members with expired photo footers

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, February 12, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Hi there, some of the users have photos in their footers that the 3rd party hosting has expired, so all that shows up is a big logo with a dial, etc, and theyve recently grown larger in size by the hosting company, taking up a lot of room. Can you guys advise them to either pick a current photo that works, or remove the expired ones, thanks.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

SophieChloe

That's above my paygrade (I'm not paid BTW), So, over to the Admins.  @Jenee @Windsor 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Windsor

We can manually remove any items within a profile. If you point us in the right direction I am sure we can get it fixed.

Trudie

Windsor I am sure he is talking about me I tried to remove it and couldn't however I never gave it a thought as those were there for over 10 years and no one complained before. Sorry if it bothered Dutch so much please remove mine  :notworthy:

Jenee

I removed the two links- whoever owned the original images must have deleted them from their photo bucket account.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Duch_Luver_4ever

Actually it was Sandy, who also has some on her footer as well, but yes Trudy had some too. Its just the original provider made the size of them very large recently so they take up a lot of room in the thread. :shrug:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Trudie

Are there any other little things about Sandy and myself besides the offending footers that are annoying you? Jenee has since removed mine

sandy

I did not put any footer there. I had no control over it, DUch

Duch_Luver_4ever

theres two big logos where pictures used to appear at the bottom of your posts, one of them has grown much larger than before, it takes up a lot of room on the threads, and the photos been gone for about 6 months, everyones acting all put out, but you cant tell me it hasnt been noticeable. If everyone took about 2-3 times the size of each post with empty space, it would be a hassle to read a page of posts.

Im not doing it to be aggravating and its been plenty of time to have new photos added or remove the old one thats been a gauge dial saying 3rd party hosting has been disabled for a long time, its just common courtesy for your fellow members.

sandy

I do not know how to remove this. I think it's up to the mods.

Duch_Luver_4ever

I figured that, its why I posted here so they could help with it.

SophieChloe

Some have even found a way to argue about this   :shrug:  Chill out, it will be sorted eventually. 

As a Moderator I've tried.  It's only something an Admin can do.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me