When will Prince William Take on another Title ?

Started by stepperry, August 25, 2017, 05:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepperry

Will Prince William use a regal name be William V and will The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles be Charles III?

Curryong

^ Monarchs of Great Britain can in theory choose any of their forenames as their regnal name. However, that has only usually happened when their first name was inappropriate/never been used by an English King/Queen before. (Victoria's first name was Alexandrina.) There was a lot of talk a few years back that Charles wanted to be King George VII, as he didn't like being identified with an ill-starred Royal name and dynasty (the Stuarts.) However, that's all died down now and I expect him to be King Charles III. It would be a bit odd IMO if, at the age of 70 plus years on this earth, Charles decided to morph into a King George on succeeding to the throne. William's forebears of that name weren't a particularly exciting lot after the Conquerer, but I expect, if the monarchy is still around, that William will be William V.

SophieChloe

Where is this lazy git and his lazy wife?  I'm mean come on when where they last seen doing stuff all?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

amabel

Quote from: stepperry on August 25, 2017, 05:21:58 AM
Will Prince William use a regal name be William V and will The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles be Charles III?
Eventually yes Charles will be King and will problaby be Charles III. in time, if the monarchy lasts, William too will be King...

TLLK

Quote from: stepperry on August 25, 2017, 05:21:58 AM
Have to agree with @Curryong and @amabel that William V will be William's future name, but I'm not sure about Charles going with Charles III. Still believe that he'd prefer George VII.

Trudie

I too believe Charles will be Crowned as King Charles III and once he is crowned the next title for William will be POW as well as Charles other current titles. William will also when he is crowned become King William. Charles in his case is pushing 70 and to the public he has always been known as Charles it would be very difficult for him and the public to identify him by any other of his names. The last King to not be known by his first name was his grandfather who chose his regal name of George following the abdication of his brother to continue with the values and example of duty with that of his father George V.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on August 27, 2017, 03:56:55 PM
Have to agree with @Curryong and @amabel that William V will be William's future name, but I'm not sure about Charles going with Charles III. Still believe that he'd prefer George VII.
ther'es no real evidence, that I know of that he's ever said that he wants to take the name George.  The only thing I've ever read is that he used to ask girlfriends to call him Arthur.. I think its one of these urban myths..