Duchess of Cambridge : East Anglia’s Children's Hospices Capital Appeal Launch

Started by cinrit, November 14, 2014, 01:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

From Twitter:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail  ·  21h 21 hours ago
Nov 25: The Duchess of Cambridge will attend East Anglia's Children's Hospices Norfolk Capital Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2014, 02:18:17 PM

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Will Help Launch Appeal for £10M Children's Hospice in Norfolk

Kate Middleton, who is East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Royal Patron, has given a huge boost to the charity's appeal to build a new hospice in the heart of the county.

For it has been announced that Her Royal Highness will attend the launch of the fundraising drive at the Norfolk Showground.  Her appearance is set to put the profile of the campaign on a national stage, and make a real difference to the charity's efforts.
Graham Butland, chief executive of EACH, said: "We're really excited about the launch event as we've been working on this project for a long time behind the scenes and it'll be great to finally share our vision publicly.

"Everyone at EACH is honoured and extremely proud to have the Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron and delighted that Her Royal Highness will be attending the launch event.

"The Duchess's support continues to help us increase awareness and understanding of the care and support we provide, and in this instance, to highlight the need for a new children's hospice in the heart of Norfolk.

More: Duchess of Cambridge will help launch appeal for £10m children?s hospice in Norfolk - News - Eastern Daily Press

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on November 14, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
From Twitter:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail  ·  21h 21 hours ago
Nov 25: The Duchess of Cambridge will attend East Anglia's Children's Hospices Norfolk Capital Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2014, 02:18:17 PM

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Will Help Launch Appeal for £10M Children's Hospice in Norfolk

Kate Middleton, who is East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Royal Patron, has given a huge boost to the charity's appeal to build a new hospice in the heart of the county.

For it has been announced that Her Royal Highness will attend the launch of the fundraising drive at the Norfolk Showground.  Her appearance is set to put the profile of the campaign on a national stage, and make a real difference to the charity's efforts.
Graham Butland, chief executive of EACH, said: "We're really excited about the launch event as we've been working on this project for a long time behind the scenes and it'll be great to finally share our vision publicly.

"Everyone at EACH is honoured and extremely proud to have the Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron and delighted that Her Royal Highness will be attending the launch event.

"The Duchess's support continues to help us increase awareness and understanding of the care and support we provide, and in this instance, to highlight the need for a new children's hospice in the heart of Norfolk.

More: Duchess of Cambridge will help launch appeal for £10m children?s hospice in Norfolk - News - Eastern Daily Press

Cindy
Thank you for sharing the information Cindy. I'm glad for Norfolk that they've received permission for the site and that it will be able to provide for the families who sadly need this type of facility.

Canuck

Great to see EACH expanding its work, I hope they raise a lot of money!

wannable

wannable

Nice.

A pollination mutualism.

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 12:54:51 PM

The Mirror live feed

Live: Kate Middleton launches fundraising campaign to build new children's hospice - Mirror Online

Canuck

Emily Andrews is reporting that it was Kate's idea to design a range of mugs, etc. to sell for the appeal, and she contacted the designer and worked with her on them.  Fantastic idea (given how the Kate effect causes so many things to sell out, I'm sure knowing Kate personally worked on the design will have a similar effect here), and a great example of the behind-the-scenes involvement she has with her patronages.   :thumbsup:

cinrit

It's a nice design.  I wish we could see one of the pieces closer up.

Quote'Enormously Proud' Duchess of Cambridge Launches Funding Appeal for New Children's Hospice

Kate, 32, braved a bitterly cold frosty morning, wearing a red Katherine *** dress, to attend the launch at the Norfolk Showground in Norwich.  She met families, volunteers and supporters from the East Anglia Children's Hospices (EACH) charity of which she has been a patron since 2012.

The charity currently has a Norfolk hospice in the village of Quidenham but it is old and outdated with limited resources.

The ambitious appeal hopes to raise enough money to build and equip a new hospice, The Nook, in Framingham Earl, Norfolk, to help the county's sick children.

In a message on the eve of her visit, the Duchess spoke of her pride at being involved in the charity which supports children with life-threatening conditions and their families.  She said: "I greatly admire the dedication, generosity and achievements of the charity's supporters and volunteers, and look forward to seeing the progress of this campaign."
KATE'S MESSAGE:

"The year ahead is an exciting one for East Anglia's Children's Hospices.

"In addition to developing their care across East Anglia, the task of fund-raising for a new hospice in the heart of Norfolk begins.

"I have been fortunate to meet with a number of families receiving services from EACH.

"Hearing how much EACH's support means to them reminds me what a wonderful organisation it is: I am enormously proud to be their patron.

More: Kate Middleton launches funding appeal for new children's hospice | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

wannable

Emily Andrews (@byEmilyAndrews) tweeted at 9:51am - 25 Nov 14:

For those asking the Emma Bridgewater/Kate designed mugs will be available from March 2015 on her website & shops pic.twitter.com/tjuGb1o5d7 (Emily Andrews on Twitter: "For those asking the Emma Bridgewater/Kate designed mugs will be available from March 2015 on her website & shops)

Macrobug

They are rather busy but I like them.  Especially the lady bug design

This is the kind of thing I envision her doing to help the charities.  Brilliant idea.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on November 25, 2014, 01:11:58 PM
Emily Andrews is reporting that it was Kate's idea to design a range of mugs, etc. to sell for the appeal, and she contacted the designer and worked with her on them.  Fantastic idea (given how the Kate effect causes so many things to sell out, I'm sure knowing Kate personally worked on the design will have a similar effect here), and a great example of the behind-the-scenes involvement she has with her patronages.   :thumbsup:
Hopefully, she will continue this real behind-the-scenes involvement in the future. And, it won't be a once in lifetime gimmick like the scouts visit.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Quote from: Macrobug on November 25, 2014, 02:51:01 PM
They are rather busy but I like them.  Especially the lady bug design

This is the kind of thing I envision her doing to help the charities.  Brilliant idea.

I'm with you, Macrobug, I think they're busy but in a fun way.  I think the idea was probably to create something very distinctive to encourage purchases -- a plain white mug with a stripe on it (like the ones I actually own!) is pretty and simple, but there are a million of those out there already so people might not be as interested in purchasing the EACH ones if they had chosen a pattern like that.  They also seem to be going for something children would like, especially with the ladybugs, which makes sense in light of the cause they're in support of.

wannable

Quote from: Limabeany on November 25, 2014, 03:23:25 PM
Quote from: Canuck on November 25, 2014, 01:11:58 PM
Hopefully, she will continue this real behind-the-scenes involvement in the future. And, it won't be a once in lifetime gimmick like the scouts visit.

To be fair she is a volunteer scout leader, responsibility falls in the hands of the Duke of Kent and Sophie Wessex, the later as President of the girl guide chapter of the scouts association.  There are plenty of articles stating the volunteer fact by Bear Gryles, the wording is when possible.  It seems to be the same case with the Paralympic gate, a friend working at the DM said their weekend france trip wasn't slated tied to the Paralympics because factual the couple went more times rather than its own Royal patron and president.

TLLK

Good luck to EACH as they seek the funds to build a new and needed facility. Holy moley that teapot is enormous!!!!

Canuck

I mean, if there aren't stories about Kate's behind-the-scenes work, people say that's evidence she does nothing.  If there are, people brush it off as PR.

Is this good PR for Kate?  Sure -- and it comes from her doing some good work with and on behalf of EACH.  It's also good PR for EACH, which will make more money selling those items because people know Kate helped design them.  That's a win-win, and it's exactly what the Royals are supposed to be doing.

wannable

The Royal correspondents @ Each saw the table with the first production display, read the brochure,  read the poster,read the website nook appeal, added it to their storyline. 

Each Norfolk will have their new facilities, sponsors are impressive.

Canuck

I understand how PR works, tiaras.  I just don't really see the relevance of statements like "this is PR" -- of course it is, but so is any story about Kate doing something good.  The whole point of the BRF is to generate good PR, for their patronages and for the UK broadly, as well as for the BRF itself.  In this case, Kate looks good because she did something good, and EACH gets a major publicity boost that should help fundraising.  That's a good thing.   :thumbsup:

wannable

The PR tool is offtenly used when something is fluffy. This is not the case, journalists there didn't miss the display, poster, brochure and website nook appeal mention. If they missed and brushed the table and no reporting or photo evidence of the display, they aren't doing proper journalism!

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 05:26:20 PM

I have to add that not only the display of products of Kate's contribution of designing the mug, but this today event is very well organized, brochures, sponsors, 700 guests for the launching of the nook appeal....there's some nice photos of the table seating updated in the DM Kate visit headlines.

HsHCharlene

This looked like a really good event and one to keep doing for the Duchess. Her doing this wasn't really pr to me, it was her doing her job! The pr bit was the tearful Kate hugging a mother at the end right before she was to leave. It definitely goes to tie in with "Caring Kate". She's going to have to work a little harder and more regularly to earn that in people's minds and not just the press.

cinrit

QuoteNorwich Mother Reveals Duchess of Cambridge Wrote to Her Following the Death of Her Baby Daughter

Kate was attending the launch of a fundraising campaign to help East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), where she is royal patron, build a new £10 million hospice when she met families who have benefited from the charity’s work.

Among them was Leigh Smith, a 33-year-old physiotherapist from Norwich whose daughter Beatrice died from a rare heart condition after just 89 days.

She revealed how she wrote a letter to Kate outlining her story, only to receive a personal reply from the duchess.  Mrs Smith said: “I was so surprised to receive a letter with such personal comments and signed by her.

“It was a lovely gesture and helped me through a terrible time.  I was touched that she had taken so much time to carefully read my letter and then to reply herself - it shows how much she cares.

“When I met her today she remembered the letter and said it was an honour to meet me.  I was completely taken aback - for me it was an honour to meet her.”
The new hospice for Norfolk would be called The Nook and be built on a woodland plot near the village of Framingham Earl. This will replace an outdated facility in Quidenham, the oldest hospice in the country.

Kate has played an active role in the campaign and introduced ceramics manufacturer Emma Bridgewater to EACH and suggested a range of mugs could be designed to support the fundraising campaign.

More: Norwich mother reveals Duchess of Cambridge wrote to her following the death of her baby daughter - News - Eastern Daily Press

Cindy

wannable

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2014, 06:26:33 PM
^ Moving story, thank you for sharing. A superb cherry topping.
Agreed. IMO this is why hospice facilities are important to provide before and aftercare services for families. I'm glad that the letter has given this grieving mother some comfort.

cinrit

A heartwarming story for sure. :)

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Greeted by Ecstatic Schoolchildren at Norfolk Showground  (VIDEO)

Children from nearby Queen's Hill Primary School in Costessey met the Duchess with screams and waved flags from the East Anglia Children's Hospices (EACH).

Catherine is the charity's Royal Patron and she was at the showground to help EACH launch a £10 million appeal to build a new hospice, called the nook, for seriously ill Norfolk children.

There might have been frost on the ground, but this morning the Duchess braved the wintry conditions without a coat, opting for a red knee-length Katherine Hooker dress and black suede stiletto pumps.

Before heading inside, the Duchess - who revealed a hint of a baby bump - spoke to eager youngsters from Queen's Hill Primary and Nursery.

More: Mustard video and photo gallery: Duchess of Cambridge greeted by ecstatic schoolchildren at Norfolk Showground - News - Eastern Daily Press

At video counter 2:25, Graham Butland, Chief Executive of EACH, says that: "not only likes to be kept in touch with what's going on, but she's made a number of private visits to the hospice and to meet with families without any publicity, as well.  And I don't think the public do see that really makes a difference to the families...."

Cindy

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the link and the comments made by Mr. Butland.

Limabeany

Loved the dress and hair, the whole look. :thumbsup: IMO, she looks and acts much more self-assured on assignments when she is pregnant.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.