Meghan Markle echo Princess Diana after Royal Visit to Grenfell Tower Victims

Started by sara8150, February 13, 2018, 05:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

The press is pushing it because the fans started it.

Kate fans feared Meghan would outshine Kate & everything she did started to show that to be true. They started attacking Meghan on everything & the Meghan fans started reminding people of Kate's flaws.   :shrug:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Meghan will outshine Kate like Harry outshines William, the have less on their plate as far as being expected to rule, so they dont have to act as starchy as W&K may be expected.

Quote from: royalanthropologist on February 15, 2018, 10:43:00 PM
What I see is the press trying to divide and conquer, suggesting that someone that has just come on the scene is somehow the be all and end all of compassionate monarchy. That is a glorious pedestal but she will be brought down...by none other than the press that put her high.

Better to follow the experienced experts than trying to cause a sensation. I am sensing a Kate vs. Meghan vibe that is being pushed by the press...dangerous stuff considering the fact that one day Kate will be the queen with the expectation that Meghan will always give her deference. You buy into the media hype and your stay in BRF will be a very unhappy one...I have seen that story before and it does not end well.

Agreed in that, im guessing Meghan has had enough experience in the Hollywood press machine to not be awed by the novelty shed face if shed had a different job. The trick will be going from a job where the goal was to be as visible as possible to moderating and muting her exposure in the future.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

QuoteMeghan will outshine Kate like Harry outshines William, the have less on their plate as far as being expected to rule, so they dont have to act as starchy as W&K may be expected
I agree that for present, that the media attention is on the engaged couple and will be for awhile. They're going to be the newlyweds. IMHO the Cambridges are more than happy and relieved to let them have all of the unrelenting press attention. :lol:

Kritter

Quotethe have less on their plate

What plate is that? Is it the plate that says William is required to do more for the Monarchy because one day he will be King.

I guess William missed that memo since he has never shown to care about the Monarchy. Oh but he is known for loving those perks.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

@SophieChloe -The Cambridge engagement thread part 2 has a listing of their future joint and solo engagements for this upcoming week through the end of February.  :)

The Harry and Meghan engagements thread also has his upcoming events along with his joint ones with Meghan.

Duch_Luver_4ever

There'll be plenty of time for them to do that once Charles is on the throne. For now hes making sure the marriage is solid and the kids turn out right, nothing any of his parents or grandparents could do on the royal side at least, idk about Kates side.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

Other than the Oxfam scandal, apparently World Vision, which MM was an ambassador, said charity is in sex for food scandal too.  It will be hitting the news quite soon.   KP will really need to audit any charity Ms. Markle will be involved as a representative of the BRF.

Kritter

I notice Meghan's detractors are trying very hard to link her with something involving sex.   :lol: 

It really is funny because the BRF who has more resources would have already found something if it were there. Supporting a charity doesn't mean a person gets into every aspect of every person involved in the charity.   :lol:

At this point the things they are coming up with are plain stupid. Saying things like she thought.   :lol:  They have no idea what Meghan thought. I saw one where her ex husbands girlfriend does the same things Meghan does & looks like Meghan so Meghan was copying her just to trap her husband.   :laugh10: 

As if women can't be interested in the same things or that a man can't  have a certain type of woman he prefers & that is the type he looks for.

They really are starting to show signs of outright stupidity in their quest to create a humanitarian into a user.

wannable

I am talking about Oxfam and World Vision, 2 charities that this week are being investigated for sex scandals.  The first she had her alleged secret visit (but did go with a journalist) and the second, she was an ambassador.

Why is it bad that KP investigates any and all possible charities MM will be involved? What would you prefer her to do, hit the floor and run to any charity without knowing if the charity is transparent?

Kritter

I didn't say KP was bad for looking at charities. Where did you get that? I was talking about Meghan's detractor's.

As for looking at charities none of them can ever know what is going on inside until an insider comes out & tells them.

What will happen when a scandal opens up about one of W&K's charities? Will your point of view change?   :D

Omid Scobie‏Verified account @_mio

QuoteLooks like Harry & Meghan went to see @HamiltonWestEnd at @VictoriaPalace theatre on Friday night! Cast member @lesliegbowman says it "was an honour" to have them in the audience.

wannable

Your point has nothing to do with charities. Your point has to do with wackos, which is not even remotely related to charities.

Knee jerking, no W&K, the charity royal patronages they are involved to date have been audited previous to receiving a royal patron.  Royal patronages may be taken away though when a yearly audit of wrong doing happens, but previous to a Royal being a patron, the household of the royal must review the charity.

Kritter

Your point has nothing to do with this thread but your knee jerk reaction to anything good that Meghan does is to try & turn it into something bad.

Meghan's detractors have tried to use this story to show that she does not really care. You are trying to imply that Meghan has something to do with this charities scandal because she visited some people that had lived through a tragedy.

The thread is about Meghan being kind & not about some charity being bad.

wannable

It does have to do, as when this article was reported, a few hours later the charity of the Grenfell Towers scandal also appeared as headline news. 

Other than, the PR secret visit intention fell apart due to the charity scandal. In other words, when word of her alleged secret visit was reported, marketing PR wise it should be reproduced by the media, but it did not because the charity was hit by scandal a few hours later, superseding her PR secret visit.

The reality is, IF MM wants to do good as you put it, she will need to exercise patience of BRF royal patronage policy, wait until charity is audited and good to go.

Nobody can compete with the media: charity  she visit glowing report versus charity she visited is hit by scandal.  The later will always take precedence in the clicks.

Kritter

:bounce:  Meghan visited people that survived a tragedy & that is the story. The charity has nothing to do with her or her visits.   :monkey2:

wannable

Of course it has to do, the survivors are in a Mosque paid by Oxfam, the charity that made headline news this past monday for the same as World Vision, sex scandals.  Her visit was reported in the morning London time, by midday the scandal of the charity hit front page news.

The point remains, KP will be sanctioning the charities she relates to, they will not allow a BRF member tied to a charity immersed in scandal.

Kritter

I have to assume that you do not know that an individual giving comfort to survivors of a tragedy has nothing to do with a charitable organization other than bringing the two together.  :shrug:

wannable

Of course she is with journalists in tow for PR purpose.

The institution of the BRF do have policies in Royal patronages, her charity endeavours will be sanctioned a go or not.

Only if one is a conspiracy theorist and the BRF will let her do on her own what she feels like and get burned with publicity of bad asicciations.

TLLK

QuoteThe point remains, KP will be sanctioning the charities she relates to, they will not allow a BRF member tied to a charity immersed in scandal.
Right you are @wannable. EVERYTHING will be reviewed before the stamp of approval is given. :nod:

wannable

Thanks @TLLK my point is all the good may be quickly off by being associated to a chairity organization that may be wrong doing. Before her involvement, exercise patience Meghan, let KP do their job by reviewing, auditing the charity.

For the record, I'm not blaming her, but may be her over eagerness backfired PR purpose wise, as her news was freshly out, and the yay moment got overshadowed by the charity sex scandal that supports and feed the survivors.  Who knows if one of the people she was comforting was screwed for food. Terrible.

Kritter

Just keep trying to associate Meghan with this organization to fit some agenda or something.   :wacko: 

The conspiracy would be someone labeling Meghan with any charity since she hasn't even entered the BRF yet or chosen any charities since she hasn't entered the BRF yet a fact that you seem to miss.

I bet it doesn't take her a year to choose four charities & visit them once a year or when she needs some good PR the way Kate did.

wannable

I don't need to try. She went and even if you do not like it, the roof where the survivors are is paid for by Oxfam.

And her visit was publicized, she is a public figure, everything she does will be associated to the BRF.

Kritter

wannable

She will dissociate from Oxfam/World Vision, the investigations will take over a year for these two charities that Ms. Markle was involved with.  The later aids Africa and Haiti, with alleged money help from the Clinton Foundation. MM through her social media Twitter/TIG supported Hillary..  One can see where her inspiration and using her celebrity status came from to be the face. 

TLLK

Quotehanks @TLLK my point is all the good may be quickly off by being associated to a chairity organization that may be wrong doing.
:nod: Yes with KP's experience and resources they're going to be very diligent in vetting her future patronages and charities. Even though Meghan has not been accused of any wrong doing, the news about World Vision must be very troubling to her and I believe that she will want KP to conduct a thorough investigation about any organization.