Princess Charlene's Monaco Nightmare

Started by cinrit, September 16, 2014, 12:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteShe looked miserable at her wedding to Prince Albert, and the bitching and rumors around Princess Charlene of Monaco haven't abated just because she's pregnant.
With all the fuss around Kate Middleton's happy gestational news, you could be forgiven for thinking that there's only one Royal pregnancy in western Europe right now. You'd be mistaken. Princess Charlene of Monaco, the athletic, South African bride of Prince Albert, is also with child.

The Prince's Palace has confirmed she is pregnant, and that a baby is due in December, but have not reacted to claims from one of Charlene's South African family friends that she is pregnant with twins. Nor will they be drawn on speculation in Monaco society that the pregnancy is a result of IVF treatment.

But at least one child is due to be born before the end of the year, and, in a rare moment of agreement for the legendarily vituperative Monegasques (as the residents of Monaco are known), everyone in the principality concurs that this is a good thing. Former playboy Albert has at last done his duty and provided at least one legitimate child (hopefully there will be a boy), following two illegitimate ones.

More: Princess Charlene?s Monaco Nightmare - The Daily Beast

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady Adams

I really hope that article has no truth in it-- for if it does, Charlene sounds miserable.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

It always breaks my heart to see her... She has a n aura of sadness around her, she cannot be very happy...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

:no: I so hope that most of what was written is not true.

Sandor

So what if she had IVF treatment?

I thought she did as soon as I heard about the pregnancy, but I don't see a problem, whatever works!

TLLK

Personally the IVF doesn't bother me one bit, but the allegations that she refuses to learn French and is very unhappy concern me.

Lady Adams

IVF doesn't bother me, either. But frankly, I took French for a semester in college and found it harder than Arabic!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

I can't "hear" the sounds in French as easily as I do in Spanish. Arabic sounds lovely to me but the only word I ever learned was "enough!" The  Egyptian born mother of my best friend in college had to use this word frequently with her lively daughter.  :teehee:

Lothwen

I looked up older pictures of Charlene.  She just seems to have sad looking eyes.  I think it's terrible that people speculate about her marriage the way they do.  When I see pictures of her and Albert together, I see a couple in sync with one another. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Blue Clover

I don't think that they are Romeo and Juliet, nothing even approaching that type of love. I think that they are friends, probably the best Albert could do with someone and desperately needed an heir.

PaulaB

She looked sad at her wedding and the reports that they spent the honeymoon in two different hotels was not good news if it was true.

amabel

God if she didn't want to marry him she didn't have ot.  if she doesn'tlike Monaco kind of stupid to marry the Prince of the place.

cinrit

Well, there were the rumors (denied by the Palace) that she tried to leave Monaco a day or so before the wedding.  It does seem like there are a lot of rumors, but then there are lots of rumors about many of the Royal couples.  Doesn't mean they're true.

Cindy

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: cinrit on October 05, 2014, 12:24:51 PM
Well, there were the rumors (denied by the Palace) that she tried to leave Monaco a day or so before the wedding.  It does seem like there are a lot of rumors, but then there are lots of rumors about many of the Royal couples.  Doesn't mean they're true.

Cindy

Yes, I heard them too. I also heard rumours that Albert had locked her in the Palace until their wedding. I doubt those are true but I'm not sure if the Palace confirmed that they were just rumours. After three years of marriage, I think there is some love between Albert and Charlene, but I don't think they're "head over heels in love" with each other. I believe that Charlene is sometimes unhappy with her marriage, but of course I'm just speculating here as I don't know the couple personally and the information that I get is stuff in magazines, reports and Palace announcements.

I think the IVF rumours are very likely.

cinrit

The Palace did formally deny the rumors of Charlene trying to leave.  I believe they tried to ignore them at first, but as the rumor snowballed, they finally stepped in.  I don't think they've formally denied any of the other rumors and speculations, though.

QuoteA spokesman for Prince Albert of Monaco has blasted rumours his fiancée Charlene Wittsock had tried to flee the country, just days before their £50 million wedding.

A spokesman for the royal couple today branded the rumours 'sheer madness' and confirmed preparation for the couple's nuptials is well under way.

They also confirmed the prince will be taking legal action against the publication.

'The Prince's Palace firmly denies the allegations,' the representative told press.  'These rumours, spread a few days before the wedding ceremonies of H.S.H Prince Albert and Miss Charlene Wittstock, have only one purpose – to seriously damage the Sovereign's image and by consequence that of Miss Wittstock and to cause serious prejudice to a happy event.'

More: Prince Albert of Monaco denies 'runaway bride' rumours | Marie Claire

Cindy

amabel

I thought that they won a libel case against some newspaper that published this story?  So presumably its not true or at least not provable? I do think it sounds unlikey but then again the Mon Royal family is rather OTT..a nd vulgar so I suppose it is possible that Charlene did get cold feet and was pushed into going through with the wedding.  however, really as I recall she's been living with Albert for some time before hand, I hardly think that she is unaware of Monaco's ways and of Albert's past...

cinrit

There a rumor right around that time, though, that another woman was pregnant with Albert's child.  That would mean that he'd cheated on Charlene.  Don't know whatever happened to that rumor; it seemed to just fade away after some time.

Cindy