Princess Charlotte General Chat

Started by sara8150, May 02, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Jennifer

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their daughter! I wish them all the best.

It's a girl! Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, is 'doing well' after giving birth to her second child weighing 8lbs 3oz

The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby girl, Kensington Palace has confirmed.

The princess was born at 8.34am this morning weighing 8lbs 3oz, with the Duke of Cambridge present for her birth.
Kensington Palace announced the birth shortly after 11am, some five hours after Kate was admitted to the private Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in Paddington.
The Duchess and her newborn daughter are both 'doing well', a palace spokesman said.

Read more: Kate Middleton's new Royal Baby is a GIRL | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 02, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

QuoteKate gives birth to baby girl

Britain has a new Princess after the Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, gave birth to her second child with Prince William by her side. Prince George's little sister was born on 2 May at 8:34 am in the exclusive Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital, London, weighing 8lbs 3oz.

"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a daughter at 8.34am," Kensington Palace announced on Twitter. "The baby weighs 8lbs 3oz. The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.

"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry & members of both families have been informed. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."

Read more:
Kate Middleton gives birth to baby girl - hellomagazine.com
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Canuck

Congratulations to them!   :flower:  :thumbsup:

And how wonderful that it's a girl!  I think Will and Kate really wanted a daughter this time, though they didn't say so as publicly as Charles.   :wink:  It will be nice for the public to have a little girl to watch grow up, the last princess bornin the direct line of succession was Anne in 1950.

plattenchant

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their daughter! God Bless Them!
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

Canuck

Will just left the hospital, looking absolutely thrilled (he said "very happy" in response to something a reporter yelled) and drove himself away.  He's going to see Prince George, and KP has said he's hoping to bring George back with him but will make a decision once he sees George.  Fingers crossed he's feeling cooperative!

aarteepotnis

I LOVED the tiny waves George gave to the cameras ! he's grown up so much since we saw his last pictures - such a cute child !!

I did have a feeling we would get a photography with all four of them ( mentioned that on twitter ) looks like that may happen ! ---> Face of the New Royal family ... what a picture !!!

aarteepotnis

George looks a total mixture of William and Catherine - his facial structure nose down is like baby kate ( old picture in the newspapers) - but there is a tint of grandad michael middleton too . hair and everything else is all william

Curryong

George is such a cutie. He did look a bit overcome, which is probably why he didn't want to walk. All those cameras pointed at you...! He managed a wave or two and it was good Will gave him a reassuring kiss. I agree, I think he is very much a mix of William and Mike Middleton.

TLLK

^^^I agree @Curryong that an environment that many older children and adults would find intimidating would be overwhelming to a under two-year old. He probably felt more secure with his father. He still looks like he is going to favor Grandpa Mike  to me.

I'm sure he'll be happy to see his mum again.

Double post auto-merged: May 02, 2015, 04:17:58 PM

This was a quick labor and delivery for her second child. I wonder if they will try for a third?

Jenee

Aww a little girl :)

I'm wondering though, is it still cold in the UK? William and George are both wearing sweaters!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Canuck

Kate looks incredible.  I can't believe she only gave birth ten hours ago!  Lovely dress, lovely wrap and little cap on the baby, and I'm sure the media got wonderful pictures.

I read somewhere that they weren't doing a press conference (as they did while holding George outside the hospital last time around) because it's too chilly today.  Understandable that they don't want the little one outside for too long, but I'm glad it was warm enough to do the traditional photo call (I wonder what would happen if a Royal baby was ever born in January -- maybe there's an inside space at the hospital they could meet the press?).  It was a nice touch to bring George by for pictures, and Will was very sweet with him.

Anyway, both Will and Kate look absolutely thrilled, and the baby girl looks very sweet.  Congratulations to them both!

cate1949

babies will wipe the cynicism away won't they?  I am surprised at the smile on my face right now - she is a darling (well all little ones are) and Kate and Will look genuinely so happy.

George seemed a bit intimidated by the strangeness of it all and a bit curious too.  Oh his life is about to change!

Please do not make us wait too long for the name!

Tower of London is bathed in pink lights and HMS Lancaster sent out a pic of sailors spelling "sister" on the deck.

Kate looked great - understandably a bit tired. 

TLLK

Quote from: x-Goody2Shoes-x on May 02, 2015, 05:01:50 PM
@Jenee Certainly is! Weather is infamous for changing moods in the UK and today it's freezing!

Double post auto-merged: May 02, 2015, 05:24:02 PM

Just watched the Duke and Duchess leaving the hospital with the Princess on the news with my family. She looks extremely well! I love her dress. Hairdresser has obviously been in. Very different atmosphere to George's presentation - much quieter, more sombre. They only brought her out as far as the steps, couple of waves, then back in to strap her in the car seat and leave. Hopefully they'll be bonding nicely at home soon.
Thanks for the weather update @x-Goody2Shoes-x. I can see why little princess has her cap on snugly. It's going to be a busy next few days for the Cambridges as they settle in their new daughter. Grand-parents, great-grandparents,  and more family will be coming through to meet the newest member of the family.  :)

tiaras

She is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge!   :partaay:

I love the name Charlotte  :vday2: a little sad they put Diana in her name that was uneccecary it is too early imo.

Double post auto-merged: May 04, 2015, 02:08:14 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. @Kensingtonroyal

Double post auto-merged: May 04, 2015, 02:09:47 PM

BREAKING: The royal baby's names have been announced as Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. She'll be known as Princess Charlotte of Cambridge.
via @RoyalCentral

Canuck

Yes, the Middletons are represented in the names as well:  Charlotte is Pippa's middle name, and Elizabeth is Kate's and Carole's middle name.

As for Harry:  if he wishes, he could of course use Diana as a middle name (or even first name) for his daughter(s) as well.  There are many current British Royals with Elizabeth as a middle name -- unlike using it as a first name where only one member of the family gets it, middle names are frequently used multiple times in the BRF.

HereditaryPrincess

What a beautiful name! I especially love Charlotte Elizabeth, and it's very predictable that Diana is included. Whilst I don't like Diana as a name, it's nice to include it in Princess Charlotte's name, as Princess Diana meant a lot to William (and Harry, of course). Charlotte is a royal name and also Pippa's middle name so it's actually quite meaningful for the Cambridges.

Everything with Princess Charlotte feels like it has taken much longer than it was with Prince George, to the point where it really did feel like they were going to do a Danish RF and announce the name at the christening.

Oh, and can I just say - I really like the names Charlotte and George together.  :vday2:

wannable

New pics by Kate of Princess Charlotte
Released by KP via Twitter

Twitter

LouisFerdinand

it is sweet that Princess Charlotte already has a doll with her name.   
Also it is special that her mother the Duchess has a doll named Catherine.   
:) :nod: :flower: :) :nod: :flower: :mask7: :mask7: :mask7:

amabel

Possibley she will, but it will be after Anne is gone...

Curryong

^ It can't happen until William is King anyway, and considering how healthy Anne is and how long lived the Windsors are it could well be another thirty years or more before Charlotte becomes Princess Royal.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on February 20, 2016, 07:56:23 PM
^ It can't happen until William is King anyway, and considering how healthy Anne is and how long lived the Windsors are it could well be another thirty years or more before Charlotte becomes Princess Royal.
Charles could make Charlotte Princess royal surely if he wished, if she was the senior daughter in the royal line. Obviously not if Anne was alive.. But if Anne was gone and C was king, I can see him possibly giving the honour to Charlotte if she was at a sutiable age.

Trudie

I assume given history that the title Princess Royal is within the gift of the Sovereign for their eldest female daughter. I'm positive that William when he is King will bestow this title on Charlotte once Anne has passed on.

Curryong

As far as I know the title Princess Royal has only been given to the eldest daughter of the sovereign. In medieval times the older daughter status (though of course there was no styling of Princess Royal) was specifically protected and sleeping with her was a treasonous act punishable by death. Boy, did Tim Lawrence take a risk! This law was only rescinded in 1998!

TLLK

^^^Hadn't considered that would be a treasonous act in the 29th century @Curryong. Thanks for the history lesson everyone. :)

amabel

As I recall sleeping with the wife of the King or POW was also a treasonous offence.. and that didn't stop a few men. and I'm sure Anne's had other relationship's.  but with regard to the P Royal title, yes it may only have been given to the daughter of the sovereign, but Charles has no daughters and he might well like to honour his eldest grand daughter..  I don't think that there is anting to FORBID its beign given to a grand daughter if there is no daughter...