox with disadvantaged children in Malta | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

HistoryGirl

TLLK

Times of Malta stating that travel interest in Malta is up over 71% since William's visit. Probably more than one hotel that is hoping to book some reservations.

TLLK

Both of the players appear to be having a very good time.