Royals family paid tribute to Manchester bombing

Started by sara8150, May 23, 2017, 04:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "A message from The Duke of Cambridge following last night's attack in Manchester. https://t.co/g8EWtuC2A8"

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:05:33 PM

Daily Mail U.K. on Twitter: "The Queen leads her Buckingham Palace guests in minute's silence for those killed in Manchester terror attack

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:08:32 PM

The Queen condemns 'act of barbarity' and shares her sympathies after Manchester attack at Ariana Grande concert
The Queen condemns 'act of barbarity' and shares her sympathies after Manchester attack at Ariana Grande concert

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:12:15 PM

Manchester terror attack: Queen and royal family hold minute's silence for victims
Manchester terror attack: Queen holds minute's silence for bombing victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:13:51 PM

Rarely emotional Queen reacts to Manchester attack with THIS heartfelt message...
Queen sends sympathy to Manchester condemning bombing as 'act of barbarity' | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:16:37 PM

Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William send message to victims of Manchester bombing
Manchester bombing: Kate Middleton & Prince William send message to victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

Prince William: Thoughts with those 'confronting grief'
Prince William: Thoughts with those 'confronting grief' - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:21:32 PM

The Queen pays tribute to victims of Manchester terror attack
The Queen pays tribute to victims of Manchester terror attack

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:24:17 PM

Queen Elizabeth Responds to 'Act of Barbarity' at Manchester Concert: 'The Whole Nation Has Been Shocked by the Death and Injury'
Queen Elizabeth Responds to 'Act of Barbarity' at Manchester Concert

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:32:40 PM

Queen leads minutes' silence for Manchester terror victims at Buckingham Prince as Prince William praises the city's 'strength, decency, and community as an example to the world'
The Queen holds minute's silence for Manchester attack | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2017, 04:34:20 PM

'We are profoundly shocked and deeply distressed': Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall join the Queen in expressing sympathy to the victims of the Manchester terror attack
Charles and Camilla express sadness over Manchester attack | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Absolutely terrible news last night regarding the senseless attack in Manchester, UK at the concert. I was just at the U2 show in Los Angeles on Sunday night, so it breaks my heart to see so many killed and injured after a fun evening.

Thank you to the first responders and the citizens of Manchester who have opened their homes, driven people in their cars and aided where they could as you are a bright and shining light in a terrible darkness.

Curryong

Yes, TLLK, just a terrible thing, made even more grotesque by the fact that this time it was aimed at children. There will be no justice for these families as the bomber blew himself up.

It was good to see that other Heads of State/monarchs sent notes of sympathy and solidarity. The people of Manchester are tough. The blitz in Manchester, then an industrial area, was almost as bad as London's during WW2. They also had IRA bombings decades ago. This is a tragedy of another nature but the citizens of Manchester will support each other as other cities, Boston, Brussels, Nice, London, Paris and of course New York, have done. They will not allow themselves to be defeated by terrorism of any sort.

Windsor

Terrible news - what kind of world do we live in now? :ugh:

Jennifer

It was tragic what happened at the Manchester concert earlier this week. My condolences goes out to the family and friends of the victims. Unfortunately, we live in a scary world where terrorists will boldly carry out their attacks and kill innocent people. Hopefully soon, there will be an effective plan that will defeat the terrorist groups so they will know that people have not given up and that there is victory over the evil in this world. There is still hope no matter how terrible circumstances have gotten.

QuoteHer Majesty The Queen releases statement on Manchester bombing

On Monday night, a bombing at the Manchester Arena at the end of an Ariana Grande concert killed 22 people and injured at least another 59.

Ariana Grande reacted on Twitter last night about the suspected terror attack saying: "Broken. From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don't have words."

Last night, Prime Minister Theresa May called the attack "an appalling terrorist attack." UK election campaigning has been suspended after the horrendous attack. This morning, Her Majesty released her own statement on the attack, saying:

Read more:
Her Majesty The Queen releases statement on Manchester bombing – Royal Central

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

Curryong

I'm very glad to see the Queen doing this. She is usually quite reluctant to do so, letting rescue workers and the police do their work without interruption in times of disaster. Charles has visited patients recovering from terrorist attacks before, but I'm sure it's an immense comfort to the people of Manchester to see their sovereign at one with them in their troubles.

When there was a huge land slip in Wales at Aberfan in the 1960's, causing huge casualties in one little town the Queen didn't visit for days. In those days people were much more deferential but it's been said that she deeply regretted delaying her visit. She hasn't this time.

TLLK

Yes it seems that HM wants to be there at the site of a national tragedy as soon as possible once the first responders have left the scene and the police have done their initial investigation work.

sara8150

The Queen comforts young victims of Manchester terror attack: 'It's dreadful. Very wicked'
Queen arrives at Manchester hospital to meet victims of attack

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:28:59 PM

'It's Dreadful. Very Wicked': Queen Elizabeth Comforts 14-Year-Old Manchester Attack Victim in Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Visits Manchester Attack Victims

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:30:27 PM

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Manchester Attack Victims: Photos
Queen Elizabeth II Visits Manchester Attack Victims: Photos - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:33:26 PM

Queen meets young Manchester bomb victims on visit to children's hospital and calls attack 'very wicked'
Queen meets young Manchester bomb victims on visit to children's hospital and calls attack 'very wicked'

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:34:11 PM

The Queen condemns 'very wicked' Manchester concert attack
The Queen condemns 'very wicked' Manchester concert attack

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:36:33 PM

Queen's rare outburst on 'very wicked' attack as she visits young bomb victims in hospital
Manchester bombing: Queen meets young victims and staff at children's hospital | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 03:37:28 PM

Queen calls Manchester attack 'very wicked' as she visits victims in hospital
Queen calls Manchester attack 'very wicked' as she visits victims in hospital - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 11:57:12 PM

Changing of the Guard Cancelled at Buckingham Palace After Manchester Bombing
Changing of the Guard Cancelled at Buckingham Palace After Manchester Bombing

Double post auto-merged: May 25, 2017, 11:58:49 PM

Queen condemns 'wicked' Manchester bomb attack
Queen condemns 'wicked' Manchester bomb attack - BBC News

LouisFerdinand

Duch_Luver_4ever

"Unfortunately, we live in a scary world where terrorists will boldly carry out their attacks and kill innocent people. Hopefully soon, there will be an effective plan that will defeat the terrorist groups so they will know that people have not given up and that there is victory over the evil in this world. There is still hope no matter how terrible circumstances have gotten."

Thats true, Jennifer. Sadly, until Britain takes a hard look at whats going on, there will not be any improvement. We've seen a lot in the media about "just get used to it" that kind of appeasement will only embolden them, and governments will gladly offer us a choice of taking away more freedoms under the guise of providing more "security". We need a good dose of remembering what appeasement did for Neville Chamberlain.

Often times these attackers are "known to govt and security services" but theyre too busy chasing people over mean tweets, or like the drunk guy who threw bacon at a mosque was put in jail for it and died in jail. Not to defend what he did, but its a question of resources and priorities, im guessing those parents that now have to bury a child in Manchester would rather the police caught that guy when he came back from training in Libya instead of some people with hurt feelings over bacon on their front steps, that "evil doer" got put away pronto.

Man jailed for leaving bacon sandwiches outside a mosque found dead in prison halfway through sentence

#MANCHESTERBOMBING RESPONSE: Unity?! How About Honesty... - YouTube

https://www.therebel.media/tommy_robinson_the_major_of_greater_manchester_works_with_islamic_radicals

https://www.therebel.media/tommy_robinson_the_truth_about_my_dawn_arrest

Compare this with "the troubles" of the 60s 70s and 80s and the resolve the UK had about facing it. Now Ill need to defer to those of you that lived in the UK, but the media over here gave the impression that there wasnt large waves of immigration of Irish to the UK then, or them setting up many Catholic Churches with many Catholics saying they would support bombing of Protestants/British people or shelter IRA members. Im sure some did, but the UK did a better job of keeping tabs on them.

If the UK at the time took in hundreds of thousands of Irish with little oversight on their documents and had them IRA radicalizing, the people would have been up in arms.

What got the UK through that period was greater containment of the problem by keeping offshore, albeit the poor people in Northern Ireland had to deal with it, now all of the UK is Northern Ireland. If I was the UK, id really be worried about the IRA starting up again.

While there was a lot of negotiating during the late 90s/early 2000s, I also think the strong stand the US/ UK took after 9/11 made the IRA/Irish Gov't realize that if the US could attack Afghanistan over sheltering terrorists, the UK could be let off the leash and be able to strike at Ireland, and IRA members could be taken to Gitmo, or extraordinary renditioned, and made a deal look really good at the time.

Now with the UK and Europe desperately trying to appease and deny a problem even exists, if I were the IRA, i'd be looking at dusting off the old weapons. I hope that doesnt happen, it would be awful, but it could be an unforeseen problem from all this "cultural enrichment".

Did the UK say in the 70s that IRA attacks "were inevitable" and we should "just get used to it" England needs to stop being a house cat and be a lion again. HM and the gov't over the past have much to answer for allowing these conditions to happen at home. We need her to be "Defender of the Faith" again. She will probably be the last we'll have given Charles ideas of being "Defender of many faiths".

Hashtags and Facebook avatar filters arent going to fix the problem.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

I just want to say, going slightly off-topic, (nothing new for me I'm afraid), half an hour ago I sat down to watch on TV,  my favourite team play footie in Melbourne  (not soccer or rugby, AFL.) It was a special tribute night to the many aboriginal players who've played the game over the decades and also a commemoration of fifty years since our Constitution was changed and a referendum brought in voting for our indigenous peoples. There has been entertainment before the match featuring indigenous music etc.

However, in a terrible week in which young people were slaughtered for attending a concert, the cameras showed some of the 90,000 crowd going into the sports arena, all perepared to enjoy the match. Among them was the leader of the Oppostion, (our federal Labor Party,) wandering in holding his little girl in his arms. Another shot showed our Prime Minister, with a friend. They had ordinary people all around them, no armed guards, they were just walking into our main sporting arena, the MCG, to watch some football. It was very heartening, somehow.

TLLK

^^^I love the idea that Australian political leaders such as the PM and the leader of the opposition can attend a public event without massive security.

amabel

I think it is very foolish... in today's world no world leader is safe.  and if there is an incident, it can cause a tailspin..

Duch_Luver_4ever

A rare agreement for me and amabel, these days Op Sec (operational security) cant be taken for granted these days, ask Lord Mountbatten if he wished he'd taken it more seriously, etc. By I hear what youre saying @TLLK about it being a nice message that the whole worlds not a police state.

But Australia and NZ have taken a very different approach to refugees and immigration than europe, and also its much harder for them to get there from Africa/Middle East, etc.

They have taken heat for their "refugee island" of Nairu (sp) the place known for bird guano and money laundering keeping the bulk of them from nearby countries off the main Australian island, but you dont hear of many concerts getting attacked there with the frequency that europe has.

An even stricter example is Japan, taking in virtually no refugees, part of it is thay have a strict idea about keeping cultural and racial uniformity(which oddly, the trendies give them a free pass for where other countries/groups would get vilified for that), also they have experience with a "divine war" if you see japans war in color on youtube, they felt WW2 was one, and you could argue that kamakazi's were the first "suicide bombers" one could argue they understand the issue better than most countries.

Its interesting how there's such a variety of approaches to the situation over the world, and the results in security are very striking.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

I like Prince William's statement of "We also send our thanks to the people of Manchester for their display of strength, decency, and community that is an example to the world." 
In a time of tragedy, how noble of Manchester to have endurance to continue!

Duch_Luver_4ever

Ariana Grande 'said she hoped her fans would all f***ing die' | Daily Mail Online

Ariana Grande Says "I Hate Americans. I Hate America." After Appearing to Lick On-Display Doughnuts | Hollywood Reporter

Soooooo, a few years ago she hoped her fans would f-n die, good job, libtard Ariana, you got your wish!!! Plus she hates America and Americans, her birth country...so tell you what, you can give her an honorary Damehood if you agree to keep her over there, please.. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: