Princess Diana curtseyed

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 15, 2017, 12:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianab

imo Andrew Parker Bowles was a attractive young man

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/18/05/302C94DF00000578-0-image-a-79_1453095286159.jpg

I can to see what women back in 1970s saw in him

sandy

Well he does look good there. I guess he had let himself go as the saying goes and did not retain his looks.

dianab

Quote from: royalanthropologist on October 19, 2017, 11:43:16 AM
@sandy. I want to correct another thing. There was never a test for virginity or fertility for Diana. She has never said such a thing  and none of her physicians or the palace has ever said such a thing. That is yet another tabloid yarn that is taken as gospel truth in order to feed a certain narrative.

Diana was clingly in all her relationships. I hear there was even an American billionaire who broke it off with her when she suddenly appeared at a place he was meant to be and then pretended that it was an accident. As for Hewitt, she actually wanted him to change his posting to suit her needs and her demands for completely loyalty as well as constant attention.

i dont believe there was ever anything with the American billionaire, who admitted send roses to KP for last 3 years of her life and thought she'd a bad taste in men (as she was never romatically/sexually atracted to him). I dont believe in this friendship Diana was the clingy one... he said diana was a very good mother but very bad to herself (talking about her love life)... i understand he thought diana would start to be good to herself if she'd accepted date him

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 01:55:57 PM

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 01:49:06 PM
Well he does look good there. I guess he had let himself go as the saying goes and did not retain his looks.
another pic
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/19/article-1287807-008D132F00000190-665_468x286.jpg

sandy

If the American billionaire is Teddy Forstmann, they were just friends. They never were in a relationship. She even asked him advice about a place to bring the boys on a vacation in the Hamptons (1997). That did not go through, too many security issues. Teddy F. even was interviewed about her and said  they were  never lovers. Around this time, she was involved with Hasnet Khan and serious about him.

Wow, the look Anne is giving APB!

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 11:24:42 AM
She had a row with Charles over his leaving for some event or lunch (perhaps involving Camilla). In any case it was still a few steps. She did not intend to kill herself.

The trouble is Charles did not apprise her in detail of what he expected of her. Before the engagement. She got.
nonsense, this was during the winter, IIRC Christmas, and ther'es no way Charles was seeing Camilla.  are you now saying that she DID throw herself down a few steps??

sandy

Charles was meeting his friends for lunch. Wasn't this the Fall? The trip to the Caribbean by C and D was right after the Holidays. I don't recall Diana's fall was right before the vacation in the Caribbean, I don't think it was at Christmas. I recall it was in the Fall because Charles was meeting friends within his "set" and leaving Diana. Who felt unhappy about it (according to Morton and she and Charles had "filthy rows" about Camilla during this time period.  Junor reported that C and C would see each other at the hunts and house parties. And Barry recalled Charles was in touch with Camilla by phone (corroborating Diana's account) in Fall 1981.

Diana's account of the first Christmas, includes her participating in a "lighting" ceremony, her first solo royal work and her buying expensive presents for her in-laws and not knowing the custom was buying "gag gifts".

Diana did not hurl herself down the stairs otherwise she would not have been well enough to go to the Caribbean and not well enough to do much with broken bones. She fell down a few steps after a row with Charles.

royalanthropologist

@sandy is back to that old canard again: "I doubt Camilla would have given him the time of day had he not been the Prince of Wales"

So are you saying that Diana would not have given him the time of day had he not been POW? Was she too a gold digger looking for the money and position Charles could give her? Was Diana's love sincere whilst Camilla was not? Double standards IMO.

BTW I have never seen any evidence to confirm that yarn about virginity tests and fertility tests. It sounds a bit like someone dreaming up a "fact" and putting it out there just because they know the BRF will never respond.

"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

That's my opinion royalanthropologist and I'm sticking to it. Why not address me directly instead of the third person. Only polite.

The thing is Charles pursued Diana to get heirs. She was a very naive teenager and it was a short courtship. She was dazzled by Charles. She was not a golddigger, she was on Charles' "list" of eligible suitable girls. Camilla even was said to approve of the match.

Camilla was not considered suitable for marriage to Charles by Mountbatten. There were enormous perks for her being POW mistress so she "settled" for that. When many women would not have.

Do you really think Charles would have married Diana had she NOT been examined? Really? What if she turned out barren.

TLLK

Quote from: dianab on October 19, 2017, 01:43:37 PM
imo Andrew Parker Bowles was a attractive young man

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/18/05/302C94DF00000578-0-image-a-79_1453095286159.jpg

I can to see what women back in 1970s saw in him
Holy Cannoli! :) He was a good looking man in his younger years. Ah eventually time catches up with all of us. Genetics and habits...well they take their toll too.  Is that Princess Anne with him? She looks so attractive and relaxed there with her hair down. Dig her leisure suit. :Jen:

sandy

I wonder if he smoked? I think he could have converted to marry Princess Anne, but I think Camilla "reclaimed" him after her affair with Charles. She was said to see off other women that he got interested in.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 01:10:24 AM
It's like saying Diana had a fling with BIll Clinton.
Ugh. Please take pity on us all @sandy and don't link Diana with Forty-two!!! :lol:

sandy

Re: the timeline for Diana: At the time of Diana's fall, Charles was in riding habit and going out riding (this according to Morton). So it would have had to be during the Autumn months. Not around Christmas.  I did come across the Caribbean photos and she and Charles looked pretty happy together (this was ca. February 1982) instead of January. Diana had that well publicized lighting ceremony, her first solo appearance during the Christmas season and then told of the gift snafu around Christmas in her recollections.

https://www.google.com/search?q=charles+and+diana+in+caribbean+1982&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_t72u9fzWAhVHtBoKHWjkAlIQsAQILg&biw=1280&bih=864#imgrc=MntbcPMpQDLbEM:

TLLK

Quote from: dianab on October 19, 2017, 11:06:09 AM
I believe she threw herself from few stairs. she was going through bulimia. what for her was a cry for help and for others looks like a spoiled girl wanting attention. Charles, in his dimbleby book, confirmed diana cut herself but he said the cuts werent deep and any band-aid was enough. I remember back then the press jumped at him for being a uncaring and insensitive man. janet jenkings said when she slept with him in 1991,  charles talked about this stairs episode.
While Diana had many admirable qualities, I have to agree that she unfortunately has a poor reputation when it comes to exaggeration and honesty. My theory is that as a child she realized she could garner some attention and sympathy by stretching the truth or acting out in a dramatic fashion.  These are  behaviors that do manifest with children who have are dealing with emotional trauma and the Spencer's divorce obviously had a negative impact on their children. :no:

sandy

Diana was only 20, a newlywed, having hormonal changes during her pregnancy (which was difficult with morning sickness and so on), and bulimia and her illusions of a peaceful happy marriage were shattered.

Diana though was spot on about many things.

She also was married to someone who was very self centered because of his being the "heir" and self absorbed

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 02:06:53 PM
Charles was meeting his friends for lunch. Wasn't this the Fall? The trip to the Caribbean by C and D was right after the Holidays. I don't recall Diana's fall was right before the vacation in the Caribbean, I don't think it was at Christmas. I recall it was in the Fall because Charles was meeting friends within his "set" and leaving Diana. Who felt unhappy about it (according to Morton and she and Charles had "filthy rows" about Camilla during this time period.  Junor reported that C and C would see each other at the hunts and house parties. And Barry recalled Charles was in touch with Camilla by phone (corroborating Diana's account) in Fall 1981.

Diana's account of the first Christmas, includes her participating in a "lighting" ceremony, her first solo royal work and her buying expensive presents for her in-laws and not knowing the custom was buying "gag gifts".

Diana did not hurl herself down the stairs otherwise she would not have been well enough to go to the Caribbean and not well enough to do much with broken bones. She fell down a few steps after a row with Charles.
So she "fell"?  I thought you said that she threw herself.  And as I recall the fall was reported around just after Christmas or early January.  it was while they were still celebrating Christmas.

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 02:54:11 PM

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 02:40:43 PM
Re: the timeline for Diana: At the time of Diana's fall, Charles was in riding habit and going out riding (this according to Morton). So it would have had to be during the Autumn months. Not around Christmas.  I did come
why would it "have to be in the Autum" because he went riding?

sandy

Diana said he was in riding gear not dressed for Winter. Winter makes riding surfaces harder, it is cold out.  Why would Charles go riding at Christmas? Diana did not report this episode in her account of her first Christmas as a royal. The fall episode came sooner. Fox hunting and equestrian sports take place primarily in Autumn not Winter. Some sources say she was three months pregnant some sources say four. The Bradford book claims she went on a picnic with Charles the same afternoon as the Fall indicating the weather could not have been really cold.

Diana's First Royal Christmas – My Blog

Interesting info on Diana's first royal Christmas.

dianab

Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2017, 02:18:27 PM
Holy Cannoli! :) He was a good looking man in his younger years. Ah eventually time catches up with all of us. Genetics and habits...well they take their toll too.  Is that Princess Anne with him? She looks so attractive and relaxed there with her hair down. Dig her leisure suit. :Jen:
yes. in 2 pics i posted of him, anne also appears

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 04:04:37 PM

Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2017, 02:41:33 PM
While Diana had many admirable qualities, I have to agree that she unfortunately has a poor reputation when it comes to exaggeration and honesty. My theory is that as a child she realized she could garner some attention and sympathy by stretching the truth or acting out in a dramatic fashion.  These are  behaviors that do manifest with children who have are dealing with emotional trauma and the Spencer's divorce obviously had a negative impact on their children. :no:
which dont changes he was uncaring and insenstive towards her. his parents also caused in him the same issues as Johnny and Frances caused in Diana. feeling unloved, unwanted he just felt loved by his nanny is a pretty sad thing maybe related/it's the source to his frightening temper tantrums that just fawcett can control him... btw charles confirmed many of stories of Diana according to her and him she threw herself down few stairs and cut herself. according to both charles has bad relationship with his parents and never felt loved by them and can't feel close to them and impossible to have a loving parent/child relationship with them.

sandy

Charles has a temper according to witnesses. Charles had various  influences: he found his parents "cold" but his grandmother spoiled him and Mountbatten's advice to him was not always the best.

TLLK

Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2017, 08:41:33 PM

which dont changes he was uncaring and insenstive towards her. his parents also caused in him the same issues as Johnny and Frances caused in Diana. feeling unloved, unwanted he just felt loved by his nanny is a pretty sad thing maybe related/it's the source to his frightening temper tantrums that just fawcett can control him... btw charles confirmed many of stories of Diana according to her and him she threw herself down few stairs and cut herself. according to both charles has bad relationship with his parents and never felt loved by them and can't feel close to them and impossible to have a loving parent/child relationship with them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:12:16 PM by dianab »
Good points @dianab. Just proves IMHO that this marriage was going to face difficulty even if there hadn't been adultery issues.  Sadly these were two people who were not emotionally prepared to work together and to support each other. Each required frequent assurances and messages of approval and neither were equipped to deliver that to each other. I wish that Diana had been able to find someone who could provide that for her. :no:

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 19, 2017, 02:58:48 PM
Diana said he was in riding gear not dressed for Winter. Winter makes riding surfaces harder, it is cold out.  Why would Charles go riding at Christmas? Diana did not report this episode in her account of her first Christmas as a royal. The fall episode came sooner. Fox hunting and equestrian sports take place primarily in Autumn not Winter. Some sources say she was three months pregnant some sources say four. The Bradford book claims she went on a picnic with Charles the same afternoon as the Fall indicating the weather could not have been really cold.

Diana's First Royal Christmas – My Blog

Interesting info on Diana's first royal Christmas.
Fox hutnting goes on from Autumn (cub hunting) to May.  There's usually a big meeting on Boxing day (26th December) I don't know what you're talking about,.

TLLK

^^^Thank you for sharing this information @amabel. I personally don't care for hunting but I do realize  that it is necessary to keep wildlife population under control.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on October 19, 2017, 06:05:51 PM
Fox hutnting goes on from Autumn (cub hunting) to May.  There's usually a big meeting on Boxing day (26th December) I don't know what you're talking about,.

I found the hunting schedule on a website. But it is known that when the ground freezes it is more difficult for the horses. I am not certain if Charles just went riding or went foxhunting. It never was said. So many little details missing. Diana was seen with Charles hunting but I never saw her at foxhunting events.

amabel

It doesn't freeze that much here Sandy, not like it does in the US,. Of course they can't hunt on frosty ground... but it goes on all autumn right up to the spring. certainly there's hunting at Christmas.  And Since as you say Di was 3 or 4 months pregnant, it happened around January 1982... I remember it being reported on TV news, and I'm reasonably sure that it was after Christmas but still within the Christmas Holiday - (the royals taking a long break then).

TLLK

^^^Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the UK and its traditions/weather. @amabel.

amabel

I'm sure you know I don't hunt.. (I can just about ride) and it is illegal now.
and you Americans call hunting what is called "shooting" in the UK....