Charles's affairs

Started by Curryong, August 05, 2017, 05:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Let's have a little look at Charles's affairs, shall we, especially those with married women like Kanga Tryon. A little light reading below about a certain flight to Iceland and how Charles kept a reception committee complete with band waiting at an airport in Iceland because he was tangled up with Kanga in the private compartment of the Queen's Flight.

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

sandy

Lady Kanga even bragged about her involvement with Charles in that plane, according to Sarah Bradford and other writers. Charles also "dated" Camilla and Andrew, with the three seen on a night on the town. Then he went on a trip with the Tryons.

Trudie

royalanthropologist

All true and shocking to some...but context is everything. When Charles is compared to the last 10 Princes of Wales principals it is clear that he is nowhere being the worst in terms of having affairs with married people. Secondly, the middle class values of sexuality do not make sense for the upper classes. It is just another way of living that middle class people may never understand. The fact that APB goes on a date with his wife and her lover may be shocking to some people but that is how they lead their lives. Even today APB gets on well with C&C. He does not look to me like the devastated cuckold. Their divorce was very amicable and civilized. No use of children to punish one another, no counter press briefings, no attempts to upstage, no confessionals, not attempts to compete over who the best most loving parent is etc. If more divorcing couples behaved like Camilla and APB, we would have less drama in family courts.

Then the absolute game changer is that since around 1986; Charles has dated and married one woman...Camilla. She is happy with the arrangement and he is happy with it. That is 30 years of being together as a couple, not something that many people achieve today. If it works for them, I do not see what the problem is. They have found the balance and a relationship that is perfect for their lifestyles. As for offending other peoples moral code, Charles is not the first and not the last leader or royal to have an affair. Not by a long shot. The difference with him is that he refused to be bulldozed into sticking with his much younger and more aesthetically beautiful wife. He bucked the trend by not going for the trophy  younger mistress but an older, sensible, well-adjusted woman who understands him and his wife. Perfect arrangement for them.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

APB was rewarded for being "civilized" it does not mean the "arrangement" was moral or ethical. I think it was rather sick.  APB and Camilla had two small children when Charles decided he still "wanted" Camilla.  APB must have not been totally happy with it or he would not have divorced Camilla after Charles told the world she was his mistress. If he were "OK" he'd just sail along with the "arrangement." The PB children were hurt by it. Tom was teased at school after it became public knowledge that Camilla was mistress of CHarles. Tom turned to drugs for a time. Laura allegedly told CHarles to leave them alone when he called the PB home. Charles did date more than Camilla. He was said to have proposed and was turned down by two other women.  Charles and Camilla were not a "couple" for 30 years, since both were married to others. He had other women so they were not "exclusive." She was married to someone else.  There were other royals who did not have affairs including Charles maternal grandparents. George VI did not go in for Charles lifestyle when he was a young man. George V also was faithful to his wife.  Bertie (George VI) had a married mistress but did not decide he'd be faithful to his married mistress while he married someone else to have children with. He dropped the mistress. Charles DID marry Diana and regardless of the age of the mistress he had he still cheated. Charles should have just not married someone so he could be faithful to a married woman. I think Charles caused a lot of damage to maintain his "lifestyle." He also vacationed with the Tryons and was "with" Dale Tryon so he was hardly faithful to Camilla.

Curryong

Charles 'refused to be bulldozed into sticking with his ...wife'!  :ugh:

You write as if Charles should be given a personal honour for separating from his wife and going back to his mistress! The Order of Infidelty, First Class, perhaps, with clasp and Star with Camilla's portrait on it and the wife Diana, crossed off in red pen! Or The Star of I Never Loved My Wife,  Second Class. With a picture of Prince Philip and the Motto under it 'I blame HIM!' Charles could wear those instead of all the medals on his chest that he has never earned!

I'd remind you that Charles married Diana, said vows in front of an altar and Camilla did the same when she married Andrew. This star-crossed lovers over the decades thing is a complete myth. Charles should have remained faithful to his wife Diana and vice versa. Camilla should have remained faithful to Andrew and vice versa. That way there probably wouldn't have been a divorce with either party, would there, and no drama on anybody's side.

royalanthropologist

Actually @Curryong. Those medals are for organizations Charles represents and also for his service as Prince of Wales. Charles was part of the military services and he has a couple of medals for those. It is shocking to me that people continue to say "he wears medals he has not earned" as if he is the first royal to wear representational medals. Just goes to show you how successful Charles' enemies have been at mis-characterizing him.

I referenced Charles' refusal to refuse to be bulldozed into remaining with Diana or to give up Camilla as an indicator that is he is not the "weasly, weak, wishy washy" person that people have wanted to paint him. Charles was no longer happy in that marriage. Nobody should be forced to remain in a marriage in which they are not happy. A marriage is a choice and not a prison. That is why we have divorce. Had the couple divorced in 1984 or 1986, it would have saved them and many people a lot of stress. They could each have remarried and live their own lives instead of making each other misery.

Those wedding vows have been broken and will continue to be broken by everybody from royals to paupers. It is unrealistic to expect that people must remain in toxic relationship because they once swore to love one another. I am supportive of a very radical view. Marriages should lapse every year unless they are renewed by the couple. That would help to reign in people's behavior. They play all nice until the ring is on...then the true colors come out. When the other party wants to move on, they cling on for dear life insisting "but you swore to love me till the end of time". I think that is just wrong. You should remain married to someone because you want to and the arrangement works for you both; not because someone else insists that you should never ever break up.

I also find it quite interesting that there is an assumption that without Camilla, the Wales marriage would have survived. If everything that Diana said in her tapes, book and interviews is true; there is not a chance that marriage would have seen out a decade. It was founded on the wrong principles and neither party really loved the other. They were not even good enough companions to make it work. Camilla or no Camilla, that marriage was going down.

Double post auto-merged: August 06, 2017, 08:32:05 AM

@sandy. All you are saying may be true but the bottom line is that Charles has chosen Camilla and is with her now. Those first wife, old girlfriends, mistresses and rejected proposals no longer matter in his life. They are the past.  Neither Charles nor Camilla nor APB  is complaining and neither are their children or immediate families. Indeed Tom and Laura are on record saying theirs is a wonderful father and they get on well with their step father. William and Harry have said that same things about their father and step mother.

APB does not strike me as being unhappy with anything. He got remarried/widowed and regularly socializes with C&C. I can therefore safely assume that the current arrangement is preferable to staying in toxic marriages. That to me trumps the moral values of 3rd parties who are outraged at their marital arrangements. Ditto for those who say that Camilla maintains Ray Mill House as a bolt hole. You may find it "sick" but it works for them. Their marriage, their rules.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

My point is that he was not "faithful" to Camilla for 30 years because she was married with children and he had various liaisons. Junor even writes about Camilla keeping other women away. ANd she did have Elizabeth Buckanan sacked because Charles was spending too much time with her.  How is it known how APB feels? He obviously did not like Charles blabbing to all that he had an affair with his wife. Even though he was "civilized" he promptly called for a divorce from Camilla.There are limits to being "civilized." William and Harry have their own lives now and William spends a lot of time with his in-laws. Tom PB traded on his association with Mum and Sir and even left his own father APB off some of his biographical blurbs in his cooking books.  I found the liaison of Charles and his friend and APB and Camilla a rather sick situation. I am talking about back when Charles re-connected with Camilla in the seventies and the two would go on dates. He did the same with Kanga and her husband.

I think Charles was wishy washy by thinking he could have it all. He knew he did not love Diana and married her anyway and he intended to keep on his association with Camilla. He also almost brags about how he was "forced" to marry her. That makes him look like a real wimp. IMO. He made the decisions

FanDianaFancy

I have not been around. On my gosh, the rewriting of history of these people is just silly.

Opinions , there are none, when the facts are there.

Pardon me for repeating myself again and again, but I said over and over that some people in that world have affairs but never ever has the husband had the wife and mother upsurges. Public ally so.

Even non royals of Joespeh Kennedy never had that. Common billionaires like Trump did. Again , a rewrite of history facts, but Conservative right wing hard core religious groups consider Trump a man of  professional, private,  staunch morals.

Really?

Again, twist it in your fantasy as you wish to make C and PC a romantic love story for the ages, but it was not. Twist and make your fantasy as you wish, but Tommy and Laura and their families with Their DaddyCharlie and  Mum and William and his family and Harry and gf Megan calling Camilla, MommyCammy and Sunday did nners is , lol, just not so.

Go for it.

I have a fantasy every Sunday morning that I won Saturday's lotto.😂