Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 14, 2014, 08:02:09 PM
It's not the same.  How could they just leave him in Bucklebury and drag across to the other side of the world.  Does not make sense to me  :truce:

Some parents do it, I understand.  But to paint them as being loving and devoted parents, and the need to get back to George (same boy has a Nanny) - I refuse to buy into.  Sorry  :flower: :hug: :vday4:
We're going to agree to disagree and that is perfectly fine.  :hug:

Now just read at another forum about two of the most neglectful royal parents. Apparently in the late 60's/early 70's this princely couple were going through a bout of marital strife. Each had their own set of lovers and enjoyed their own lives immensely, but were not so interested in their 3 children. One Christmas the couple had gone their separate ways to spend the holiday with their paramours. Their butler was locking up the house before he and the staff departed. He discovered the 3 children in their nursery. No arrangements had been made for them by either parent. The butler took the kids home to his own family so they could have a Christmas with someone. Later the kids were all sent to boarding schools and rarely saw their parents.  :no:

Lady Adams

First babies, now puppies? What won't this royal couple stop at?  :PR:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lady Adams

^^Gah! They're even getting to me! All the things I like on this tour: navy striped shirts, babies, puppies...
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Everyone's entitled a detour on the Dark Side.  :happy15: Still quite bored with it although the dog and the baby have brought some light...  :cool: Hoping for a shot of adrenaline from the Vegemite portion of this buffet.  :yesss:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sara8150

Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's puppy love in New Zealand
Royal visit: Prince William and Kate Middleton pay respects at New Zealand Police College - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 05:05:55 AM

Prince George steals the show as Prince William and Kate bid final farewell in New Zealand
Royal visit: Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George leave New Zealand - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 05:15:17 AM

So long! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wave goodbye to New Zealand as they head for Australia with baby Prince George
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wave goodbye to New Zealand as they head for Australia with baby Prince George | Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George have enjoyed an action packed day in #Sydney. #RoyalTour #9News

Twitter / 9NewsSyd: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ...

So adorable!

robynrose

Quite a full day . Love that Phil Dampier was honest and did not think the crowds were as big as expected . They had a lot of people but I do not think it was on the same level as Charles and Diana. So far I have not heard an estimate of the crowd . Also the Opera House is a Mecca for crowds . They were an added attraction Do think she looked great in the yellow dress Does anyone else think George ' Shaun has a tint of red

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

Has a tint of red hair

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePrince George may only be eight months old but his style is already causing a stir on social media.

The young prince looked dapper in his nautically themed romper suit as he disembarked an Australian Airforce jet in Sydney on Wednesday.

Keen royal watchers noticed that the suit was very similar to an outfit his father Prince William was photographed wearing as a baby, sitting on his late mother Princess Diana's lap at Kensington Palace on February 1, 1983.
More: Prince George models traditional royal romper his father Prince William also wore as a baby | Mail Online

TLLK

Thank you to all who have contributed to the tour threads. Looks like the Cambridges have experienced the full spectrum of fall weather in NZ. Glad to see that the crowds greeting them in Sydney were not being drenched.

PrincessOfPeace

The George effect gathers pace: Romper suit - which looks just like one William once wore - sells out instantly and now has waiting list of two months

QuoteSorry, Kate, you've officially been replaced as the nation's most emulated style icon by your 8-month-old baby boy.

Much like his mother, Prince George is already proving to be something of a trendsetter with his choice of outfits. Designers of the clothes he has worn on his first Royal Tour are reporting a huge surge in sales thanks to the 'George effect' and it's showing no sign of abating.

Today sees the tiny trendsetter strike again as the Annafie romper suit he wore on his arrival in Sydney earlier appears to be totally sold out, with negative stock in all sizes and shipping times of 2 months.
More: Prince George's Annafie romper suit sells out instantly and now has waiting list of two months | Mail Online

HereditaryPrincess

Little George is an adorable baby and I love how chunky he is. :vday4: It would be so cute to get to hold him, but I know that will never happen to me! I have to say, I thought is romper suit was a little old fashioned, like something William or even Charles might have worn when they were his age. His second outfit was better, I love those navy shoes and they look perfect for exploring.

QuoteFrom their first public appearance together, when she walked out of the hospital cradling her newborn son, we've barely seen the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George separated.
But today, for the first time, baby George was pictured not in the arms of doting mother Kate but in those of his new nanny, 43-year-old Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo - and he looked less than impressed.
The 8-month-old prince pulled an adorably grumpy face as Maria Teresa carried him to the car upon the family's arrival in Sydney today.

Prince George looks less than impressed in arms of his nanny | Mail Online

I love the photo of George going back to Kate, you can tell that he has special feelings for her. :vday2:

Limabeany

I find dressing up the baby in clothes almost exactly like Diana dressed William while they are on the same Tour  Diana did with William at the same age as George, a little  :unsure: disturbing...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/16/article-2605878-1D23712200000578-496_634x892.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/16/article-2605878-1D241E9000000578-113_634x587.jpg
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

robynrose

It started with the ring and just goes on and on . I dislike that Diana is gone and now on this tour ( part 2 of 1983 ) it is ok to mention her because she is still remember there with great affection . The reporters who call her the The New People 's Princess are just wild . Also Will said in their engagement interview Kate was her own person so why this ? I wish I had bet that  George would have had a similar outfit on it . Also there were a lot of people at the Opera House but it is a tourist attraction If you look at the ones from 1983 there is no comparison. Having said that so far the Oz trip is less about them trying out for the Olympics . Also like her dress today hate the shoes , I can not even walk with shoes like that in my house . Actually took a pair back . She looks good in the pics on twitter ( not as good as the photoshop ones ) The thing that is bad on the untouched ones is that black eyeliner
They are trying to present her as the Duchess and mother of a future King Think I have been looking at these  pics too much because Will looks much better than usual to me Not upstanding that at all
Maybe because there are less pics of him and Kate's bright green dress impaired my vision George is a riot has he smiled yet . Wait till that happens

Double post auto-merged: April 17, 2014, 02:52:54 AM

Sorry think I posted this in wrong link

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHe's received a number of generous gifts as he tours New Zealand and Australia with his parents, including a miniature bicycle and even a custom-made boat tied with red ribbon.

Now finally a present has drawn a smile - however faint - from baby Prince George.

The eight-month old looked the happiest he's been on the Royal Tour after being presented with a large plush toy Wombat by Australia's Governor-General Peter Cosgrove at Admiralty House late on Wednesday.
More: Smiling George is given a giant cuddly wombat | Mail Online

cinrit

QuotePrince George Receives His First Marriage Proposal from Young Fan

Prince George has many admirers but on his last day in New Zealand the young royal received his first marriage proposal.  As the eight-month-old left Wellington, New Zealand, a young fan used a cute T-shirt to show the Prince her intentions.

Ruby Cate Blitz's T-shirt read "Marry Me George" and the little toddler grinned happily as she held tight to a British flag.

Unfortunately the young royal wasn't at the event in Wellington, New Zealand to give Ruby an answer but Prince William has already spoken of how his young son has yet to speak his first words yet, so we think it's safe to assume the young girl wouldn't have received the answer she was looking for.

More: Prince George receives his first marriage proposal - hellomagazine.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ The first of many hahaha! I read about a six year old girl from New Zealand who said she is willing to marry Prince George and isn't bothered by their age difference   :lol:

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

SophieChloe

Start of things to come...

Many a Mother out there planning and a plotting  ;)
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

FanDianaFancy

Adding to amrine and LIMABEANY's  post. Yes, both  outfits  looks  alike. We  all thought so!

https://shine.yahoo.com/photos/prince-george-trip-kate-middleton-prince-william-tour-new-zealand-1397678895-slideshow/

I  do think it is good K  is a hands on Mama and her baby sure knows and luvs  his Mama.
I loved the  pic  of  sleepy  him  rubbing his head in her neck.

Diana was a  hands on Mama  and her babes  sure knew their Mama. The ones here with W looked  up  at her, all smiles...

robynrose

The thing that I do not understand is Will and Kate are on a 3 week tour , Diana and Charles were I think gone on this tour for 6 weeks and yet look at all the pics of George . We still have the Zoo event and him leaving . I do not recall seeing this many pics from Will's first visit as a baby . Just curious but for all the hiding of this baby and Will's feelings for press and the disappearance of this couple why this . Never mind the kid sells he sells his parents and the Monarch