Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Already sold out

QuoteShe has hardly put a foot wrong in the fashion department during the whole tour - and today was no exception for the Duchess of Cambridge.

These exclusive pictures of Kate show her donning a stunning white summery dress adorned with blue flowers as she and Wills head to Queensland for the day.

The stylish Queen-to-be was also spotted carrying a gorgeous clutch in the same royal blue of the flowers on the dress.
More: The Duchess wears an L.K. Bennett dress as she and Wills leave Sydney | Mail Online

Lothwen

This may be my favorite look from her on this tour so far.  I like it when she wears dresses with simple lines and a bit of a pattern. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Lady Adams

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 19, 2014, 01:22:24 AM
Already sold out

QuoteShe has hardly put a foot wrong in the fashion department during the whole tour - and today was no exception for the Duchess of Cambridge.

These exclusive pictures of Kate show her donning a stunning white summery dress adorned with blue flowers as she and Wills head to Queensland for the day.

The stylish Queen-to-be was also spotted carrying a gorgeous clutch in the same royal blue of the flowers on the dress.
More: The Duchess wears an L.K. Bennett dress as she and Wills leave Sydney | Mail Online
Previously worn by Mindy Kaling, Kate's dress was sold out before she wore it, but I have no doubt it would have sold out after had some been in stock.

QuoteHRH Kate Blog ‏@HRHKateBlog
Kate's @LKBennettLondon dress she is wearing today had already sold out before she appeared in it. Lasa Poppy Print Dress | Dresses | Clothing | L.K.Bennett, London ...
8:09 PM - 18 Apr 2014
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

^Thank you!

It's amazing that her clothes are already sold out, but then they say that she's the reason.....
Harryite 12-005

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Quote from: Lothwen on April 19, 2014, 02:59:17 AM
^Thank you!

It's amazing that her clothes are already sold out, but then they say that she's the reason.....
Yesterday's dress hadn't been released yet, and the clutch she's using today was already on clearance.  :shrug: I'm a believer that Kate moves clothes quickly, but it happens with a lot of celebs too.  :shrug:

Lothwen

From what I've seen, most of Kate's clothes are from previous seasons, so they're already "sold out" or at least in a very limited supply. 
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Quote from: Lothwen on April 19, 2014, 04:23:14 AM
From what I've seen, most of Kate's clothes are from previous seasons, so they're already "sold out" or at least in a very limited supply.
Very true. I always follow WhatKateWore's tweets & Facebook page, and usually see things before they sell out-- so I can see if they actually "fly off the (virtual) shelves" One of the What Kate Wore Facebook users was at the Oroton store when Kate appeared with her clutch. They had three (!) left, and she bought them all.  :shrug: I wouldn't count that as selling out.

angieuk

I miss hats; Diana loved her hats with dresses whilst on tour.   But now this is Catherine's tour and she has chosen to rarely wear any. 

The Queen's jewels; did not believe for one minute they would be leaving the vaults!

Sandor

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 19, 2014, 04:27:43 AM

Very true. I always follow WhatKateWore's tweets & Facebook page, and usually see things before they sell out-- so I can see if they actually "fly off the (virtual) shelves" One of the What Kate Wore Facebook users was at the Oroton store when Kate appeared with her clutch. They had three (!) left, and she bought them all.  :shrug: I wouldn't count that as selling out.

Probably plans to sell them on eBay and make a huge profit.

FanDianaFancy

Thanks Lady Adams for the schedule and hours.

I like this white dress   with the blue flowers slpattered  all about.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Lady Adams

It's my pleasure, SC & FanDianaFancy  :hug:

Quote from: angieuk on April 19, 2014, 08:33:07 AM
I miss hats; Diana loved her hats with dresses whilst on tour.   But now this is Catherine's tour and she has chosen to rarely wear any. 

The Queen's jewels; did not believe for one minute they would be leaving the vaults!
I bet we'll see a hat tomorrow at Easter! Will it have wattles on it?

Lothwen

The show starts in about 2 hours, and goes all day.  I hope they bring George, as this would be a really fun event for a family. 

From what I can see, it looks like it's a really casual event, so I don't think she'll be in a hat.  But, if they attend Easter service at a church then I'm sure she will be in one.
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Kate's McQueen dress for Easter service was a past season, in a different color.

I loved this quote about her LK Bennet dress & how Mindy Kaling wore it first:
Quotejennifer38, Baltimore, United States, 3 hours ago
And Mindy actually paid for her as a result of the proceeds of her own labor rather than sponging off the public. Yey, Mindy!!!!

Read more: Kate wears same outfit as Mindy Kaling as the comedienne reveals 'I wore this dress last week!' | Mail Online

Princessinwaiting

She looks like an old lady . Most of her tour outfits have been grand ma style . Kate your only 32  :orchid:  the only time I really liked what she wore was the red coat dress because it was red then the jeans and blazer and her casual tops .. All her outfits for this trip have been blue , white , blue did I mention white oh wait there was green and yellow yay  :windsor1:

Lady Adams

^^Meh, I haven't seen anything on this tour I've loved.

At the zoo, she's rewearing the yellow eyelet dress from the SE Asia tour, I think.

Lothwen

And the wedges....

Okay, seriously, how can she stand to be on her feet in those things?  And with carrying George nonetheless?

If I were her, I'd invest in some cute Ballet Flats.  Trust me Kate, you'll still be stylish.
Harryite 12-005

Limabeany

Wedges are very comfortable, but she only wears either the wedges, lk Bennett platform nudes or suede shoes, her shoe style couldn't be more boring. She doesn't wear flats for the same reason she rarely has her hair out of her face... She did wear flat shoes a lot before marriage, apparently she feels the need to be taller than most people to feel regal, is the only explanation I can find for her post-marriage dislike of flats of any kind, or anything less than very high heels except one or two once in a blue moon...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I can't stand in wedges, much less walk in them.  But my best friend wore them consistently in the 70's, and wears them now.  Some people can, some people can't.  I guess Kate is one who can. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sara8150

Lady Adams

I honestly don't understand why she's repeating dresses, when she could easily give back to her host country by wearing some of their designers. I think it would be a very simple way to "give back" to Australia.

I don't know is someone already posted this, but here's an intersting article about the Australian designers who were asked to submit designs to Kate, and were rejected:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australian-designers-that-the-duchess-of-cambridge-rejected/story-fni0cx12-1226890002712

Quote from: cinrit on April 20, 2014, 11:28:40 AM
I can't stand in wedges, much less walk in them.  But my best friend wore them consistently in the 70's, and wears them now.  Some people can, some people can't.  I guess Kate is one who can. :)

Cindy
Just because one can, doesn't mean one should.  :thumbsup: I can't wear wedges either, or high heels (I have a bone disease). I have to admit though, I love Kate's sledges, and the footwear Rebecca Deacon has been wearing.

Lady Adams

cinrit

Wow ... my timer has gone berserk.  According to my screen, Lady Adams, your last two posts were posted around 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM.  It's not nearly that time.  Anyway, my best friend has been wearing wedges for several decades with no incidents, so it's possible that some people just do better on them than others. :shrug:

And now, off to try to figure out what's went weird with the timer on my profile. :hmm:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.