Prince William voted"most admired" Royal in Canada

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, September 25, 2016, 11:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Prince William ‘most admired’ royal in Canada – Royal Central

In the same research, nearly 38 percent (four in ten people) thought William was the best choice to be Canada's next King and Head of State, while the current heir apparent, Prince Charles, and the fifth to the throne, Prince Harry, received the support of 11 percent each.

Sorry Charlie, we wants Wills as our next king, eh?  :thumbsup:  :partaay: :lol:  :teehee:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

The article mentioned: the appearance of Prince William and his glamorous wife on the scene...galvanized popular interest in the succession again.     
Please explain galvanized.  :Lothwen: :Lothwen: :Lothwen: :Lothwen: :Lothwen:

Duch_Luver_4ever

gal·va·nize
ˈɡalvəˌnīz/
verb
past tense: galvanized; past participle: galvanized

shock or excite (someone), typically into taking action.
    "the urgency of his voice galvanized them into action"
    synonyms:   jolt, shock, startle, impel, stir, spur, prod, urge, motivate, stimulate, electrify, excite, rouse, arouse, awaken; More
    invigorate, fire, animate, vitalize, energize, exhilarate, thrill, catalyze, inspire, light a fire under;
    informalgive someone a shot in the arm
    "the reverend's words galvanized our group into action"
    coat (iron or steel) with a protective layer of zinc.
    "an old galvanized bucket"

So basically popular interest has been coated with a layer of zinc LOLZ

But seriously, the media combo of the Cambridges and Justin Trudeau is PR dynamite for all of them. After all he is Diana's son, so he should understand the power of the media, but he also understands it allows a lot of impact for what he wants accomplished. I know theres a lot of non love for them here, but when i look at the way the current crop in charge were raised and how they mad disasters of their personal lives, I dont think just racking up a bunch of lame ribbon cuttings is the way to go.

Until such times as any future scandals arise, they SEEM to be balancing royal, working and family life and will hopefully raise much better adjusted young royals who wont have the problems their grandparents and great aunts and uncles have.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.