Máxima and Mathilde together at the Queen Elisabeth Competition

Started by Jennifer, May 27, 2016, 11:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I like seeing Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde together at royal events. They work well as a team. I think this Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition is a good way for other people to discover the talents of the young talented musicians and give them many opportunities.

QuoteQueen Máxima is Wednesday night at the invitation of Queen Mathilde of Belgium at one of the final evenings of the Queen Elisabeth piano competition 2016. Both of them are present in the Palace of fine arts in Brussels.

The international contest is aimed at talented young musicians to help at the launch of an international career, by giving them the chance to act for a very wide audience. The contest has alternately editions for violin, piano, singing and cello for next year.

Read more translated:
www.vorsten.nl/2016/05/25/koninginnen-samen-bij-elisabethwedstrijd/ - Translator
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Squirrel

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Jennifer

I agree, Squirrel. Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima can pass as sisters. Since they are close friends, I think they have a sister-like bond.

I like this video of the sisters visiting the Sculpture Exhibition Vormidable in The Hague, last year:

Queens Máxima & Mathilde in Den Haag - YouTube

QuoteExciting piano-evening for Mathilde

Queen Mathilde is experiencing an exciting evening Saturday. At Bozar, the Centre for fine arts in Brussels, the last two finalists of the Queen Elisabeth music competition's turn. Afterwards, will be announced who the prestigious competition, which this year the piano, has won.

Mathilde has as patron of the competition a lot of performances attended. Last month she went listening along with husband King Philip, Wednesday, she was accompanied by Queen Máxima and Thursday if son Prince Gabriel along to the concert. On the other final nights it was the turn of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire and to Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz to pianists.

Read more translated:
www.vorsten.nl/2016/05/28/spannende-piano-avond-voor-mathilde/ - Translator
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston