Prince Harry As King: Bachelor Prince Chosen by Queen Over Prince William

Started by TheRealDuchessOfSussex, July 30, 2014, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

As I said, I would be interested in any information about Prince Harry not receiving credit for his activities.  From a quick glance at the past few months on the Court Circular, he received credit for the events he and Will both attended (like cricket matches and the young leaders program launch), for accompanying Charles to the business awards event, for various Invictus Games visits, for all of his activities in South America (including an engagement that consisted solely of flying out of Heathrow Airport, and one for arriving back at Heathrow Airport), for Trooping of the Colour, and for a garden party. 

Double post auto-merged: July 30, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

(I should note that the Court Circular is glitchy as hell, and I was only able to get results back three months for Harry, and for a few other Royals.  So those are the only months I looked at.  But in making year-end counts, I know Tim O'Donovan uses the entire year for each person.)

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on July 30, 2014, 03:25:21 AM
^^I was thinking a little lower..... :P

So.  As a discussion point.   If QE did do this, would it create a constitutional crisis such as what happened in 1936?  Different scenario, of course, but still an attempt by a reigning monarch to force a change that could create chaos.

And would Harry be a good King?  He certainly would have an exciting court!  It may closely resemble the court of Charles ii.
Will we see a new breed of dog named after Harry????

Lothwen

So it's gone from Queen Elizabeth wanting to pass over Charles for William to her wanting to pass over William for Harry?

Damn that woman's fickle
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on July 30, 2014, 12:01:30 PM
Still think they should go for some kind of Survivor/Medieval Tourny sort of thing.   Last Royal standing gets the crown

I think Sophie could hold her own against Eugenie and Bea, but Anne would be phenomenal and pretty tough to beat. 
Sophie would have to get Zara on her side ASAP!!!! Then the two might stand a chance against Anne!!! :catfight:

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on July 30, 2014, 01:47:46 PM
As I said, I would be interested in any information about Prince Harry not receiving credit for his activities.  From a quick glance at the past few months on the Court Circular, he received credit for the events he and Will both attended (like cricket matches and the young leaders program launch), for accompanying Charles to the business awards event, for various Invictus Games visits, for all of his activities in South America (including an engagement that consisted solely of flying out of Heathrow Airport, and one for arriving back at Heathrow Airport), for Trooping of the Colour, and for a garden party. 

Double post auto-merged: July 30, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

(I should note that the Court Circular is glitchy as hell, and I was only able to get results back three months for Harry, and for a few other Royals.  So those are the only months I looked at.  But in making year-end counts, I know Tim O'Donovan uses the entire year for each person.)
Everything that I've been posting in the Annual Engagements thread is coming from a site that uses the CC as its reference, but as pointed out earlier the Palace has its own rules on what counts as an official engagement. Harry's engagements at the Commonwealth Games are being counted and will be added to his annual tally.

Eri

Quote from: Macrobug on July 30, 2014, 12:01:30 PM
Still think they should go for some kind of Survivor/Medieval Tourny sort of thing.   Last Royal standing gets the crown

I think Sophie could hold her own against Eugenie and Bea, but Anne would be phenomenal and pretty tough to beat.
:teehee:.

Rebound

Please, no more It's a Royal Knockout!!

Zara would probably ally with Anne, then Zara would inherit the throne (unless Anne decides to give the throne to someone else). Oops--forgot about Peter. Oh, well. Imagine all the flattery and back-scatching Anne would suddenly get. Maybe the UK could vote. Someone please put Margarita Armstrong-Jones on the list--she's adorable!

On another subject--can the Invicta Games count as royal engagements, or is it an event organized for the MOD?

Canuck

Invictus Games related-activities are showing up on the Court Circular, so it's being counted as a Royal event.

Macrobug

If anything, we need to watch out for Autumn.  Canadians can be quite devious.   We smile sweetly right up to when we getcha.  She may be a sleeper for a plot to make poutine the British National Dish. 

Pierre Elliot Trudeau would be SO proud if a Canadian was on the throne.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lady Adams

I think we need to revive the fan fiction thread-- these posts are hilarious!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Sandor

I do love tabloids!  They are so amusing!  They don't seem to ever catch on that the line of succession is a matter of law and not personal preference!  (If indeed the Queen even has a personal preference, which I think is doubtful).  :lol:

And after the Queen bypasses Charles and William, what is she supposed to do about George?
Isn't he supposedly the most popular Royal now?

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

In All I Do

Quote from: Canuck on July 30, 2014, 10:02:03 PM
Invictus Games related-activities are showing up on the Court Circular, so it's being counted as a Royal event.
It's also receiving funding from the RFoTDaDoCaPH (such an awkward title for the Foundation) through their Endeavor Fund. (see 2013 annual report, Chairman's statement).

Rebound

So Harry gets royal credit while doing his military job? Maybe the Invictus Games aren't organized as military activities. Maybe the MoD just considers things like the Queen's BD parade as part of Harry's job.

Not too shabby, getting time off your real job to do royal jobs. Oh, wait........wasn't William scorned for that?

Limabeany

Quote from: Rebound on July 31, 2014, 08:26:36 PM
So Harry gets royal credit while doing his military job? Maybe the Invictus Games aren't organized as military activities. Maybe the MoD just considers things like the Queen's BD parade as part of Harry's job.

Not too shabby, getting time off your real job to do royal jobs. Oh, wait........wasn't William scorned for that?
May I suggest Google? A quick search for MOD Invictus, yielded this...  :flower:

World-class line up to close Invictus Games - News stories - GOV.UK

QuoteLaunched by Prince Harry earlier this year, the Invictus Games will use the power of sport to inspire recovery, support rehabilitation and generate a wider understanding and respect of those who serve their country. Teams from countries all around the world have been invited to take part in the four days of competitive sport on 10-14 September. The event has been organised with the support and backing of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Ministry of Defence.

The Invictus Games

QuoteHelp for Heroes are proud to be supporting the MOD in the training and selection of the British Armed Forces Team
Tickets on sale for Invictus Games opening ceremony

Tickets On Sale For Invictus Games Opening Ceremony by Royal Air Force

The Invictus Games are being organised with the support and backing of the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Ministry of Defence.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

In All I Do

Quote from: Limabeany on July 31, 2014, 08:35:09 PM

May I suggest Google? A quick search for MOD Invictus, yielded this...  :flower:

World-class line up to close Invictus Games - News stories - GOV.UK

QuoteLaunched by Prince Harry earlier this year, the Invictus Games will use the power of sport to inspire recovery, support rehabilitation and generate a wider understanding and respect of those who serve their country. Teams from countries all around the world have been invited to take part in the four days of competitive sport on 10-14 September. The event has been organised with the support and backing of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Ministry of Defence.

The Invictus Games

QuoteHelp for Heroes are proud to be supporting the MOD in the training and selection of the British Armed Forces Team
Tickets on sale for Invictus Games opening ceremony

Tickets On Sale For Invictus Games Opening Ceremony by Royal Air Force

The Invictus Games are being organised with the support and backing of the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Ministry of Defence.

Yep.. and the Chairman's report also talks about the MoD involvement. I only mentioned the Royal Foundation involvement because the perception I've seen is that it's a wholly MoD initiative. I also wrote "is also receiving funding from" rather than "is being funded by" to indicate the difference between partial and full funding.

Rebound

It must be nice to do your job and represent your family as well.  Usually there are conflicts between family and job. To have them both at the same time would be wonderful!!! 

And Limabeany, of course you may suggest Google, I certainly should have thought of that! It was just a spur of the moment post wondering if Harry could get credit from both his family and his job!   :flower:

TLLK

Limabeany

@Rebound
Sometimes, I read something and post it and then I have to bolt and come back to find a long conversation on it has taken place! :hehe: What did we do before google? I think people who went to school and Uni in the pre-ggogle era deserve all the respect and admiration in the world... That is truly an achievement!
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Rebound

Why, thank you! We used (gasp) the library, especially the Readers Guide to Periodical Literature. Usually, the books/journals were checked out, stolen, or in use by someone else. It was very frustrating and time consuming. Google is great!!

amabel

Quote from: cate1949 on July 30, 2014, 01:29:13 AM
obviously - HM does not "pick" the next King - Acts of Succession - just using a sensational headline to attract the readers
what is this nonsense????

PrincessOfPeace

Harry's job with the Army is separate from what he's doing with the invictus games. Harry's desk job is helping co-ordinate ceremonial events like the Queen's birthday parade and Trooping the Colour. By all reports he is very rarely in the office and goes in only when there is an upcoming event.
This allows him to do things like work with the invictus games but just so we are all clear, Harry's involvement with the games comes through the Royal Foundation, this is why he gets credit in the CC. If it was part of his job with the army there would be no mention as it wouldn't be 'royal work'
When the games are finished in September, Harry will go back to being the Queen's party planner.

Lady Adams

^^ What reports are they? I'd love to see that "all reports" he's not in the office.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK