William and Kate To Attend the Commonwealth Observance

Started by cinrit, February 26, 2015, 03:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

According to Majesty Magazine, William and Kate will attend the Commonwealth Observerance with the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, and Camilla at  Camilla at Westminster Abbey on March 9th.

From Twitter:

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy  8m8 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will also attend the #Commonwealth Observance @WAbbey - the biggest multi-faith celebration in the UK

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Likely one of Kate's last engagements before the birth of her second child.

Canuck

I think there's a good chance we'll see her at the St. Patrick's Day event as well, though that may depend on when in April she's due.

TLLK

I'd forgotten about that event so I agree she'll be there if she can.

Canuck

And then a few days later, Will and Kate (this time joined by Harry) will be at St. Paul's Cathedral for a service of commemoration to mark the end of the Afghanistan mission.  Richard Palmer on Twitter: "William, Kate and Harry will join the Queen and other royals at St Paul's Cathedral on March 13 to mark the end of

TLLK

^^^IMHO very important that the generation that is serving overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan be recognized and represented by the members of the BRF from that age group.

FanDianaFancy

Isn't this    yearly ceremonial  thing?

I am not knocking it. 

Curryong

Yes it is. It's a continuance of the old Empire Day. There's always a service in Westminster Abbey for it and the Queen and Philip and other royals attend. This year is important because it's the end of British armed forces service in Afghanistan.

There are other functions and observances attached to Commonwealth Day. In the months before a Commonwealth Games a baton relay begins on CD, presided over by the Queen. It begins in London, wends its way to the home country.

In All I Do

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on February 28, 2015, 06:54:42 AM
Isn't this    yearly ceremonial  thing?

I am not knocking it.

The Commonwealth observance is annual, though this will be the first time that W&K have attended. For the past few years, it's usually been HM, PP, PC, Cam and Sophie (and sometimes Edward)

The service at St. Paul's is obviously happening for the first time. Time will tell whether they decide to continue marking the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Though it's happening within a week of Commonwealth Day, I don't think it's related - observing the end of military operations and the Commonwealth are obviously different things.

sara8150

Quote from: Canuck on February 26, 2015, 04:08:20 PM
I think there's a good chance we'll see her at the St. Patrick's Day event as well, though that may depend on when in April she's due.

We have wait and see if Kate not scheduled on engagement event before baby born you find out on March she will be eight month pregnant and nearly third trimester

v_voom

All the huggings,smiles, kisses and warm embraces.....do I smell damage control?
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

cate1949

some will take the pink as a baby girl message

I really dislike her fascinators - they are okay on a younger woman but she is past the ingénue stage - this one she is wearing today just looks silly

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: v_voom on March 09, 2015, 04:10:30 PM
All the huggings,smiles, kisses and warm embraces.....do I smell damage control?

Though no one knows behind  the walls, in private what  is  going on, on the outside there, this  all looks  a bit  contrived. Had  they done this  all the time before, then ok
They  had never  to rarely  did   this air kissy- huggy  act before.

For  us common people,  we  do , my  family, we  do this  all the time.

What  reality  we do know is, NATURALLY,  K  is closer  to  her  family  than  her father-in-law  and  his wife.
NATURALLY, after she  has  HER babay, she  will go  to her Mothers. NATRALLY, when she ahs  her babay,  princess or not, her  MOTHEr  will see  her, can she  in  stages  of undress,  feeding her child, helpingher inthese ways  that  NATURALLY, of course,  Camm  cannot.
NATURALLY,  K will be  more  comfortable cared  by  at her  other's house than any  of the palaces  /estates-KP, AHall, and  even with  all the staff.
Of course,  K will have  private  nurses  round  the clock at her mother's houses. Of course, her  mother ahs  housekeepers. Of course security  will be  posted all around, on the roof, etc.
Still, K  will have  her  mother help her in and out  of the shower...cup her  some  tea, apply cabbage leaves  or warm /cold towels,whatever,  rub her  lower back, apply  creams...etc.
Sorry  for  going way too deep  there to  make a  point, but  it is true and just NAUTURAL.

Cammy  has and did  so whatever for HER daughter, Laura.
I  know we talked about before over and over, but  once again, first time BRF  ever  has  had  a  RP, and next one up to have a real family unit.
PD  had no other really  so to speak and a father  who was  of the establishment and from a  long time ago.
Sarah' mother  was long gone  to  and lived in a different hemisphere even let alone another  country.  Talk about  a  two-day  time for  air travel.

Regardless  about K being so close to her family and PW  too,  PC  should be that  child often.  Kor W  does not even need to be there. Nanny, driver, security,  and the baby.
That  is  good for weekly  , some kind  of regular visits per  PC's schedule.

Canuck

Quote from: cate1949 on March 09, 2015, 04:34:06 PM
some will take the pink as a baby girl message

I really dislike her fascinators - they are okay on a younger woman but she is past the ingénue stage - this one she is wearing today just looks silly

Hopefully no one will be silly enough to think it's a message about the baby's gender, since Kate wore the same outfit while pregnant with George.

I generally like the fascinators, but I'm not a fan of this one at all.  I am glad to see her in the pink coat again, as it's a very simple, well-tailored piece that I like quite a bit.

TLLK

Which works for this stage in her pregnancy just like it did with George. :thumbsup:

cinrit

QuoteDid Kate Middleton Just Reveal the Gender of Her Baby with Her Latest Outfit?

With only one month left until her due date, Kate Middleton and Prince William have yet to reveal their second baby's gender, but if the Duchess's latest outfit is any indication, things are looking pink.

Middleton stepped out in London today to celebrate Commonwealth Day at London's Westminster Abbey. The soon-to-be mother of two looked positively radiant in a prim pink Alexander McQueen coat with a Peter Pan collar, which she paired with a fascinator, minaudière, and pumps in the same blush hue. Could this all-pink outfit mean that royal baby No. 2 will be a princess? Only time will tell.

More: Kate Middleton Steps Out in Pale Pink Coat and Hat | InStyle

Cindy

Macrobug

Knew that article was coming.  <_<   How soon they forget she wore the same coat while pregnant with George.  Anything to fill white space. 

Like the headpiece from straight on.  Not from the side.  Or with the hairstyle.  Like that style just not with that hat. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

Okay I thought those barely there headband things were fascinators. Isn't this a hat?

cinrit

QuoteDuchess Kate and Prince Charles As Close As Ever Despite Tiff Reports

If the Duchess of Cambridge and her father-in-law Prince Charles have been upset by reports of a family toff they certainly weren't showing it as they attended the Commonwealth Day Service. There appeared to be no animosity between the two as they kissed each other in greeting and talked together animatedly, despite recent reports which have suggested that Prince Charles is unhappy with the amount of time he gets to spend with his grandson, Prince George.

Touching Charles's shoulder with familiarity, the Duchess, née Kate Middleton, looked to be in the middle of a funny story, as Charles, the heir to the throne, closed his eyes in laughter.

It's a frequent scene between the two. From garden parties at Buckingham Palace to joint charity engagements, the pair, who have known each other for over a decade, are regularly caught in the middle of conversation - often with Charles in the middle of a chuckle.

More: Kate Middleton and Prince Charles prove friendship with laughter - hellomagazine.com

Cindy

Lady Adams

I think this is the first pregnancy coat we've seen her recycle. It's not my favorite, but I'm glad to see her reuse such an expensive piece.

I didn't love her hat (I wish she had repeated this one.)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Macrobug

Quote from: TLLK on March 09, 2015, 10:38:12 PM
Okay I thought those barely there headband things were fascinators. Isn't this a hat?

I have no idea but I am more inclined to call this one a hat.
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

I heard those referred to as "perchers." Which upon hearing that term automatically makes me think of Neville Longbottom's grandmother's hat with a stuffed vulture on top. :lol:

Macrobug

That sounds just about right for Bea or Eugenie.  :hehe:

I LOVE  the coat that QE wore.  Looked fantastic. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

QuoteAll Smiles for the Cameras: Pregnant Kate Gets a Kiss from the In-Laws After Charles Complained He Doesn't See Enough of George

With just weeks rather than months to go until her due date, the Duchess of Cambridge isn't exactly taking things easy. She's got a few days of scheduled engagements ahead of her, including a trip to Margate and the set of Downton Abbey. But she didn't have to venture too far today!

She's at Westminster Abbey with the Queen for a service celebrating the Commonwealth and she was of course dressed as beautifully as ever. She's been wearing blue a lot lately, which made us think perhaps it was a hint that she's expecting another little prince. But now she's thrown us right off by wearing a pretty shade of pink!
The apparent closeness of the two couples is at odds with reports last week that Charles has been left unhappy by what he describes as 'the March of the Middletons' and his concern over what he sees as his 'peripheral' role in his grandson's life.

More: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's in-law Prince Charles complained he doesn't see enough of George | Daily Mail Online

Cindy