Princess Caroline's networth?

Started by Yale, June 27, 2011, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

Now, I read in an article a while back that she is worth about 1 billion dollars just her alone and that her husband is also a billionaire.

Does anyone know?

leogirl

I'm not sure about Caroline, but Albert is for sure a billionaire. Their family is very, very rich.

blackprincess92

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Windsor

Princess Caroline alone is not worth much, only through her brother and husband can she claim vast personal wealth. The Grimaldi Family alone are worth around US$2 billion and the Prince of Hanover is said to be a billionaire, but I do not see any real evidence to support this.

Trudie

Be that as it may Windsor but didn't Caroline and Stephanie inherit from their father's personal fortune?.

Windsor

That could have been the case if a Will of Intent would have been left by the Late Prince Rainier III, but I do not think this was the case, and as such any and all personal wealth and property go from Sovereign to Sovereign.

XeniaCasaraghi

Princely houses seem to be far richer than royal houses.

Windsor

That might be because the two only Princely houses in Europe are also tax-heavens!  :eyes: :P

Trudie

Interesting!!!. Now Windsor another question a bit off topic but don't know where to ask. If Albert were to suddenly pass away before he and Charlene had a child would Caroline inherit everything and would Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre then become HSH. Also as her Brother is the sovereign though and HSH does he and Charlene have to bow/curtsy to Caroline as an HRH in Monaco?

Windsor

If that were to happen, then Princess Caroline would become the Sovereign Princess of Monaco, and her children would then be elevated to the rank of Serene Highnesses with Andrea Casiraghi becoming Hereditary Prince of Monaco and heir apparent to his mother.

No, in Monaco protocol is not as strict as other Royal Houses, and bowing is therefore not always observed.

missing diana

Quote from: Windsor on July 02, 2011, 03:22:48 PM
Princess Caroline alone is not worth much, only through her brother and husband can she claim vast personal wealth. The Grimaldi Family alone are worth around US$2 billion and the Prince of Hanover is said to be a billionaire, but I do not see any real evidence to support this.

It was my understanding that Caroline and Albert inherited approximately  £1.5 billion  from their father.  Ranier was unhappy with the way Stephanie was leading her life rewrote his will in 2001 and left her roughly  £12 million.  Albert has apparently been quite generous with Stephanie although I am not certain why she needs it.   Several articles attest to this including the tabloidy DM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4588/spike-Stephanies-inheritance-slashed.html

The Grimaldis also control much of the gambling income in Monaco which earns them a lot. One has to remember it is a shady place and I am certain they have  A LOT of untraceable wealth, like gold bullion.

Caroline also inherited around 200 million when her second husband, Stefano Casiraghi died in 1990. Caroline's children stand to inherit some of the vast Casiraghi landholdings in Italy. (On Charlotte's fifth birthday, Stefano's parents reportedly gave her an island off the Italian coast valued at about $7 million.) Prince Ernst-August is worth approx $140million with $100 million of that, properties. 

From the Telegraph    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/1487329/Tears-in-Monaco-after-passing-of-Europes-longest-serving-monarch.html

QuoteThe bulk of his fortune, unofficially estimated at up to £1.5 billion, will be divided between Albert and Caroline.
Concern about some of the company Stephanie kept led her father to limit her direct inheritance, according to the American biographer J Randy Taraborrelli.
On his assessment, she would still be left with a monthly allowance of more than £30,000, properties in France, Switzerland and the US, and the prospect of greater control of her share should she be deemed capable of handling it maturely.

Many estimate Ranier's estate to have been approx.  £2 billion, with 75% of it real estate.

Dozens of international banks do business in Monaco and VIE for the opportunity to do businees in Monaco *, and pay the Grimaldis, who own most of Monaco and its chief holding company, the SBM, many many millions per year.   *The russians built Pr. Albert a dacha as a "gift", either for favors/payback from is IOC/Olympic committee votes another Russian wanted to open a bank and presented him with equally outrageous "gifts".

Their cousin,Christian De Massy, son of Ranier's sister wrote this book Palace: My Life in the Royal Family of Monaco, in which he claimed the annual income of the Ranier's was

Quote from wikepedia "Prince Albert is one of the wealthiest Royals in the World valued at more than $1 billion, this include vast a mounts of land both in Monaco and France, and which include the Princes Palace. His wealth does not include other members of the House of Grimaldi which are valued total at over $1.5 billion."  FORBES magazine also estimates that the Grimaldis are amongst the richest Royals in the world.  They are behind several Arab princes/Sheiks and  the House of Lichenstein, with the latter worth $5 billion.

Any way you slice it,  Princess Caroline inherited at least  £750 million from her father TAX FREE,  £140 million from Stephano in total  close to £1 billion.  Factor into that the fact that she earns tens of millions a year in interest.  She also inherited the vast majority  of her grandmother Princess Charlotte's jewelry.

Windsor

Those figures are rather inaccurate, the Grimaldi Family although owners of much of Monaco are still not really in charge of all the money within Monaco, we must remember that ever country has upkeep costs, and the funds are taken out from the revenues generated from business ventures and gambling money.

To suggest this money goes directly to the coffers of the Prince of Monaco is really rather inaccurate.

The total worth of Prince Rainier III upon his death was around USD $2 billion, and if the rules on succession were followed, all of this money was inherited by Prince Albert II, Sovereign inheritance goes from Sovereign to Sovereign and no will can ever change this.

missing diana

Thank you Windsor.  Are you certain about the Sovereign to Sovereign inheritance applying in Monaco?  Certainly it is the case in the UK however the Sovereign in Monaco has much broader ranging powers as the Executive Branch of the state he also outright owns of most of SBM. 

I am pretty confident a lot of the money is restricted by "Sovereign to sovereign"  inheritance.  This was of great importance when Albert was recognizing is illegitimate children.  It was clearly specified that they were entitled to full inheritance rights per French and Monegasque law.

Monegasque law states that the rules relating to the reserved portion which must be left to the children of the deceased, are:

One half of the estate, if the deceased parent left only one child
Two thirds of the estate to be shared equally, if the deceased parent left two children
Three quarters of the estate to be shared equally, if the deceased parent left three or more children

This is so even if the will states the whole of the property must pass to the spouse or some other permutation.

Actually Windsor, I was able to confirm that Ranier made his will under French Law and that Monegasque law will allow Albert to not have to share his estate equally amongst his children.  Possibly because he is the Sovereign.   They did change the constitution to make certain Alexandre couldn't be the heir so who knows they may have changed inheritance laws specifically to address this as well??!!!

ttys

Windsor

Well, to be honest... I no longer know what applies in Monaco, they seem to change everything nowadays, they also seem to do whatever they please without much thought. So for all we know, the Sovereign to Sovereign rule could be long gone, and new processes introduced to fit likes of the current Prince.

Tradition really is not something cherished in Monaco.  :shrug:

missing diana

Quote from: Windsor on July 15, 2011, 03:23:17 AM
Well, to be honest... I no longer know what applies in Monaco, they seem to change everything nowadays, they also seem to do whatever they please without much thought. So for all we know, the Sovereign to Sovereign rule could be long gone, and new processes introduced to fit likes of the current Prince.

Tradition really is not something cherished in Monaco.  :shrug:

I have to agree with you on that !

Lindelle

So are they richer than the BRF?
I read this was so.

cinrit

^^ As far as personal wealth?  Yes, I believe so.  Prince Albert is said to have inherited nearly $2 billion when his father died.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Kate

Princess Grace's  family were quite wealthy in their own right . I'm sure Grace got a substantial inheritance from that  source. So I was wondering just how much money came from the USA family!?

Windsor

Quote from: Lindelle on July 18, 2011, 06:58:33 AM
So are they richer than the BRF?
I read this was so.

They probably are, they probably are not. With the British Royals you don't quite know exactly what is going on with their personal wealth, I believe this is mainly due to their investment portfolios being managed with different names in order to avoid being flagged out in the financial markets.

Lindelle

I see.
But when the Queen offered to pay tax a few years ago surely that would make them lesser wealthy now?

Windsor

I think her annual income from investments has lowered as a result of paying taxes, but not to the extent where her investment portfolio is running in the reds.

wannable

Lindelle

Thanks wannabe, that was very interesting.

Yale

Quote from: Windsor on July 14, 2011, 10:56:33 PM
Those figures are rather inaccurate, the Grimaldi Family although owners of much of Monaco are still not really in charge of all the money within Monaco, we must remember that ever country has upkeep costs, and the funds are taken out from the revenues generated from business ventures and gambling money.

To suggest this money goes directly to the coffers of the Prince of Monaco is really rather inaccurate.

The total worth of Prince Rainier III upon his death was around USD $2 billion, and if the rules on succession were followed, all of this money was inherited by Prince Albert II, Sovereign inheritance goes from Sovereign to Sovereign and no will can ever change this.

Winsor, this is incorrect.  In an interview, Prince Albert said that his own children Jazmin and Alexandre would not inherit the throne but would be taken care of financially and that they are heirs to his personal wealth valued at over 1 billion dollars.  Their constitution or laws garantees that out of wedlock children will inherit equally has any other children that he might have with Charlene.  So, a will does make a difference. The Sovereign whomever it is at that time will not get all of his assets. His children will inherit that money, all of them equally.  He said this himself.