Swedish Monarchy: Articles from 2017

Started by Jennifer, January 02, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

[mod]This thread is for Swedish Monarchy: Articles from 2017.[/mod]

The Swedish Royal Family looked wonderful together for their New Year Day's picture. The children are beautiful! Princess Estelle is growing up very fast.  She is a big girl now.  :wink:

QuoteNew photo of Swedish Royal Family released to mark New Year

A new photo of the entire Swedish Royal Family was released today by the Swedish Royal Court to mark the end of 2016. The photo was taken by Anna-Lena Ahlström this past summer in July at Solliden Palace.

Solliden is the official summer residence of the Swedish Royal Family. It is the personal and private property of His Majesty The King.

The last official photo released by the Royal Court of the entire family was in July 2014. Since then, the family welcomed three new princes: Nicolas (b. 15 June 2015), Oscar (b. 2 March 2016), and Alexander (b. 19 April 2016). They are one-year-old, four-months-old, and three-months-old, respectively, in the newly released photograph.

Read more:
New photo of Swedish Royal Family released to mark New Year – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

royalanthropologist

Are the rumors true that the Swedish King has a mistress called Camilla. I read it somewhere but it seems incredulous. Wonder if someone can confirm or deny??? :eyes:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Jennifer

Unfortunately, I think they're true @royalanthropologist. King Carl Gustuf was a philanderer like King Juan Carlos of Spain and King Albert of Belgium.  He promised his mistress Camilla that he would leave his wife and family for her to live on an island. He lied to her, cheated on his wife and showed how he was a irresponsible king.

From Royal Foibles' Sweden's Nymphomaniacal King:

Among the many former mistresses of the King interviewed for the book, one of them, a buxom and exotically sexy half Nigerian, half Swedish former pop singer named Camilla Henemark, claimed that in the late 90's the bespectacled monarch had fallen so madly in love with her that he promised he'd abandon his wife, family and crown, and they'd run off together to a South Pacific island. Needless to write, His Majesty didn't keep his word.

Link:
Sweden's Nymphomaniacal King - Royal FoiblesRoyal Foibles

QuotePrince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia on private vacation in South Africa

His Royal Highness Prince Carl Philip and Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, brought their son His Royal Highness Prince Alexander on a private vacation to South Africa. They were first discovered by Swedish tourists who had also made the trip to Cape Town, where they met the small royal family while they were out walking along the beach.

South Africa has been an important country, especially for Princess Sofia. A few years ago she started her own charity organisation, Project Playground. She did this with her good friend Frida Vestberg in 2010 and the project is based in South Africa. From the start the project has been a great success for children and young people living in the poorest areas of Cape Town. Princess Sofia has spent much time in Cape Town in the recent years in connection with this project. The Princess bought a separate apartment in the city in 2014, which is not far away from the headquarters of the organisation.

Read more about Princess Sofia's project here.

Read more:
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia on private vacation in South Africa – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

royalanthropologist

Wow, wow and wow again. They are all at it. :eyes: These Kings are real cheaters.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Jennifer

These kings thought they could get away with it all, but they did not. Their secrets were revealed by their mistresses and illegitimate children. They are no different from the married commoner men who cheat on their wives with other women from parties they go to. It seems like having one wife is not enough to satisfy the pleasures of these men. I feel sorry for their wives. They want to divorce, but understand they can't because they have to keep their families in order.

Double post auto-merged: January 04, 2017, 01:23:34 PM

It is no surprise that the palace is haunted because it has a long history where people lived there for hundreds of years. At least it is haunted by friendly ghosts. If I was living in there, I'd still be scared especially at night. I wonder if she and the rest of the family talk to the ghosts and they respond? I heard stories about the ghosts that can communicate directly with living people. Perhaps these are the type of ghosts.

QuoteQueen Silvia says Drottningholm Palace haunted by "friendly ghosts"

In a documentary by SVT, Queen Silvia of Sweden has said that she believes her home of Drottningholm Palace is haunted by "friendly ghosts."

While these ghosts may not be Casper seen in films, Her Majesty explained that they make a person feel as though they are never alone. She said, "There's a lot of history here. There are small friends, ghosts. They're all very friendly, but you sometimes feel that you're not completely alone."

She added that it is "really exciting, but you don't get scared."

Read more:
Queen Silvia says Drottningholm Palace haunted by "friendly ghosts" – Royal Central

TLLK

I find it interesting that the heirs and other children of the well-known philanderers appear to have done everything they can to find a stable and committed relationship ie: Spain-Felipe/Letizia, Belgium-Phillipe/Mathilde, Sweden-Victoria/Daniel

Double post auto-merged: January 04, 2017, 04:02:19 PM

Quote from: Jennifer on January 02, 2017, 09:09:02 AM
This thread is for Swedish Monarchy articles from 2017.

The Swedish Royal Family looked wonderful together for their New Year Day's picture. The children are beautiful! Princess Estelle is growing up very fast.  She is a big girl now.  :wink:

QuoteNew photo of Swedish Royal Family released to mark New Year

A new photo of the entire Swedish Royal Family was released today by the Swedish Royal Court to mark the end of 2016. The photo was taken by Anna-Lena Ahlström this past summer in July at Solliden Palace.

Solliden is the official summer residence of the Swedish Royal Family. It is the personal and private property of His Majesty The King.

The last official photo released by the Royal Court of the entire family was in July 2014. Since then, the family welcomed three new princes: Nicolas (b. 15 June 2015), Oscar (b. 2 March 2016), and Alexander (b. 19 April 2016). They are one-year-old, four-months-old, and three-months-old, respectively, in the newly released photograph.

Read more:
New photo of Swedish Royal Family released to mark New Year – Royal Central
Great family photo of the Swedish royal family. They have had their own baby boom in the last year!

sara8150

Queen Silvia Says Royal Palace Is Haunted by 'Friendly' Ghosts: 'In a Way It's Quite Thrilling'
Sweden's Queen Silvia Says Royal Palace Is Haunted by Ghosts

Double post auto-merged: January 05, 2017, 04:30:37 PM

Queen Silvia reveals Swedish royal palace is haunted by ghosts
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/12017010420044/queen-silvia-swedish-royal-palace-haunted-by-ghosts

Double post auto-merged: January 05, 2017, 04:33:32 PM

Our royal palace is haunted by friendly GHOSTS, claims the Queen of Sweden
Queen of Sweden claims royal palace is haunted by friendly GHOSTS | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 05, 2017, 04:35:58 PM

Sweden's Queen Silvia says palace is haunted by ghosts
Sweden's Queen Silvia says palace is haunted by ghosts - BBC News

Jennifer

Quote from: TLLK on January 04, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
I find it interesting that the heirs and other children of the well-known philanderers appear to have done everything they can to find a stable and committed relationship ie: Spain-Felipe/Letizia, Belgium-Phillipe/Mathilde, Sweden-Victoria/Daniel.

I think it is a miracle that they all managed to stay in committed relationships after the drama that happened between their parents. It is not too often that you hear about the children of cheating parents having stable relationships later on.  I am glad they made what seemed impossible be possible.

QuoteGreat family photo of the Swedish royal family. They have had their own baby boom in the last year!

There is definitely is a baby boom in that family! I cannot believe King Carl Gustuf & Queen Silvia managed to have 5 grandchildren in just 5 years.

Jennifer

QuoteIn just a few days, Donald Trump will become the new President of the United States on 20 January. Like his predecessor, President Barack Obama, this means that he will meet many royal families and reigning monarchs in his time as head of state in the coming years. President Obama has had a good relationship with the Scandinavian royal houses and has met King Harald V of Norway, King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark several times over the past eight years. Will Trump continue to have good relations with the Scandinavian monarchies?

There are many indications that President Trump will maintain a good relationship with all three monarchies. Possibly, Norway and Denmark have closer ties to the United States than Sweden, due to their NATO membership. However, it is precisely Norway and Denmark that have been more sceptical towards Trump as a result of his negative thoughts about NATO. There is a long tradition that the Scandinavian monarchs congratulate the new US president at the inauguration. It will be interesting to see if this happens this year and what is said in the congratulations. Some monarchies congratulated Trump already a few days after the election; none of the Scandinavian monarchies did so.

Read more:
Donald Trump’s relationship with Scandinavia’s royal families – Royal Central

Jennifer

QuoteOpinion: Princess Madeleine fights back against paparazzi in the best way

One of the downsides to being royal are the lack of privacy, media scrutiny, and paparazzi following their every move. Each royal has their own way of dealing with these things. I've often said to friends and coworkers that the Swedish Royal Family has the best outlook and way to deal with the intrusive paparazzi. However, Princess Madeleine – the youngest of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia's three children – fights back against the paparazzi, in what I think is the best way.

In Sweden, Madeleine, who had been dubbed "Party Princess" by some in the Swedish media, was a main target of the hovering paparazzi as she was growing up and as a young adult. Her Royal Highness created a Facebook page to promote the causes close to her heart. She has also used her social media platform to share insights and photos of her private family life.

When she wed Christopher O'Neill in June 2013, pictures of their private honeymoon were published in papers in Sweden. Madeleine responded on her official Facebook page, "We continue to thank everyone for their loving warmth and well wishes regarding our marriage. Sadly, the Swedish tabloid press have taken it upon themselves to destroy our privacy and place private photographs of us in their publications today. The one thing we wish is that, if only for these few days, our privacy can now be respected."

Read more:
Opinion: Princess Madeleine fights back against paparazzi in the best way – Royal Central

Jennifer

QuotePhoto released after 80th birthday celebrations of Princess Birgitta of Sweden

Yesterday, the Swedish Royal Family celebrated the 80th birthday of Princess Birgitta of Sweden at a private party at Drottningholm Palace. Princess Birgitta told Swedish Women's Weekly before the celebrations, "I look forward to it, I hope the party tonight is fantastic!"

Last night after the party, the Royal Court of Sweden released a new image of Princess Birgitta with her siblings: King Carl XVI Gustaf, 70, Princess Christina, 73, Princess Désirée, 78, and Princess Margareta, 82.

Read more:
Photo released after 80th birthday celebrations of Princess Birgitta of Sweden – Royal Central

Jennifer

Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria for being the most popular Swedish royal! She deserves it. I think she has done a marvelous job as a Crown Princess. She has a wonderful husband Prince Daniel that loves her and two beautiful children. I think their marriage is and will continue to be a successful one.

QuoteNew poll shows Crown Princess Victoria is most popular royal in Sweden

A new poll conducted by Pollsters Sifo for Swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning, shows that Crown Princess Victoria is the most popular member of the Swedish Royal Family in Sweden.

Close to 1,200 people were randomly selected and questioned on who their favourite members of the family were. The results showed the Crown Princess as the winner with almost half of individuals selecting her. King Carl XVI Gustaf only was chosen by two out of ten.

The most popular member of the Swedish Royal Family was not the only question asked of the Swedish people in the survey. They were also asked if King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia's youngest child, Princess Madeleine should return to Sweden to live with her husband, Christopher O'Neill and their two children: Princess Leonore, 2, and Prince Nicolas, 1. The responses were mixed with half responding that they didn't know. However, two out of ten said yes they should move from London to Stockholm, while three out of ten said no.

Read more:
New poll shows Crown Princess Victoria is most popular royal in Sweden – Royal Central

TLLK

@Jennifer I have always admired their relationship. Daniel was instrumental in helping Victoria in her recovery from her eating disorder so I believe that their marriage is based upon mutual trust and friendship.

BTW I like the new layout in the other monarchies section with the Scandinavian royals receiving their own forum.

Jennifer

It is true that Prince Daniel has been supportive in helping Crown Princess Victoria recovery from her eating disorder. I think the pressure to be perfect in her family 20 years ago caused her to not fully take care of herself and eat well. Fortunately, Prince Daniel has showed her how to love herself the way she was & not change anything to impress others.  I remember listening to his speech on the wedding day thinking of how romantic of him to express his and Crown Princess Victoria feelings towards each other to hundreds of people. She really is the Princess of his heart! :)  It is not too often nowadays that people would see a husband dedicate himself to his wife like this! I wish there were more men who are like this!! This is a relationship based on true love.

Here's the video of Prince Daniel wonderful speech:

Prince Daniel Speech ...Royal Wedding ....Princess Victoria - YouTube

(I don't mind watching the speech 10 times because it is so beautiful! )

Anyways, it was so tragic what happened to King Carl Gustaf's father.  I can understand why he doesn't talk about it. It's difficult for anyone to have a father die so suddenly like that.  Even though he wasn't faithful to his wife, I am sure she will have enough strength support him & show her love along with the children and grandchildren.

Quote70 years since King Carl Gustaf tragically lost his father

Yesterday, it was 70 years ago that King Carl Gustaf of Sweden lost his father in a tragic accident. The tragic accident happened when the King was only nine months old.

His father, who was Crown Prince of Sweden and heir to the Swedish throne, died in a plane crash on 26 January 1947. The accident happened at Kastrup Airport outside Copenhagen in Denmark. Crown Prince Gustav Adolf was travelling from Amsterdam back to Stockholm, and his plane landed in Copenhagen to allow more passengers on. When the plane landed, the aircraft`s rudder was locked. The lock on the rudder was never taken off, and this was not discovered by the pilot until after he had taken off. Therefore, it was impossible to control the plane and the plane fell from the sky just seconds after it had eased. All 22 people aboard the plane were killed.

Read more:
70 years since King Carl Gustaf tragically lost his father – Royal Central

Curryong

Probably what made this worse was the fact that Princess Sybella (Gustav Adolf's widow and CG's mother) seemed to turn in on herself after her husband's death. From all I've read of her I think she was a rather shy and buttoned up person emotionally anyway, but in her widowhood she doggedly carried on her public duties but in private life had her own set of apartments and wasn't really emotionally or physically close to her children.

She refused to talk about her husband or his death with her offspring and CG apparently grew up a very confused little boy, not really knowing anything about his father or how he died.

I think he has missed having a father 's influence all his life. Considering the life span of many of the Swedish kings Carl Gustav may have been a very different person had his father lived and would probably have come to the throne in middle age.

Of course, had Gustav Adolf been King the CG-Sylvia union would not have taken place in all likelihood and Prince Bertil and Lilian may not ever have married. Fate works in very odd ways.

Jennifer

It is good that Princess Christina has the support of her family and friends to help battle her cancer. People are more stronger and more confident when they know that there are others who care about them when they face the hardest challenges in life.  :happycry:

QuotePrincess Christina talks about cancer diagnosis

Princess Christina of Sweden has opened up about her chronic leukaemia diagnosis last October. She made the comments to the Swedish newspaper, Expressen after supporting her brother, King Carl XVI Gustaf at an event last week.

She said that the endless support from the Swedish Royal Family after her diagnosis had warmed her heart. About their love and encouragement and that of those who have sent their best wishes and prayers from across the world, she said, "I get the support of my immediate family, of course. It feels good. I also get support from friends and from many others I do not even know about."

She added about the support she's received, "It warms the heart, and it feels wonderful. I need it."

Read more:
Princess Christina talks about cancer diagnosis – Royal Central

Chris O'Neil is right! Donald Trump is shameful. He is a racist, xenophobic and sexist man. Nobody should support him. He doesn't deserve to be President.

QuotePrincess Madeleine's American husband calls Trump "shameful"

Princess Madeleine of Sweden's American-British husband, Chris O'Neill, has slammed President Donald Trump on social media calling him "shameful." He made the remarks on his personal Instagram account, which was then shared by a friend, Giancarlo Giammetti for the world to see. It was then immediately picked up by Swedish media. Giancarlo Giammetti is the former honorary president of Valentino.

In his Instagram post, O'Neill said, "On behalf of all sane Americans, I am very sorry for the actions of our shameful president. It is a sad day to be a US citizen.

"Mr President, you are a painfully ignorant human being. You will be the sole cause of the violence and hatred you suggest you are protecting us from. You have neither sense nor sensibility, Sir. #reaganyouain't."

Read more:
Princess Madeleine’s American husband calls Trump “shameful” – Royal Central

Jennifer

I love the pictures of the Crown Princess Family of Sweden.  Princess Estelle is adorable & her brother Prince Oscar is lovely too! They have wonderful parents who are raising them well.  May God bless them all!

QuoteNew photos released of Crown Princess Family of Sweden

The Royal Court of Sweden released two new photos of the Crown Princess Family. They were taken by Anna-Lena Ahlström.

One image is of the family of four while the other features 4-year-old Princess Estelle and 11-month-old Prince Oscar drawing together.

The images were released on all of the Swedish Monarchy's social media channels encouraging viewers to read more about the Swedish Royal Family on their official website. The Information Secretary, Irene Beertema Strömmer told Swedish Women's Weekly that the images were released in coordination with the update of the biographies of the members of the family on the website.

Read more:
New photos released of Crown Princess Family of Sweden – Royal Central

Jennifer

QuoteWho is Princess Leonore of Sweden?

Three months after the wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill, the Swedish Royal Court announced that Princess Madeleine was pregnant with her first child. Madeleine confirmed on her official Facebook in December 2013 that she was expecting a girl. On 20 February 2014, Princess Leonore Lilian Maria was born at the Weill Cornell Medical Centre in New York City.

Due to American laws, by being born on American soil, Leonore is by birth an American citizen, as well as Swedish. She would also have qualified for United States citizenship had she been born outside of the States due to her father's American citizenship.

Six days after her birth, her grandfather, King Carl XVI Gustaf announced her name and title of Duchess of Gotland at a cabinet meeting. It was said that her first name was chosen by her parents simply because they liked the name, but her middle names were selected in honour of her great-great aunt, Princess Lilian and paternal grandmother. A Te Deum service was held in her honour on 2 March in the Royal Chapel of Stockholm Palace. The announcement of the name and title took six days because the King and Queen flew to New York to see their new granddaughter a couple of days after her birth.

Read more:
Who is Princess Leonore of Sweden? – Royal Central

Lothwen

Is Nicholas an American citizen as well?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

^Nicholas was born in Sweden. His father, Chris O'Neil, holds dual British-US citizenship. However his mother, Princess Madeleine, is Swedish and I never heard of her adopting US citiZen ship. In Nicholas's case I would guess he's Swedish.

Jennifer

I hope Prince Estelle had a great birthday. She is so adorable! I love her smile.  :happycry:

QuotePrincess Estelle of Sweden turns five! See the cute photo

A very happy birthday to Princess Estelle of Sweden! The little princess turned five on Thursday, and the Swedish royal family's official Instagram celebrated the occasion by sharing a sweet snap of young royal. In the black-and-white photo, Estelle is lying on the top of a sofa while grinning cheekily at the camera. She looked adorable while wearing a simple jumper with a bow headband, and the sweet snap was captioned: "Today is Princess Estelle 5 years. Congratulations! Happy birthday Princess Estelle, who turns 5 today!"

Fans of the Swedish royals were quick to wish her many happy returns, with one writing: "Congratulations on your day sweet Estelle," while another added: "Hip hip hurray. Wish you a nice day and you many nice gifts." The second-in-line to the throne, who is the eldest and only daughter of the Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland. Princess Estelle's little brother Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne will also shortly be celebrating this birthday. The baby boy will turn one on March 2.

Read more:
Princess Estelle of Sweden turns five! See the cute photo

Princess Estelle is a happy and energetic girl. I think her smile shows how much of a delight she is for her parents and grandparents.

QuoteQueen Silvia talks about "happy and curious" Estelle

Queen Silvia has spoken about her eldest grandchild, five-year-old Princess Estelle to Swedish news, Svenskdam. The Queen has called her grandchildren "life's dessert" in the past.

She is a very proud grandmother and always happy to share information and tidbits about her grandchildren's lives. She makes sure to spend quality time with them and even picks up Estelle occasionally from pre-school. During the summer months, Silvia takes Estelle to the strawberry patch and sandbox at Solliden Palace.

Her Majesty remarked that the young princess, who just turned five on the 23rd, is "so alert, interested, happy and curious. She is just like her mother [Crown Princess Victoria] when she was little."

Read more:
Queen Silvia talks about “happy and curious” Estelle – Royal Central

Jennifer

The Scandinavian royals (especially the Swedish & Danish ones) always have special celebrations for their birthdays! They really know how to host lavish parties. I don't know too many families that have social events quite as extraordinary as that of the Scandinavian ones. There are definitely very memorable milestones for them.

QuoteLarge crowds expected for Victoriadagen this year

Crown Princess Victoria always celebrates her birthday in style, with Victoriadagen on 14 July. This year it's set to draw even bigger crowds as the Norwegian hit duo Marcus and Martinus was booked for the televised celebrations. Marcus and Martinus are 15-year-old twin brothers, who have taken Sweden by storm. They released their debut album Hei in 2015. In November 2016, they released their first English album Together.

However, the pop duo will also add to the security concerns of the event. Security around Victoriadagen is already enormous. During Crown Princess Victoria's birthday, the public is allowed to enter the grounds of Solliden Palace in Öland. Crown Princess Victoria always enjoys the event, and she likes to greet everyone who comes to congratulate her personally. Marcus and Martinus last show in Sweden sold out in 14 minutes, and many fans are expected to descend on Öland. Hotel rooms in the area are already expected to be completely sold out. The event is to be broadcast live.

In addition, since 1979, the Victoria Scholarship is awarded for successful Swedish sporting achievements during Victoriadagen.

Read more:
Large crowds expected for Victoriadagen this year – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: March 03, 2017, 09:37:19 AM

QuoteAdditional photos released of Prince Oscar's birthday celebrations

Last night, the Swedish Royal Family posted three additional images on their Instagram account of the celebrations at Haga Palace for Prince Oscar's first birthday. In the three photos, Oscar is seen enjoying his first birthday cake alongside his family.

The one-year-old spent his birthday surrounded by his family, with the exception of his maternal grandfather, King Carl XVI Gustaf, who was in Finland for the Nordic World Ski Championships. His aunt, Princess Madeleine and her family are currently in Sweden from London, so he was able to celebrate his first birthday with all of his cousins: Princess Leonore and Princes Nicolas and Alexander.

Read more:
Additional photos released of Prince Oscar's birthday celebrations – Royal Central
Prince Oscar of Sweden is spitting image of sister Estelle in 1st birthday portrait

Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne looked simpy adorable in his first birthday portrait! The Swedish royal family shared a snap to celebrate the little prince's birthday on their official Instagram account, writing: "Happy birthday Prince Oscar, who turns 1 today!" In the black-and-white photo, which was taken by the baby boy's mother, Crown Princess Victoria, little Oscar is looking straight at the camera in a close up snap while showing off his baby teeth.

In the portrait, Prince Oscar is the image of his big sister, Princess Estelle, and fans were quick to wish the little boy a happy birthday. One wrote: "Happy birthday Oscar. The first birthday is a very special one." Another added: "Congratulations to cutie Prince Oscar." Little Princess Estelle also celebrated her birthday recently, and turned five on Thursday 23 February. The royal family marked the occasion by sharing a photo of her lying on the top of a sofa while smiling widely, looking simply adorable in a grey dress with a bow in her hair.

Read more:
Prince Oscar of Sweden is spitting image of sister Estelle in 1st birthday portrait

QuotePrince Oscar celebrates 1st birthday

Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne, celebrates his first birthday today. As is tradition of the Swedish Royal Family, a new photo was released in celebration. The black and white photo was released this morning and taken by Crown Princess Victoria.

Just yesterday, Queen Silvia spoke to Svenskdam about his first birthday, "We are obviously very pleased to have little prince Oscar's birthday tomorrow and grandparents naturally have a present but whatever it is, we will not tell. But it will be great fun.

"He's a little fellow that is fun and the parents are very, very proud and we are also as grandparents to see his development. It's fun for one day he looks like his father and other day as her mother! It's very exciting for a lot is happening now."

Read more:
Prince Oscar celebrates 1st birthday – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: March 02, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

QuotePrincess Christina of Sweden to undergo stem cell transplant

It was announced by the Swedish Royal Court this morning that Princess Christina will undergo a stem cell transplant.

In a press release, the Royal Court said, "Princess Christina, Mrs Magnuson has, since October, been treated for blood cancer with regular chemotherapy. The treatment has gone well. But the Princess's blood cancer can not be cured with this treatment because it occurred in bone marrow stem cells that are resistant to chemotherapy.

"In consultation with the family and doctors, the Princess has decided to undergo a stem cell transplant."

Read more:
Princess Christina of Sweden to undergo stem cell transplant – Royal Central

Jennifer

It looks like Crown Princess Victoria enjoyed her name day celebration! A lot of people came to see her! She is lucky to have two important days to celebrate each year. She's the Swedish Crown Princess, so she is very special after all.  :happy:

QuoteCrown Princess Victoria's name day celebrated in Stockholm

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden had annual her name day in Sweden today, and according to tradition, the Crown Princess celebrated today outside the Royal Palace in Stockholm. Before the Crown Princess was celebrated at the Royal Palace, she received a gift from the Royal Flower Foundation. They gave a check of more than 345,000 Swedish kronor to Victoria's foundation that works with children who have a disability.

Hundreds went to the palace to be part of celebrations of the Crown Princess. The celebration was marked in the Royal Palace's inner courtyard. The most eager fans waited for hours to see the Crown Princess and her family. Many of them brought bouquets of flowers with them which they gave to the Crown Princess.

It was recently revealed that Crown Princess Victoria was the most popular member of the Swedish Royal Family. More can be read about it here.

Read more:
Crown Princess Victoria's name day celebrated in Stockholm – Royal Central

Jennifer

QuoteBaby Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle steal the show at mum Victoria's name day

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden celebrated her 'name day' at the Swedish palace with crowds of supporters on Sunday. The royal was joined by her husband, Prince Daniel, and their two children, Princess Estelle, five, and Prince Oscar, who has recently turned one. The little ones stole the show together, looking as cute as ever while wrapped up in coats and hats as they enjoyed 'Victoria day'. The day is celebrated every year on March 12 as each calendar day in Sweden is attached to a person's name, with numerous links to royals.

Victoria looked elegant as she was honoured with flowers and a traditional gun salute. Princess Estelle joined her 39-year-old mum on stage with a huge smile while holding on to a bouquet of flowers tightly as the Swedish royals greeted well-wishers in front of the palace. Meanwhile, Prince Daniel held on to his children as they accepted gifts and flowers from the crowd. The royal siblings have had an exciting few weeks as they have both celebrated birthdays, and had brand new portraits released to mark their special days.

Prince Oscar, who turned one on March 2, was the image of his sister in a black-and-white photo which was taken by Princess Victoria, while Estelle lay on the top of a sofa for her birthday photo, grinning cheekily at the camera. She looked adorable while wearing a simple jumper with a bow headband, and the sweet snap was captioned: "Today is Princess Estelle 5 years. Congratulations! Happy birthday Princess Estelle, who turns 5 today!" Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle's cousin Princess Leonore also recently turned three, and her mum Princess Madeleine celebrated by sharing photos of her daughter in the Swedish palace while holding balloons. She wrote: "Happy Birthday Sweet Leonore! You make us smile every day."

Read more:
Baby Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle steal the show at mum Victoria's name day