Why was Camilla added to the Privy Council?

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 10, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on September 17, 2016, 06:09:10 AM
Quote from: Trudie on September 13, 2016, 12:18:33 AM
Anyone here that doesn't believe Camilla doesn't want the Queen Consort Title IMO is living in fantasyland. Camilla didn't work as hard as she did as mistress  of Charles to undermine the marriage of Charles and Diana. Once it was clear that it was possible for Charles to divorce and still remain in line to the throne so too did the possibility of them being able to marry once the Queen Mother passed away. Princess Anne paved the way with her second marriage as they both learned from the divorce public opinion goes a long way and Bolland did his job at the expense of others to make Camilla palatable.
Honestly I don't think she has ever cared about the title as long as she ended up with Charles.  (Guess this statement marks me as a permanent resident of fantasyland.) :happy17: However it doesn't really matter if she's titled  Princess Consort or Queen as she's still going to be considered as   the wife of the Head of State.  :Jen:
I doubt she'd have given Charles the time of day if he had not been Prince of Wales. She did "end up" with Charles as his mistress before, during and after her marriage.  It is immaterial about what she is "considered," not everybody thinks well of the woman to put it mildly.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on September 19, 2016, 12:54:05 AM
Quote from: TLLK on September 17, 2016, 06:09:10 AM
Quote from: Trudie on September 13, 2016, 12:18:33 AM
Anyone here that doesn't believe Camilla doesn't want the Queen Consort Title IMO is living in fantasyland. Camilla didn't work as hard as she did as mistress  of Charles to undermine the marriage of Charles and Diana. Once it was clear that it was possible for Charles to divorce and still remain in line to the throne so too did the possibility of them being able to marry once the Queen Mother passed away. Princess Anne paved the way with her second marriage as they both learned from the divorce public opinion goes a long way and Bolland did his job at the expense of others to make Camilla palatable.
Honestly I don't think she has ever cared about the title as long as she ended up with Charles.  (Guess this statement marks me as a permanent resident of fantasyland.) :happy17: However it doesn't really matter if she's titled  Princess Consort or Queen as she's still going to be considered as   the wife of the Head of State.  :Jen:
I doubt she'd have given Charles the time of day if he had not been Prince of Wales. She did "end up" with Charles as his mistress before, during and after her marriage.  It is immaterial about what she is "considered," not everybody thinks well of the woman to put it mildly.
:lol: Sadly for Charles there is likely a list of ladies who would "not have given Charles the time of day had he not been Prince of Wales."

As for how Camilla will be considered by members of the British government, foreign dignitaries, and other Heads of State, I believe that she will be treated as the wife of the reigning monarch.  :) In the 21st century I don't find it hard to  believe that most will have met a women who have been divorced, romantically involved with and later married to a second or even third husband.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Im sure foreign dignitaries, heads of state, etc. wont make a scene, look at how many reprobate politicians get a warm state welcome. I believe what the other posters are referring to @TLLK  is what the general public feel about her. She does kind of have shades of Hamlets uncle, pouring poison in the ear of the prior marriage so she can step in and take the previous occupants place.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Eri

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on September 18, 2016, 08:14:28 PM
In a great case of royalty governing by the consent of the people, the people only recognize one Princess of Wales, and she rests at Althorp. Neither C or C are gonna weather that bread roll storm so close to HM shuffling off her mortal coil and Charlie getting to finally sit at the big boy table.
No one "owns" that Title as both Kate and George's wife will be Princesses of Wales one Day and it will go on and on ... again ... the woman has everything her heart desires and isn't bothered no matter how much Di fans want her to be ...

Duch_Luver_4ever

If thats so why hasnt she taken the title? Because all of Mark Bollands media spin work would be undone. If theyd have tried it in 2005 that pic of them in their car being jostled during a protest would have been childs play. Until William is next in line and made PoW and Kate takes over as PoW, the people of UK and the world will always see Diana as Princess of Wales. Camilla is the Tonya Harding of royalty (all you millennials who drank the Bolland kool aid will have to look up that reference or ask your parents  :lol:)

Once the BRF wanted us to believe the taxpayer funded fairytale, and then they decided to chuck it down the loo, im afraid they are stuck with people seeing Diana that way, Camilla will always be the trollop he banged on the side that guilted him into marriage after Charles was an idiot and ruined her marriage with APB by outing the whole situation.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Trudie

Forget about the title Camilla is being given the courtesy of being the wife of the heir who can now take the throne at anytime in the near future given the age of The Queen. Charles didn't spend all that money to rehab Camilla to sideline her now that he is virtually within a heart beat of becoming The King.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well Charles DID hit a deer with his car  recently @Trudie , we can only hope the deer will be more skillful next time, although those pesky SUV's are so darn safe..... :lol:

Eri

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on September 19, 2016, 05:20:27 PM
If thats so why hasnt she taken the title? Because all of Mark Bollands media spin work would be undone. If theyd have tried it in 2005 that pic of them in their car being jostled during a protest would have been childs play. Until William is next in line and made PoW and Kate takes over as PoW, the people of UK and the world will always see Diana as Princess of Wales. Camilla is the Tonya Harding of royalty (all you millennials who drank the Bolland kool aid will have to look up that reference or ask your parents  :lol:)

Once the BRF wanted us to believe the taxpayer funded fairytale, and then they decided to chuck it down the loo, im afraid they are stuck with people seeing Diana that way, Camilla will always be the *** he banged on the side that guilted him into marriage after Charles was an idiot and ruined her marriage with APB by outing the whole situation.
She HAS TAKEN the Title the minute she married him as HE is the only one who owns that Title and whoever marries him has it she just doesn't use it ... as for people's reaction to whenever she starts using it ... well ... hate to break it to you but you would be alone in taking into the streets if that happens as no one under 40 cares about a woman who died 20 Years ago ...

Trudie

^ Apparently Eri you care very much for a woman who died 20 years ago you seem more then willing to bash her every chance you get. As for the Title Charles doesn't own it the crown does and it is not an automatic title bestowed on the heir at birth or in Charles case once his mother ascended the throne unlike the Duke of Cornwall title.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: @Trudie also Eri, if no one cares about her using it, then why hasnt she taken it when she clearly has no problem stepping into a dead womans shoes? She knows till Charles warms the throne, she still needs to play on the publics good graces. Especially if chuck keeps smacking into deer, one of these days his luck may run out  :notworthy:, and if so we'll see how much the press spin of W&H liking her will be real. She may want to call up Raine to see what kind of bin bags will hold her stuff best, as it wouldnt surprise me if the boy's Spencer heritage kicks in and they give her stuff the old heave ho  :lol: :teehee: :lol:

Eri

^ The reason she doesn't use the Title is out of respect for Will and Harry not the public ... the woman knows she will never be miss popularity and never cared ...

Trudie

The reason she doesn't use it is not out of respect for Will and Harry it is because the Queen is the one who decides the formal title. Search Camilla's title and you will see why and it all had to due to public sentiment for Diana. The HRH had the Queen chosen to do it could have been withheld as well like The Duchess of Windsor since that is also at the discretion of the Monarch.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: @Trudie  although im sure the kids would say Wallis Simpson is SO 20th century LOLZ somehow I doubt she doesnt take the title out of respect for W&H, ill bet she views them as another woman's encumbrances on her previous arrangement. More likely shes currying Charles favor by trying to make his life easier, and tiptoe around the BRF until he either gets the crown or gets skewered by a deer.

Despite what gets thrown around in the press by C&C, we'll see the real deal when/if they take the throne.

Eri

Quote from: Trudie on September 25, 2016, 05:05:05 PM
The reason she doesn't use it is not out of respect for Will and Harry it is because the Queen is the one who decides the formal title. Search Camilla's title and you will see why and it all had to due to public sentiment for Diana. The HRH had the Queen chosen to do it could have been withheld as well like The Duchess of Windsor since that is also at the discretion of the Monarch.
From Wiki
1.After becoming Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla automatically acquired rank as the second highest female in the United Kingdom Order of Precedence (after the Queen)

2.Because the title Princess of Wales became strongly associated with the previous holder of that title, Diana, Camilla has adopted the feminine form of her husband's highest-ranking subsidiary title, Duke of Cornwall, although legally she is Princess of Wales

if Prince Charles becomes king,[216][217] Clarence House stated on the occasion of their wedding in 2005 that it is intended that Camilla will adopt the unprecedented style of Princess Consort instead.[218] The title is similar to the style of Prince Albert. This is not the same usage as her father-in-law, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, who does not hold the title of Prince Consort although he was created a Prince of the United Kingdom by his wife, Queen Elizabeth II.

The Queen has showered Camilla with Titles and has never said she isn't what she indeed is which is PRINCESS OF WALES so I don't get what you are saying there ... some really need to get over how they feel about the woman and face reality ...

Trudie

This is the best you can google the unreliable Wikipedia I suggest you search further.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: @Trudie also it seems as ive touched on other posts, that all the royals under the Queen that are married, except for Anne are going by their Duke or Earl title. Given the recent talk by Ingrid Seward about how Charles feared for his life after Dianas death, he was not eager to raise the public's wrath when it was still a big triumph to get people to try and accept his backstabbing, treacherous lover as his new wife.

Eri

Quote from: Trudie on September 27, 2016, 02:25:35 PM
This is the best you can google the unreliable Wikipedia I suggest you search further.
No fan of Wiki myself but those are hard core facts about Cam's Titles ... no need to search further as every site on the Internet would give me the same results ...

Trudie

^ No they are only hard core facts to you and let us not forget Camilla still has to curtsy to Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie when old Charlie isn't with her. This was set forth by the Queen and BTW The Queen didn't shower her with titles she as Charlies wife takes on the feminine form of his titles just as a commoner takes on her husbands name as Mrs. Thomas Jones get the concept now?

TLLK

Quote from: Trudie on October 09, 2016, 02:50:24 AM
^ No they are only hard core facts to you and let us not forget Camilla still has to curtsy to Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie when old Charlie isn't with her. This was set forth by the Queen and BTW The Queen didn't shower her with titles she as Charlies wife takes on the feminine form of his titles just as a commoner takes on her husbands name as Mrs. Thomas Jones get the concept now?
I've read that Anne was annoyed that she had to curtsy to her former sisters-in-law who outranked her as Princess of Wales and Duchess of York. When Edward married Sophie this now meant that Anne would have another commoner sister-in-law that she'd have to curtsy to again. AFAIK this had been an issue from the 1980's and 1990's and was not in response to Charles' marriage to Camilla.  :Jen:

Trudie

True but the issue wasn't resolved until Camilla married in which speaks volumes 6 years after Sophie married Edward and at the time Sophie until the Queen mothers death was third lady in the land moving up to number two.