Princess Eugenie Patronages and charity work

Started by Jennifer, October 20, 2016, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

A place to discuss Princess Eugenie's Patronages and Charities.

QuotePrincess Eugenie, daughter of Prince Andrew, has released a video in partnership with the Salvation Army to raise awareness about the issue of modern slavery.

In the 30-second video, the eighth-in-line to the throne says "I've had a chance to see first-hand what The Salvation army can do for victims of trafficking and modern slavery"

The Salvation Army has seen a 27% rise in cases of modern slavery  and estimate that 46 million people are living in modern slavery.

Read more:
Princess Eugenie releases Video to raise awareness of Modern Slavery ? Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: October 20, 2016, 06:34:26 PM

QuotePrincess Eugenie releases impassioned video to support Salvation Army's campaign against modern slavery

Click to see more:
Princess Eugenie releases impassioned video to support Salvation Army's campaign against modern slavery - Photo 1
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

I think it is wonderful that Princess Eugenie wants to help end human trafficking. It is so sad how prevalent human trafficking is in some countries. I think it is because the governments don't enforce enough laws to stop these criminals from doing evil acts to children and women.

QuotePrincess Eugenie's heartfelt interview with The Salvation Army to end human trafficking

"I think it's everyone's opportunity and duty to #askthequestion and to support this campaign in any way possible," Princess Eugenie of York said in a video where she campaigned for ending human trafficking. Royal Central reported on this when it was first released.

Following her impassioned plea to back this anti-slavery campaign a week and a half ago, she was interviewed by The Salvation Army's Director of Anti-Trafficking and Modern Slavery, Anne Read.

Princess Eugenie speaks of how her passion to end human trafficking began. She travelled to India with her parents where they met a group of women who were survivors of human trafficking. The 26-year-old had this to say about that experience: "I think that was so shocking. [Modern slavery is] on our own doorstep when you think it is a million miles away."

Read more:
Princess Eugenie’s heartfelt interview with The Salvation Army to end human trafficking – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

@Jennifer- Good to see Eugenie becoming involved in this cause. Camilla has touched on the issue as well through her work too. Here she is in Mexico City in 2014 meeting with women who had been trafficked. Camilla chats with sex trade victims I do know that the Netherland's Princess Mabel is also involved in ending human trafficking. Unfortunately there are cases in the U.S. of people who hold dual citizenship in the U.S. and another nation (typically third world) who lure desperate people to the U.S. with offers of "employment." Once they arrive their passports are taken and they are in sweatshops, the sex trade or working in dangerous situations (agriculture, construction etc..)

On rare occasions they've even taken children to work as household servants. An Egyptian couple "sold" their elementary school aged daughter to an Egyptian-American couple who forced the child to work seven days a week in their home. It was only when one of the neighbors spotted the girl taking out the trash at dawn that they realized something was amiss. They contacted social services and immigration officials who rescued the girl. Her parents refused to take her back and she spent the next five years living with a loving foster family who taught her English and ensured that she earned a high school diploma.

Blue Clover

TLLK

TLLK

Princess Eugenie on Instagram: ?I'm so proud of my hospital, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, as they have become a trauma centre for the

QuoteVerified
I'm so proud of my hospital, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, as they have become a trauma centre for the first time since 1982 due to the incredibly challenging time we face and the unprecedented pressure all hospitals and their staff face.
It has created a Covid-19 fund for the RNOH?s staff that urgently need our support.
The purpose of the fund is to help their frontline clinical staff in any way possible ? from providing meals, to purchasing essential equipment items, to supporting mental health in a time of crisis.

wannable

Eugenie went today in the morning to another hospital to delivery perishables, crates of fresh fruit and vegetables to NHS workers.  Good for her

In other news, Jack's father is in the ICU, I hope he passes the CV19, once in the Intensive Care, it is very serious.  Both his parents got it.

Anguish for Princess Eugenie as her father-in-law George Brooksbank, 71, is taken into intensive care with coronavirus as his wife also battles the deadly disease
George Brooksbank, 71, is 'in a serious but stable condition in hospital'
His son Jack married Princess Eugenie, the Queen's granddaughter,  in 2018
Wife Nicola, 66, also suffering from the virus but has been recuperating at home
Coronavirus UK: Princess Eugenie's father-in-law in ICU | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Thank you for the news. I am thrilled that Princess Eugenie continues to make her deliveries to NHS workers in London.

On the other hand I am very sorry that her father-in-law is now in ICU and hope that he makes a full recovery.

PrincessOfPeace

We are pleased to announce that Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie has agreed to become the Royal Patron of the Scoliosis Association UK.

More: The Scoliosis Association UK is delighted to announce a new Royal Patron - Latest News - Scoliosis Association

TLLK

Congratulations Princess Eugenie on your new patronage.

wannable

This is perfect, I'm glad they offered her the patronage, it makes a lot more sense first hand experience.

TLLK

Princess Eugenie recalls the 'daunting' surgery she had to treat her scoliosis when she was 12 | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrincess Eugenie has helped launch a collection of porcelain buttercups to raise money for the hospital where she had surgery on her spine as a child.

The Queen's granddaughter, 30, is patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) which treated her for the rare condition of scoliosis when she was 12.

Artist Clare Twomey has designed 2,000 limited edition hand-finished buttercups, priced at ?45 each, to raise funds for the RNOH.

The royal, who is pregnant and set to welcome the new addition to the royal family early in 2021, said she was proud to support the collection.

She added: 'I know from my own experience that being a child in hospital and having complex surgery can be very daunting.

TLLK

:xmas4:  Princess Eugenie gives royal fans a glimpse into the garden at her home | Daily Mail Online

QuoteIn the clip, Princess Eugenie said: 'Hello everyone at ICAP, I just wanted to say thank you so much from me on behalf of the Teenage Cancer Trust, that I've been supporting for many years now.

She continued: 'These people would be alone and not having the support that the Teenage Cancer Trust gives them. We just want to say a big thank you to you ? you guys are amazing for doing this.'

wannable

Yes the bush and red brick is Ivy Cottage. ✔

TLLK

Princess Eugenie donates gifts to the Salvation Army on behalf of The Anti-Slavery Campaign https://twitter.com/salvationarmyuk/status/1346859929404116993

QuoteThis Christmas safe house residents were delighted to receive gifts from @TASC
founders HRH Princess Eugenie & Julia de Boinville containing crafts & other activities to help with their well-being as they stay safe and continue to recover from their experiences of #ModernSalvery

TLLK

TLLK

A place to discuss Princess Eugenie's Patronages and Charities.  :Jen:

Gert's Royals: Princess Eugenie - Patronages

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital's Charity
Patron of Redevelopment Appeal (2012-2019)
Patron (2019 - Present)

Elephant Family
Patron (2016 - Present)

Teenage Cancer Trust
Patron (2016 - Present)

The Coronet Theatre
Royal Patron of the Print Room (2016 - 2016)
Royal Patron of The Coronet Theatre (2016-Present)

European School of Osteopathy
Royal Patron (April 2017 - Present)

The Anti-Slavery Collective
Co-Founder (2017-Present)

Tate's Youth Patrons
Royal Patron (May 2018-Present)

Anti-Slavery International
Patron (October 2019-Present)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK6SNZ5lBE2/

Quotethe_anti_slavery_collective's profile picture
the_anti_slavery_collective
Our co-founders, HRH @princesseugenie and Julia de Boinville, wanted to take the opportunity to remember the anniversary of the 2004 Morecambe Bay cockling disaster.

At least 21 Chinese undocumented immigrant labourers drowned by an incoming tide after picking cockles off the Lancashire coast.

PrincessOfPeace

HRH Princess Eugenie as co-founder of The Anti-Slavery Collective attended today a Wold Congress hosted by @empwrsurvivors and had a learned from with its co-founder about her journey in the anti-slavery movement and how she engages survivors in anti-slavery efforts.

https://twitter.com/SourceEugenie/status/1385738447353167876?s=20

TLLK

QuoteFifty per cen of the profits will go to Horatio's Garden, while some artists are giving all their proceeds to the charity.

Ahead of the online auction, which will raise funds to allow Horatio's Garden to provide gardens to all of the 11 spinal injury centres in London, Princess Eugenie shared her enthusiasm.

'I?m so grateful to all the artists donating works to the Horatio?s Garden Summer Art Auction,' she said. 

Excellent news and I hope that it's a successful venture. While she and Beatrice are not official representatives of the monarchy and the government, I'm impressed by the number of patronages that each has chosen to become involved with over the years.

Nightowl

This auction by Princess Eugenie, is this going to be available to the public in the US? And if so is there a way to view it or even purchase something?   Any info will be greatly appreciated, Thank You

PrincessOfPeace

A message from our co-founders, HRH Princess Eugenie and Julia de Boinville.

- The Anti-Slavery Collective

Video: https://twitter.com/TASC_org/status/1400799232643284995?s=20

TudorQueen

In honor of world ocean day Eugenie posted a video of her son with a stuffed shark.

Princess Eugenie shares adorable first video of son August cuddling a 'fluffy shark' | Daily Mail Online

You can only see him from the back but you can see hear him talking to his shark.  :flower3:

Eugenie is patrong of Project Zero, an organization that strives to remove all plastic waste from the oceans.

Curryong

I think it?s a lovely IG of August conversing away with his shark for World Ocean Day. Whales seem to be developing as a bit of a theme on another thread here! Looks as if August is likely to be a bit of a redhead, like his second cousin Archie perhaps. He?s certainly developing an auburn thatch.