Queen's Selfie Shows New Side of Royals

Started by cinrit, July 22, 2014, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteA selfie taken by two teenagers featuring Spain's new Queen Letizia took Spain by storm on Monday, with the girls describing the wife of the country's new king as "very friendly".

The photo was snapped during a visit by Queen Letizia and her husband King Felipe to Madrid's Kinépolis cinema on Friday evening.  It features a casual-looking Letizia — a former newsreader — in a yellow t-shirt with two smiling teenage fans.

The teens described Spain's new queen as very friendly, and told Spain's Europa Press news agency she had chatted with them for a while.

More: Queen's selfie shows new side of royals - The Local

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HistoryGirl

I love how she wasn't rude or flippant even though she was having private hang out time and she was gracious enough to do it.

TLLK

TM are on an introductory one day visit to France today. They've met with President Hollande, the PM and his wife and other members of the government.

Jennifer

I like how down to earth Queen Letizia is. She seems really friendly as the girls who took the picture with her said.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

SophieChloe

I agree.  She looks lovely, poised and she stands up straight.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me